Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Yeah, that was… Eeugh.

She's been giving off low-grade psychopath vibes for just about the entire series, then she suddenly switched into high-grade mode with no warning. No loving wonder the entire rest of the party are on perpetual tenderhooks around her.

I do kind of wonder how many other times she's pulped someone after seeing what she did to Ares. The deer in the headlights reaction from everyone else in episode three makes disturbingly more sense now, the brash and burly fighter dude was on his hands and knees because he probably thought he was literally begging for his life...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

This was definitely just a set up episode, I think it remains worth pointing out that it's something of a surprise that a show with this pitch would actually have a consistent, serialized plot. I can honestly say I am really looking forward to seeing how things shake out, because the show is a lot of story actually happening.

And at the same time even though it's a set up episode it introduced a new mystery, introduced a new character and his perspective, shook up who was where and doing what advancing the arcs of several characters, paid off a previous storyline by showing what Ruti had been looking for this whole time, and gave a new view on her motivation beyond just "has to be the hero". That's not quite nothing.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Aggressive plays from Rit today boy howdy

There is a 0% chance those two have not done it offscreen, and you know what? I'm happy for them.

Meanwhile, what kind of interests me is the implication there some kind of schism going on in the demon world. Last episode, back when Ruti got her mandatory airship she had a line of dialogue saying she was surprised by the demon that was protecting it but didn't say why other than to bring up demon politics, now we have a bit where Belial is chased off by another demon for drug dealing (who he calls a heretic), and after that goat boy seemed to actively want to work with the hero to kill the current demon lord judging by the way he strong-armed Albert. It seems to me there's going to be a demon Civil War in the near future, most likely over the effect of blessings given the framing of the series and what Ruti said. It wouldn't surprise me if the unrest in Zoltan is going to be a microcosm of much bigger events down the line of the story.