Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I think people underestimate how far back they can actually remember because they tend to not have specific dates to tie things to.

Earliest memory I can pinpoint puts me at around 1.5 years. I vaguely remember leaving a funeral with my dad. I was heading towards a line of cars on a grassy hill in the cemetery and there was a huge tree to my left. It took until my mid-20's for us to figure out it was my sister's 3rd grade art teacher's funeral.

Anything I remember from Kentucky is from before the age of 4, since that's when my family moved. Probably a little over a dozen memories there. Stubbing my toe, riding the lawn mower with my dad, wearing a Snoopy sailor outfit, meeting another girl named Samantha while jumping on a trampoline, and most importantly- Logicking out that if I pooped in the shower, it would strain through the drain. Next memory was of my mom cleaning the shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Talkc posted:

I also have this kickass memory of just running around the loop the two doors that led from the living room / dining room in my old house to the kitchen with a string while my two cats and my dog played and chased.

No idea how long i did that but in my memory it felt like forever and was such an amazing blast.

I love this so much. :3:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

You Are A Elf posted:

Memory is a fickle thing, though. I can’t recall poo poo from 7th or 8th grade because I was horribly bullied and ignored by the school when I called them out on it. “Boys will be boys” or “you’re overreacting” dismissive poo poo from the administration. Try as I might to even remember teacher’s names or who what few of my friends were, and I come up completely blank.

gently caress middle school.

This is where my memory also shits the bed. I can remember that Andrew was the blonde boy who sat nearest the door in 3rd grade, but I have photo booth photos with girls I don't recognize at some point after 8th. My sister found an old 7th grade English notebook of mine last week and you can watch my handwriting shrink to nothing along with my confidence.

It was bad enough that one of my bullies contacted me in my mid-20's to apologize. She had no cause to; we hadn't spoken in 12 years and were thousands of miles apart. It really struck me that it even bothered her a decade later.

A nice memory: When I was 2 or 3, the present I got to open on Christmas Eve was an electric TMNT toothbrush. I was loving siked.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

You Are A Elf posted:

He apologized profusely to me for putting a wedge between his sister and I and for ruining our friendship. It took a toll on her so much that when she was old enough, she moved away. He was on the verge of crying and I told him to please stop and accepted his apology because it happened thirty years ago and I had completely forgotten about it all. It was so weird to revisit a memory on a whim like that, but at least he has since reconciled with his sister and was getting the help that he needed :unsmith:

But how the hell did he recognize me 30 years into the future :psyduck:

That's really sweet. :unsmith: I know it's not the case for everyone's tormentor, but it's always nice to hear about people trying to be better.