Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
7. What is the medical profession?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
6 seems like a very good question at this point.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
18 year old Yenny lives in Copenhagen, but since the summer she has been staying with her parents. Does she know the doctor head is missing?

quote:

18 year old Yenny lives in Copenhagen, but since the summer she has been staying with her parents. Does she know the doctor head is missing?

Yenny, her aunt, your aunt, Xavier and Sebastian. How is all of this connected to the cave?

You're worried about Yenny, so you would like to take her to the cave with you the next day.

Yenny's parents are very worried, they're packing up to take her home.

What is Yenny hiding, and why does her aunt want to get rid of her?

May 2014 The head of the missing doctor, the doctor you had put in the water in January, is found in a fountain. You are sure it is him, and you feel responsible for his death. What could have happened? Why was the head in the fountain? What is the connection between the head and the fountain?

You've been looking for the missing doctor, and you now realize he may be looking for you. He is missing. Have you been looking for him?

And then the mystery of the missing objects and the figure in the tent appears, the mysterious figure in the tent, maybe also looking for you.

Is the missing doctor the mysterious figure in the tent?

With all the new information you will be able to make sense of all of this. You've been wondering how and why he disappeared.

It is time to take action: YOU
Locate the connection between the missing head, the missing doctor, the missing objects and the mysterious figure in the tent, the tent with a funny saying on it, "treasure is found in all places."

2. Know where the hidden treasure is located.

3. Use the following information to solve the mystery. Where is the tomb?

4. Discover the location of the doctor's head.

5. Place the head back where it belongs.

6. Yenny also left a note in the tent, a journal in Spanish, telling a story, about a girl who runs away from home , and her aunt who lives in London.
Backpack
- A (doctor's?) skull

:siren::siren::siren:
A voting window is now open!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

2.:homebrew:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Clearly, the correct option is 5. We need to return the head to the body so we can keep our act of murder a secret.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
1. Best to figure this out properly, no shortcuts.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Yeah, 1. I want to put the pieces together!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

5 is clearly the puzzle solution.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

6, I want to read Yenny's fanfic.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
We don't need to find the doctor's head. It's right there, in our inventory. But I am interested in hidden treasures. Let's do #2.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I think we do both 1 and 5. Hit up the tent, discover that the mysterious figure is the headless doctor, and put his skull back on.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

I think we do both 1 and 5. Hit up the tent, discover that the mysterious figure is the headless doctor, and put his skull back on.

This

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
1. Solve the Mystery, we're the world's greatest cave-doctor-skull detective.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1 what do we know and when did we know it? :tinfoil:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
We're doing 1 then 5!

quote:

It is time to take action. You try to locate the connection between the missing head, the missing doctor, the missing objects and the mysterious figure in the tent, the tent with a funny saying on it, "treasure is found in all places."

This will all make sense, and bring you the answers you are looking for.

Reward 2 Winner

Rune

Level: Master Barbarian Lv 1.6

Prize: Your signed version of The Curse of the Desert, signed by Magnus Gjoen and Arild Andersen
Backpack
- A (doctor's?) skull
- A Rune
- A signed version of The Curse of the Desert, signed by Magnus Gjoen and Arild Andersen.

Level and Stats
- Master Barbarian Lv 1.6

quote:

After that, you place the head back where it belongs.

The missing head, the doctor you had been searching for, and your missing journal are all returned to you.

And the skull has become a beautiful full moon.

The Great Pyramid is near. It is the destination of your journey.

Check back soon.

You put everything in your backpack, then YOU:
1. Add THE CURSE OF THE DESERT to your pledge.

2. The reason you want The Curse of the Desert is in your pledge.

3. Press the big green button in the right upper corner of your screen.

Press the big green button in the right upper corner of your screen.

Follow the special instructions after the big green button.

Please press the big green button in the right upper corner of your screen.

4. Everyone will receive The Curse of the Desert (Version 2) as an e-book, in a DRM-free PDF.

5. You investigate the tent: In the long box to the left of the tent you find two more teeth, a string, an empty jar with a cork at the top and a small key.
Backpack
- A (doctor's?) skull
- A full doctor
- A miniature full moon
- Your Journal
- A Rune
- A signed version of The Curse of the Desert, signed by Magnus Gjoen and Arild Andersen.

Level and Stats

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
5. Collect the items. Surely we will need these to solve some puzzle.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Very polite, but insistent so it must be important.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Distribute some DRM-free literature (4)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

gently caress yeah, press that button :f5h:
Option 3.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

PUSH THE BUTTON

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Definitely do NOT push the button. Someone's got an agenda here, and I don't like it. We've gotta keep on-mission and do number 5.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

5 - one can never have too many teeth

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

3 is most likely a joke bad ending.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

Stumbling in the dark damp cave you look at the old pot here, and other objects along the ground. A missing item. They are missing here? How did they disappear? An ambulance takes them away, you know.

Man, it's really something to have a brainfart so bad that even the neural networks won't stop getting little digs in at you for it.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

life_source posted:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Whybird posted:

Man, it's really something to have a brainfart so bad that even the neural networks won't stop getting little digs in at you for it.
It was a magical thread to be part of and I am glad that someone picked up my suggestion and ran with it :D

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

3, the button is green and green is good so we will win

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

4 they had me at DRM free

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

4, gotta have that ebook!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

We need to share this ebook!

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
Man, so many good options here. It's really hard to choose.

I think the game's telling us that we should hit the big green button in the upper right corner of the screen (#3)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

For even modern day barbarians word is bond and I won't let the doctor's sacrifice be for nothing. Time to enter the pyramid and end the curse forever

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

quote:

You put everything in your backpack, then you Press the big green button in the right upper corner of your screen.

✖ P.S. ✖ P.S. ✖ __________________________________

Greetings loyal viewers,

It’s been a great two years, and the Curse of the Desert has hit it’s 90,000th viewers!

Unfortunately, it has been a hard past few months as we all have been dealing with some pretty harsh financial problems.

It seems that with our meager savings that we had not been making payments on our main line of credit.

So, after sitting on our hands for the past couple of months, we decided to just go ahead and make an agreement with it to help lessen the financial burden.

You are a Master Barbarian Lv 1.6 so it difficult for you to understand technology and/or finance. What do you think this message means?
1. You cannot use the PC in order to access this site anymore.

2. You can no longer use the browser in order to access this site anymore.

3. If you want to continue using The Curse of the Desert, and you want it to continue, we are looking at the possibility of you pledging $2 a month. That is for one year.

4. The pyramyd has not vanished completely, however, it is a much reduced site. So please do not feel embarrassed to make your donations.

5. Xavier and Sebastian will not be working on The Curse of the Desert. They are both still working on our other game, Apocalypse World, so we apologize for not keeping you up to date on the development.
Backpack
- A (doctor's?) skull
- A full doctor
- A miniature full moon
- Your Journal
- A Rune

Level and Stats

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

3 pledge, like any honorable barbarian would

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ME THROW MONEY AT CURSE TO KEEP IT WORKING
Option #3

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

This is exactly the kind of pyramid scheme a master barbarian would get suckered by. Option 3.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
Apocalyse World, eh? That sounds like a twist! Let's do #5.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sometimes you've just go to recognise that you've wasted your money and move on. 1. We cannot use the PC in order to access this site anymore.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Bullshit I thought the curse of the desert was drm free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011