Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Been playing Warzone for a few months now. Its fun. Sometimes.

Love to be called a r-worded n-word loving f-word when i get the drop on a highschool kid. :blastu:

Also, Fortunes Keep is a good map.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Chinatown posted:

Been playing Warzone for a few months now. Its fun. Sometimes.

Love to be called a r-worded n-word loving f-word when i get the drop on a highschool kid. :blastu:

Also, Fortunes Keep is a good map.

:69snypa:

Death mics are 1000000% the best thing that Call of Duty does

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BaronVanAwesome posted:

:yeah:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I cannot abide rando voice comms so have death mics off, I do question this often though, but I’m not good enough to get deserved rage.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Honest to god one of the best innovations in gaming

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

BaronVanAwesome posted:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Been playing IW4x reliving the glory days.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Why death mics are funny. More innocent times in Verdansk.

https://youtu.be/LldbkzoupxI

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gotta go force myself to hit 100 in the battlepass and I will not be getting the next season one because lol why

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

priznat posted:

Gotta go force myself to hit 100 in the battlepass and I will not be getting the next season one because lol why

Well the good news is Call of Duty points seem to carry over to new games/all platforms so you can just bank them.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Well the good news is Call of Duty points seem to carry over to new games/all platforms so you can just bank them.

Yah that's the plan. If I were to grind out the S5 battlepass I would have +300 points but nah not worth it as I doubt I'll play much. Kind of bored with even the mw2019 mp at this point!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
It actually really pisses me off other games don't do this. I have like 20 dollars in Apex points I'll never ever use again because I switched to PC

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018

soggybagel posted:

It actually really pisses me off other games don't do this. I have like 20 dollars in Apex points I'll never ever use again because I switched to PC

COD points will carry over to other games on the same platform, but they’re not usable cross platform, I believe.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Mummy Napkin posted:

COD points will carry over to other games on the same platform, but they’re not usable cross platform, I believe.

They're tied to your Activision account so the points and progression are saved across platforms. The reason why Apex Legends didn't is because the in game currency had to be bought through the respective stores. So I started playing Apex on PS4 and had currency + purchases of new heroes tied to that account. Which is why it was such a buzzkill to move to PC last year and have none of them unlocked. Where as on PS4 to PC with Call of Duty it has all my stats, in game purchases, etc.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I'm really curious if there will be an option to buy MW2 on the PC xbox app that would also allow you to play on the series x/s.. Probably not, at least not until the deal is all done.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

soggybagel posted:

They're tied to your Activision account so the points and progression are saved across platforms.

This isn't true - COD Points stick to their platforms, but you're right that progression (and the stuff you buy WITH points) carries over.

From the CoD site:

quote:

Cross-progression does not include Call of Duty Points (COD Points, CP), however. You can only spend COD Points on the platform on which they were purchased, but items you purchase with COD Points are shared across all linked platforms.

"How do COD Points work on Battle.Net Launcher vs. Steam" is kinda in the air though

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Oh wow. I swear I booted up into MW2019 and I somehow had points and it surprised me because I hadn't played a COD in years. Well, I'm wrong. Whatever.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Did a new cheating wave ramp up? I tried a game of fortune's keep last night and would get absolutely lasered the instant I landed, even through tent walls. I redropped in the same match about 5 times and didn't last longer than 10 seconds on the ground any time and was like wow this is fuuuuuun

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Shockeh posted:

What amazes me more is two months before death, anyone is buying those bundles.

Although it doesn't irritate me like the Roze 2.0 skin does, which was a shameless 'Get an invisible skin!' cash grab, and is *everywhere*.

I spend a lot of time in gulag, and while I’m there I block the door to the spawn in area, preventing people from helping their party members with call outs. Doing so gives me a chance to see what skins are popular, and a depressing number of people bought that.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

soggybagel posted:

Oh wow. I swear I booted up into MW2019 and I somehow had points and it surprised me because I hadn't played a COD in years. Well, I'm wrong. Whatever.

No hard feelings, the whole thing is overly complicated and I don't think a real answer has been given yet for (like me) if you had BLOPSCW/Vanguard/Warzone on battlenet but am picking up MWII on Steam, I've got like 1200 points locked there

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

BaronVanAwesome posted:

No hard feelings, the whole thing is overly complicated and I don't think a real answer has been given yet for (like me) if you had BLOPSCW/Vanguard/Warzone on battlenet but am picking up MWII on Steam, I've got like 1200 points locked there

You'll still have to use the b.net launcher, wouldn't you? Regardless of where you bought it?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if youre shadowbanned b/c of too many in-game reports you will get dumped in non-stop cheater lobbies for a couple weeks

I assume the cheater population is low because I've seen surprisingly 0 ragecheaters in my games since fortune's keep dropped and this is with getting a bunch of 1.2-1.3 kd lobbies

I used to see ragecheaters all the time pre-ricochet and pre-caldera and that's about when I noped out of the game for a long spell

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I don’t know what’s going on with my games and I was not great before but respectable, but now I can go entire matches without a kill and just keep getting dunked on. Seems unlikely I would have been reported for cheating because I was never good.

