Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I've started reading the manga, and it's kind of weird how they cut out the only scene where Ruti smiles, when she's around her brother, in the first volume of the manga. I guess they're portraying that she cares about him in the subsequent episodes, but you don't necessarily get the feeling that she LIKES him as a brother, rather than just values his skills in the anime. I don't think they've ever shown her with anything but a neutral expression the whole show so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Not very impressed with the animation quality in this episode. Saw a lot of morphs instead of actual animated frames and when it was animated it seemed to be on 3s or even 4s often.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Yen Press is the publisher in the US. It is of course also available as :filez: at the normal manga places too.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Weird change to the contract demon.

Manga:

We're also only a few chapters away from the English translations of the manga. Next episode I bet we'll surpass it.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Well the anime is ahead of the manga now. So it's soundly in LN territory now.

Tise was much more expressive in her inner monologues in the manga.

And Ruti suitably more bonkers.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I'm sorry, what?

Is this story actually sci-fi?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tamba posted:

Maybe it's just a Kumoko spinoff

It's got similar animation quality!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

In the LN does anyone comment on this being a high tech bunker? Or do they just treat this as mysterious elven architecture? They didn't seem to be terribly surprised by it in the anime and had no issues using the automatic doors and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Can someone explain what shisandan's motivation for doing...anything... is? It seems like he should be ok with the ruti not being the hero, especially since hes a demon and all.

Based on a conversation that was cut short in the anime, it seems like the "demons" are working with "God" and were put in charge of ensuring people abide by "God's blessing".

https://mangadex.org/chapter/696f2ed9-9d9b-4f10-b30c-1599ef2d9e68/21

From my reading of this, the contract demon was working to undo this because he/she was going against the "will of god". Shisandan was keeping to the "will of god" and why he was trying to get the hero to go back to abiding by her blessing.