Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nitrousoxide posted:

Weird change to the contract demon.

Manga:

We're also only a few chapters away from the English translations of the manga. Next episode I bet we'll surpass it.

I think I prefer him as a Goat monster. Succubi are dime a dozen in JP fantasy. Though I wish the Goat looked a bit more clearly demonic, cool markings or wings or something.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the sexy version still has goat legs. i don't think there is a specific term for that, since satyrs are exclusively male.

Satyrs also don't tend to have goat heads.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kyoujin posted:

Are there any banished from the party stories where the person actually is weak or falling behind? I remember there was one where the guy was getting weaker as he used his abilities but he was actually under a curse and once broken he was back to full OP abilities in like chapter 2.

This story Gideon was falling behind. He apparently would have just died had he stayed with them.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 28, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Albert also for sure had more potential then Gideon. He was held back by his location.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kung Food posted:

He would have been just fine if he fell back to a non-combat role as the party manager and face. Instead Ares kicked out the only member not using CHA as a dump stat.

Well to be exact the author literally said he would have died had he stayed with them. (And the party would have rallied around his death). Gideon knew he was falling behind and agreed with Ares which is why he left without a word. (Which was for sure his mistake there)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Raenir Salazar posted:

I feel like there's certainly a compromise position between these two extremes; like Ares obviously wanted to get rid of Gideon so he could have more influence over the Hero; an actual wise and observant individual looking out for the good of the team would've had that meeting with Gideon instead to work out a plan to account for Gideon falling behind because his contributions as the face are really important, in order to insure his safety and the safety of everyone else.

Ideally Gideon takes up a more ranged role maybe that puts him out of harms way in combat, maybe backing up the Sage/Wizard?

I feel Gideon should have talked to the rest of the party. If he had the party probably would not have fallen apart an hour after he left.