Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Android Apocalypse posted:

IMO Baker is good & above average, but him being hurt & needing everybody working at 100% is beyond his control.

Browns fans, what's the last game a healthy Mayfield lost you the game?

Week 1

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Android Apocalypse posted:

IMO Baker is good & above average, but him being hurt & needing everybody working at 100% is beyond his control.

Browns fans, what's the last game a healthy Mayfield lost you the game?

The KC game ending interception at the start of the year?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What in the same fuckin hill

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Titans need Frank Gore

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

What's Todd Gurley up to these days or are his knees simply gone

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1455197638102589444?t=MZ6psIRsI8UkUALiVmjeGA&s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers defense good so what

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sweet thursday posted:

I am opening myself up for poo poo and abuse

I only open people up for love and tenderness, not poo poo and abuse

I didn't realize Henry got hurt, woke up late and didn't watch much of that game. That really sucks. One of the true originals in the league, there ain't no one else like him and the rest of the season will be lesser without him.

I believe AP could still have it though. To some extent. Not the worst idea ever anyways.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Has there ever been a player in the nfl with a total knee replacement?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If the Titans are looking for a washed running back may we offer you one Leveon Bell?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

Has there ever been a player in the nfl with a total knee replacement?
Not sure but according to a recent Harvard study over 12% of former NFL players have had a knee replacement

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wtf

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The multiple surgeries that many players endue on their knees and other joints have consequences later in life, oftentimes. Once you get older all the damage and scar tissue that is never perfectly fixed by surgery starts to cause pain.

Plus obviously it can just be from overuse too. These guys work their knees as their job, basically. More days of the year than not they're either working out or practicing or both.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

shyduck posted:

What's Todd Gurley up to these days or are his knees simply gone

He couldn’t make the Ravens Hall of Washed Up RBs so I would guess he’s just done

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Play posted:

The multiple surgeries that many players endue on their knees and other joints have consequences later in life, oftentimes. Once you get older all the damage and scar tissue that is never perfectly fixed by surgery starts to cause pain.

Plus obviously it can just be from overuse too. These guys work their knees as their job, basically. More days of the year than not they're either working out or practicing or both.

I edited that to wtf because I posted in the wrong thread, but I appreciate the thought!

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Gatts posted:

The KC game ending interception at the start of the year?

He got hit as he threw. That's honestly more fluky than anything.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

I edited that to wtf because I posted in the wrong thread, but I appreciate the thought!

explaining obvious things to people who don't give a poo poo is my fetish so it's all good here

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Woozie66 posted:

He got hit as he threw. That's honestly more fluky than anything.

Fluky in that the KC pass rush got home for once as much as anything.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
My inquiry is more along the lines of if joint replacement is capable of allowing them to play sport.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

My inquiry is more along the lines of if joint replacement is capable of allowing them to play sport.

I very much doubt it, artificial joints are not like normal joints (obviously) and wouldn't give you the range of motion necessary to play football. You also wouldn't give a young man an artificial joint unless literally everything in there is smashed to a pulp in which case they won't be playing football anyways.

So yeah, probably the most dramatic thing as far as that goes are gonna be pins and screws rather than an entire artificial joint

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Phew! The scrappy underdogs Chiefs clawed back a win against the offensive juggernaut Giants and their godlike QB Danny Jones. Victory for the little guy.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
24 straight games with < 30 points. I am gonna smoke the fattest blunt imaginable the day that Jason Garrett is no longer employed by the Giants

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Peyton and Strahan were incensed over the Giants playcalliing

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Chiefs need to immediately trade Mahomes for Wentz.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Play posted:

I very much doubt it, artificial joints are not like normal joints (obviously) and wouldn't give you the range of motion necessary to play football. You also wouldn't give a young man an artificial joint unless literally everything in there is smashed to a pulp in which case they won't be playing football anyways.

So yeah, probably the most dramatic thing as far as that goes are gonna be pins and screws rather than an entire artificial joint

Yeah but if you get replacements, they just through your ACL in the garbage. You could laugh in the face of the training camp/preseason ACL gods!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Does Joe Judge do anything?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

he screams at refs at the appropriate times

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

This is unfair, I believe he screams at his players too. Perhaps not at the right time, but he'll do that too.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

DariusLikewise posted:

Does Joe Judge do anything?

He can breathe and that's enough for the Maras.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

24 straight games with < 30 points. I am gonna smoke the fattest blunt imaginable the day that Jason Garrett is no longer employed by the Giants

The Giants hiring the offensive mind that made Cowboys fans hate life for a decade when he coached for them is a legendary self own.

:discourse:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Every once in a while I remember that the Ravens almost hired Garrett before Harbaugh and I just stare blankly at the wall for a minute

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Watching a coach poo poo things up for years in your own division, and then hiring him, really is a special level of incompetence only possible in the Eastern clownball divisions. See also: the Jets looking at the Gase Dolphins and thinking "yeah I gotta get me some of that".

Nov 6, 2002

Docjowles posted:

Watching a coach poo poo things up for years in your own division, and then hiring him, really is a special level of incompetence only possible in the Eastern clownball divisions. See also: the Jets looking at the Gase Dolphins and thinking "yeah I gotta get me some of that".

Don't forget the Bills hiring Rex Ryan.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Patriots hiring Pete Carroll although he never lasted "years".
Jets hiring Gase
Bills hiring Rex

Only the Dolphins are immune.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Rex's wiki page is so loving good. Just scroll to any random year and there's some bizarre sideshow event.

quote:

Ryan faced questions before and after the game about his decision to name IK Enemkpali, who had been released by the Jets in preseason after breaking quarterback Geno Smith's jaw in an altercation, as Buffalo's captain for the game (L O L I had forgotten this gem).

Frustrated by the Bills leading the NFL in penalties heading into their Week 5 game against the Tennessee Titans, Ryan gave the entire team wristbands with the message "Yes sir". These were the only words he wanted his players to use with officials if they were flagged.

Following the season, Ryan went on a profane tirade against the team for allegedly quitting on him.

Ryan was seen cursing at an unidentified person and was subsequently fined $100,000 by the league.

Ryan became embroiled in controversy a few days later when he made an obscene gesture towards heckling Dolphins fans who spat on him during a Strikeforce mixed martial arts event

Without even getting into the whole foot thing.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Docjowles posted:

Rex's wiki page is so loving good. Just scroll to any random year and there's some bizarre sideshow event.

Without even getting into the whole foot thing.

The foot thing owns because my mom was acquaintances with his wife when he was with the Ravens and it was super funny when she found this news out.

Nov 6, 2002

The whole Ryan family is a bunch of clowns.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The whole Ryan family is a bunch of clowns.
Didn't the Ryan boys get into a drunken fistfight at some sports bar while they were both still coaching or am I imagining things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

AndrewP posted:

I am not convinced that the times of his choosing are, in fact, appropriate.