Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Are there any banished from the party stories where the person actually is weak or falling behind? I remember there was one where the guy was getting weaker as he used his abilities but he was actually under a curse and once broken he was back to full OP abilities in like chapter 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

This story Gideon was falling behind. He apparently would have just died had he stayed with them.

Yeah, I should have specified besides this one. It's part of what makes it so good. Gideon may be OP on a small frontier village but in the hero party it was his noncombat skills that were important after the party surpassed him.

Also, thanks for the link Khy. I'll check that one out.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

I feel Gideon should have talked to the rest of the party. If he had the party probably would not have fallen apart an hour after he left.

Yeah that seems to be a staple of the genre so just have to ignore it I guess. Whether they are banished or leave willingly they don't talk it out with the party.

In a way Gideon is almost acting like Ares by thinking he knows what is best for the party and going through without discussing it first