Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Anderson Koopa posted:

The British Royal Family issues the weirdest proof of life photographs. This picture was supposedly taken yesterday.

I'm thinking of a line from the original MST3k Manos episode: "Every frame of this movie looks like someone's last known photograph."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

uber_stoat posted:

the Bank should come up with a cartoon mascot Sovereign that can serve as representative on the currency to avoid these awkward situations.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Replace the human royal family with a corgi royal family. This plan keeps all the tourism benefits, cuts expenses by like 2/3rds, and you get to have a royal funeral and a coronation like every 5 to 10 years.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

redshirt posted:

Thick, regal sausages

Ahhh the 5th meat....

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Good news everyone! Charles is well enough to return to "Duties". What are those duties? Mostly getting out of a car and watching people in silly costumes ride horses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgGJvpPKC6A

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/ce9rn4qeryro

:britain:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Speleothing posted:

Replace the human royal family with a corgi royal family. This plan keeps all the tourism benefits, cuts expenses by like 2/3rds, and you get to have a royal funeral and a coronation like every 5 to 10 years.

I support this concept; hell, you’d get some real grief and mourning from the public. Corgis are a lot more photogenic than the royals too.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
and once a year, for a special national holiday, you could have them run a little race. they could jump through hoops, run up ramps, etc. i guess you could do that with the current family but i'm not sure how it would be received.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Speleothing posted:

elton john's gonna have his work cut out for him then

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
most experts agree that having something to do is how you stay mentally fit as you get older.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I support this concept; hell, you’d get some real grief and mourning from the public. Corgis are a lot more photogenic than the royals too.

The media would get to regularly go apeshit with CORGonation puns

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
i learned last night that sea spiders can regrow their buttholes so maybe chas can go on a noble English quest to find a sea spider who will teach him how to chop his cancerous butthole off and regrow it

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Howard Beale posted:

elton john's gonna have his work cut out for him then

I hope Elton okays the Weird Al parody “Sausage in the Bin” for the death of King Chuck.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

you even get an entirely different class of scandals. Imagine if the worst thing your monarch did was whiz behind the couch every now and then

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

idiotsavant posted:

i learned last night that sea spiders can regrow their buttholes so maybe chas can go on a noble English quest to find a sea spider who will teach him how to chop his cancerous butthole off and regrow it

Gonna have to start over with the fact that sea spiders are a thing, my day is ruined

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

quote:

the sea spider species Pycnogonum litorale were able to fully regenerate a number of amputated body parts from their lower body, including hind limbs, parts of their guts, reproductive organs and even their anuses.
it had long been assumed that sea spiders didn't possess this ability because scientists had never observed the animals doing it

i've never seen anyone regenerate their rear end in a top hat but you don't see me going around making assumptions.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You think Chuck and Camilla still gently caress?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

:barf:

In all likelihood they probably do.

:nws: Link

This website discusses the prevalence of STDs in nursing homes.

:nws:

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

She’s his living phylactery, you mark my words. If she goes, he’ll be minutes behind. And if he goes first, she’ll simply dissolve into a puddle of primordial phylactery juices and seep into the groundwater, creating more generations of Royalist weirdos across the realm.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

There’s a reason Buckingham Palace is usually referred to as Chuck’s gently caress n Suck (formerly Lizzie’s)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Considering Chuck blew up his marriage and got his wife killed to get her out of the way of that, I'd hope so.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Jestery posted:

Ahhh the 5th meat....

Bimpsie for new King.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Post ITT every time King Charles has time to meet David Beckham but not his son.

https://people.com/king-charles-met-david-beckham-prince-harry-uk-report-8647122

Lots of "fun" back and forth arguments being bandied about, each side seems to be blaming the other.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
GoldSosidgeFinger meets Goldenballs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Me mum only buys "King Charles's Extra Plump Breakfast Sausages"