It really sucks now there is no plunder mode and there is no shoot the ship on mw2019 so I will just take a break until the next map rotation happens i suppose.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

you can see some lobby information with trackers like the following:
https://cod.tracker.gg/warzone

What I've noticed is that the game creates lobbies with very large skill disparities. Ironically contrary to the people who complain about SBMM, the system seems to constantly make imbalanced lobbies skill-wise.

The players in warzone have been getting better and better since release on how to play the game. They're better at beaming people out of the sky and camping loadouts. They're better at taking advantage of all the utility in the game to get player position (e.g. uav, rebirth mode kill pings, sound, heartbeat, bounty contracts, "player dropping in" notifications, etc.). They know if someone is behind tents they should just start spamming everywhere, especially if they have combat scout since basically no one runs cold blooded. So if it seems like some people just always seem to know where you are...it probably is because the game is legitimately giving them all that information constantly.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also if you happen to be a mouse user, keep in mind that controller players of an equivalent skill level generally have a large advantage over you in close quarter fair duels

if you put yourself in a situation where an equivalently skilled controller player has successfully centered their reticle on you and you have not gained some significant advantage beforehand, you will usually lose if you insist on dueling them

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

also if you happen to be a mouse user, keep in mind that controller players of an equivalent skill level generally have a large advantage over you in close quarter fair duels

if you put yourself in a situation where an equivalently skilled controller player has successfully centered their reticle on you and you have not gained some significant advantage beforehand, you will usually lose if you insist on dueling them

I was wondering about that too, I'm pc/mouse and it really feels that way. Almost a little pointless to play with mouse, but I don't know if I want to move to controller. I can't see how the aim can move that fast with thumbsticks, it's crazy!

One thing I did notice when playing a few weeks back when taped grip boosted the speed so much was using stuff like the blixen or marcos you could break their aim assist by zooming past them and spinning back. so often they would start firing when they were 90deg away from me. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore though, perhaps it bumped my skill level up because of it.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I would say that console players probably need the generous aim assist to maintain parity since 80 fov and 60 fps are such crippling penalties. There are so many different ways in the game to get an advantage as a mouse player over a console controller player, and a mouse player is going to be superior at disengaging if they can recognize they are in a bad situation.

The warzone developers in an interview have acknowledged based on their own internal stats that controller players have an advantage except maybe for the very top mouse players.

If you want to have the most advantages possible, play controller on PC. Use 'standard' aim assist since that is the only option with rotational aim assist. Disable aim assist fov scaling since that will effectively give you a bigger pc exclusive aim assist bubble. Use a large ~120 fov. Enjoy the developers not caring about balancing the controller input differently on PC vs console like other crossplay developers have done.

If you just like playing with mouse, accept the disadvantages and adopt an anti-aim assist playstyle.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

If you zoom past a controller player and you're point blank to them while they are actively engaging aim assist (i.e. using their movement stick at all whatsoever) and they are trying to latch on to you, they will get such a strong and gigantic aim assist boon it will feel like they can consistently hit a theoretical TTK on you. You can try to zoom past them but not point blank to them.

The higher the skill of lobbies you get placed in the more you will encounter players who know how to properly and consistently use aim assist.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Really tempted to try out BF2042 just because all the console folks complain about AA being totally useless for them :haw:

(kidding BF2042 is trash. I'd play it if it was made free on the pc game pass but that's about it)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

yes aim assist killcams can look like an aimbot to a mouse player who wasn't aware how it works

the aim assist does a strong pull with instant reaction times to movement, so it can be very difficult to win a straight up ADS strafe duel against an equivalently skilled player

some examples of how it works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SXOkjQPvYk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOMypGAJ0Kc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufw8bnIfG7E

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jeez. I should just turn off crossplay. *queues for 20 hours with no lobbies* :sigh:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I think high frame rates on PC do a lot to help. You get a lot more data to line up your shots with on a PC that can do double or triple the framerate that the consoles can

God help you if you're doing crossplay with a mouse and 60hz monitor on PC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Really tempted to try out BF2042 just because all the console folks complain about AA being totally useless for them :haw:

(kidding BF2042 is trash. I'd play it if it was made free on the pc game pass but that's about it)

i came back to COD because of how insanely bad 2042 turned out. i mean :wtc:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

priznat posted:

Jeez. I should just turn off crossplay. *queues for 20 hours with no lobbies* :sigh:
IME queuing up most PC players seem like controller players

like 95% of the warzone streamers are PC controller players

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I imagine you need some elite controller with the paddles now too, dammit.

I just have an old and busted 360 controller with the dongle somewhere.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i mean you can just stick with mouse and get strong as gently caress in a world full of poo poo and so on and so forth

warzone 2 is around the corner and they may actually try to balance the inputs across PC and console like other more popular cross platform game devs have done

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah I'm hoping that the DMZ mode is more single player focused with less chance of getting constantly beamed by sweats.

But then it sounds like that's what Tarkov is like so not really high hopes there.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

God help you if you're doing crossplay with a mouse and 60hz monitor on PC
a very rare few play m&k on console

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AG3MhF-EVY

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

That guy is really good with the prefiring, something I always lag on badly. I'll get the mouse on target and then start firing but you should be firing as you drag it over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

watching that vid i think he might just be trolling and is on pc with 60 fov but yes you can play m&k on console lol