Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I'm considering buying it, but due to time constraints not before December or so. Looks good, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I played a fair bit of the game now. I guess there are just a few hours left.
I like it a lot, but it already feels like it will end to soon.

But it's super incredibly pretty. And playing around with the screenshot mode is a lot of fun!

Seeing that stuff in motion is really something else. Probably the prettiest game I played all year.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Okay, I am nearly done with the game now and I absolutely love it. Besides providing me a bunch of great screenshots (one of which is my background image now) it's genuinely really heartfelt. Also I love the fact that they made up a whole band for this. Zero to Hero is actually one of the best songs in the whole game, even though it's filled with my favorite songs.

Also I love that Gamora is a fan of Warrior!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I just finished the game at 25 hours. This was awesome. The only part I didn't quite like that much was the combat. The exploration was a tad too linear for me, but that was made up with people dunking on Quill, whenever he ran into corners.
This game did a really good job getting you on board with the mood of the team. Adam Warlock is such a pompous rear end in a top hat and everyone is absolutely aware of that. Talking like that comes natural to him, but he still has a choice about it!
But I really liked everyone of the main cast. way better characterization than the movies and also better than the comics I've read. Especially Gamora.
Making her grow up with a really corny sense of humor as a coping mechanism fits well and explains why she would enjoy hanging out with those dorks. In the movies she was all business and mostly just stuck around because the plot demanded it.

So, about the story. Quite big spoiler: Did anyone actually buy that Nikki might be Piotrs daughter? Yes the timing fits, but I found that assassin ring and Gamora pretty explicitly said that Kor-El was supposed to kill the Quitary infant queen and chose not too. So I never really bought into the idea that it might be possible, since that's clearly her. The fact that Kor-El was avoiding that DNA-purity test fits too. I was sorta surprised that this part wasn't revealed in the end. Anyway, Nikki rules. I don't often like child characters, but she's cool.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

MH Knights posted:

If you do even casual exploring the same is also true of the equipment upgrades.

Yeah, I was kinda diligent with exploring and by the end I had a buffer of about 3000 of those materials.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
If anyone wants to check out a good LP to see what this game is about, or to see it from someone else's view I can suggest this channel here. She's doing a real good job with the lore and gets super invested in the characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwEzPpOSNrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This is a fairly earned reward.