Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Sanguinia posted:

If I'm forgetting something or missing something, I'm glad to be educated though.
It isn't anyone's responsiblity to educate you, you transphobic bigot! How dare you have a nuanced interpretation of this? Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Sinding Johansson posted:

IE in episode one, a shot of old men complaining about how much they contributed to society and how little they have to show for it is replaced with a grotesque (eyes appear rotted out, presumably from drug use) homeless man who has no lines.
He does have lines, he says he ain't seen poo poo since Earth. I guess the state of his eyes could be due to drug use, but my first thought was that something happened to him due to the Astral Gate incident and the resulting ruin of the Earth.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Lamebot posted:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7nbgk/netflixs-cowboy-bebop-isnt-supposed-to-be-good

Hey, dumbass haters, the remake is supposed to be bad. What now? :smug:
Agree with the sentiment that it's a fun show to enjoy on its own terms if you don't expect a masterpiece like the original.

Could do without the obnoxious "oh woe, maybe this is the show we deserve in our horrible hellworld of 2021".

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah. The people going nuts about that either don't remember the show at all or are 100% bad faith. That was exactly as annoying as Ed is in the anime, like identical. Which I don't think is a good idea, but you can't say it wasn't accurate
"100% bad faith"? Wtf? Even among people who like the Netflix version (I'm one of them), I hadn't seen anyone defending Ed yet. Everything about that last minute is bad, it's one of the worst minutes in TV history. It's like when the second plane hit the towers.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
Future archeologists will look at this pronoun poo poo and do a facepalm.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
Why do you feel the need to talk about the gender identity of this 13-year-old cartoon character?

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

VagueRant posted:

Profile: Omon Ra claims to be a porpoise. :thunk:
I think that's the default setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Yvonmukluk posted:

'Edward is Edward.'
-Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV, 2071.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Because they deliberately cast a non-binary actor to play her?
I guess? I would question if someone has really confirmed they "deliberately" cast a girl who prefers to be called "them" (is that supposed to affect her acting somehow?), but what does it really matter.