Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I like how this show starts off as like a fantasy pseudo-isekai slice of life but slowly the camera pulls out and slowly builds up the setting a little more.

I like how even adventurers on the lower end of the high ranking scale can kinda inherently destabilizing to the politics of the local area that everyone is on their toes due to their presence.

I dunno how deep this series will end up being but I like that there's darker stuff happening in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Relationship progress!

And more info about your Blessing and what it takes sometimes to avoid doing things your blessing wants you to do.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Seems like they're building up towards something, but this episode to me felt more like a setup episode pretending to be a something happening episode.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The plot thickens.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
It's an uncommon enough design in the aggregate that with her personality in that one page its kinda a shame they changed it as she seemed interesting; not a fan of the costume she has but overall its like a 8 on 10. Goat legged demonettes aren't really common outside of Draenei.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

khy posted:

How about instead of banished from ONE party, banished from TWO? And also a church, and a noble house.

https://mangadex.org/title/2356f5ff-143f-4e3b-96e6-9d9f5efab8c5/ningen-fushin-no-boukenshatachi-ga-sekai-o-sukuu-youdesu

TL;DR - four different people who all experienced betrayal and sought refuge in various addictions (Idol addition, gambling, brothel, and food addiction) meet and form a party based on mutual distrust of one another.

Sounds like a blast! Like a dark cynical version of the Order of the Stick.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Aggressive plays from Rit today boy howdy

It's been great and refreshing to see an anime where relationships visibly progress on screen and not Inu Yasha'd forever and ever.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I want an isekai where like, the popular girl gets transported and then either does super cut throat politics to get ahead or is otherwise able to act as the glue that keeps the party together sort of thing; either story idea interests me after watching the "Weak Character" cleans himself up and becomes popular anime.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well to be exact the author literally said he would have died had he stayed with them. (And the party would have rallied around his death). Gideon knew he was falling behind and agreed with Ares which is why he left without a word. (Which was for sure his mistake there)

I feel like there's certainly a compromise position between these two extremes; like Ares obviously wanted to get rid of Gideon so he could have more influence over the Hero; an actual wise and observant individual looking out for the good of the team would've had that meeting with Gideon instead to work out a plan to account for Gideon falling behind because his contributions as the face are really important, in order to insure his safety and the safety of everyone else.

Ideally Gideon takes up a more ranged role maybe that puts him out of harms way in combat, maybe backing up the Sage/Wizard?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Holy poo poo.

The anime version is more like, "Hrm yes, the most powerful words were uttered this day" and seemed well, wholesome, like there's hints something is wrong because we know her Blessing normally would suppress her from acting that way, and she seemed to have killed the Demon, not sure what happened with the other dude who was there; that manga panel makes very very scared instead.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I was on the edge of my seat worried that the Hero would squish the spider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nitrousoxide posted:

I'm sorry, what?

Is this story actually sci-fi?

It's apparently a common trend for your fantasy setting with video game mechanics to actually be scifi