Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

The only one from Clinton I can remember is Stephanopoulos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

1glitch0 posted:

Oh my god I forgot Spicer! Trump gave us so much.

How do you forget the "[Adolf Hilter] didn't even sink to using chemical weapons" remark? lol

then following it up with

quote:

When it comes to Sarin gas, [Hitler] was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing. I understand your point. Thank you. I appreciate that. He brought them into the Holocaust centers, I understand that. I was saying in the way that Assad used them where he went into town, dropped them into the middle of town. I appreciate the clarification. That was not the intent.

"Holocaust centers" is :discourse:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

White House press conferences under Trump were outstanding because you had a not Trump trying to explain Trump logic

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

but theyre the same picture??? :question:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/prem_thakker/status/1771562821425275249

shocker

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Coolness Averted posted:

I still think a good chunk of why they loved Psaki was west wing brainpoisoning.
The smart and sassy redhead was just like TJ! I saw multiple people unironically say that while gushing about her.

i can't even imagine gushing about white house staff

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

this abctually shows that the Democrats can get poo poo done, unlike the dissfunctionall gee oh pee.

Thank u, Joe. :patriot:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/TrumpDailyPosts/status/1771696310451671095/photo/1

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i can't even imagine gushing about white house staff

ducklo, my love

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I wonder how many more cycles Minnesota will hold out as the last non coastal stronghold for democrats other than Chicago.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Thoguh posted:

I wonder how many more cycles Minnesota will hold out as the last non coastal stronghold for democrats other than Chicago.

It's the most consistently Democrat party state (if you don't count DC), having resisted the 1984 Reagan sweep. Which made it all the more funny when people in NH during the primary told me they were voting KLOB! *click* because she understood Red State people, when there is literally no state less red.

But yeah, if the current iteration of Dems loses it (and they probably will this year or next election at this rate), it should cause some self-reflection... lmao jk it won't

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I'm turning Illinois Red !

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Nichael posted:

It's the most consistently Democrat party state (if you don't count DC), having resisted the 1984 Reagan sweep. Which made it all the more funny when people in NH during the primary told me they were voting KLOB! *click* because she understood Red State people, when there is literally no state less red.

But yeah, if the current iteration of Dems loses it (and they probably will this year or next election at this rate), it should cause some self-reflection... lmao jk it won't

If it hadn't been for the Libertarians stealing the rightful votes of Donald J. Trump, Minnesota would have gone red in 2016 with the rest of the blue wall.

That's how you know the GOP doesn't believe in defending democracy. They won't fight these perfidious third parties getting on the ballot and ruining the election.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SgtMongoose posted:

If it hadn't been for the Libertarians stealing the rightful votes of Donald J. Trump, Minnesota would have gone red in 2016 with the rest of the blue wall.

That's how you know the GOP doesn't believe in defending democracy. They won't fight these perfidious third parties getting on the ballot and ruining the election.

lol I didn't realize that. but also libertarians are so inscrutable that they may randomly vote biden or hilldawg.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Don’t ask what took so long.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

For those of us who don't know the region, why is Minnesota a blue state?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
as i understand it the state level democrats are actually halfway competent and have a solid political machine

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

super sweet best pal posted:

Their neighbors are banana republics that worship oil/corn/hogs.

Minnesota is just kind of normal. It’s like a flattened Colorado.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

super sweet best pal posted:

Minnesotta has a pretty left wing history, and the Farmer-labor party actually fully replaced them as the left wing party. Eventually the two merged to form a coalition, because dems were siphoning enough votes the state would've gone red. Even today inMinnesota you'll see dem candidates technically run on the Democratic-Farmer-Labor ticket, not dem ticket. They hold all state wide offices, half the house seats, and both senate.

E: the merger happened in the 40s, so this was back when the dems and gop weren't exclusively rivals in kayfabe

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 12:08 on Mar 24, 2024

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

Minnesotta has a pretty left wing history, and the Farmer-labor party actually fully replaced them as the left wing party. Eventually the two merged to form a coalition, because dems were siphoning enough votes the state would've gone red. Even today inMinnesota you'll see dem candidates technically run on the Democratic-Farmer-Labor ticket, not dem ticket. They hold all state wide offices, half the house seats, and both senate.

E: the merger happened in the 40s, so this was back when the dems and gop weren't exclusively rivals in kayfabe

Thanks, I wouldn't have found this out on my own.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/PushBidenLeft/status/1770830005536231690

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/SenFettermanPA/status/1772004190249701671

look at this bloodthirsty ogre moron

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

senator supermutant, please kill yourself

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

It seems the public only latches onto one press secretary per president. Biden had Psaki, Trump had Huckabee, Obama had Carney, Bush Jr had Fleischer.

How can you forget Trump's bushman press sec

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The concept of worrying about more than one thing at a time (or intersectionality) is apparently an alien one to libs.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Thoguh posted:

do colorado and new mexico not count?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The concept of worrying about more than one thing at a time (or intersectionality) is apparently an alien one to libs.

It's not, they just pretend it is so they can punch left. Actual intersectionality was used for that until they couldn't keep class out of it anymore, and then they instantly abandoned it.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

pencilhands posted:

Colorado has been blue the last few cycles but has been pretty much split down the middle between Republican/Democrat since Reagan's first election. New Mexico trends more heavily dem but still has a history of voting republican about a third of the time. Minnesota has only gone republican once since 1960 and that single time was 50 years ago.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
That's true but states like Colorado and New Mexico seem to be solidly blue for the foreseeable future. Our politics have become super calcified in most states, Way more than they were prior to 2010.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

pencilhands posted:

no

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Thoguh posted:

Colorado has been blue the last few cycles but has been pretty much split down the middle between Republican/Democrat since Reagan's first election. New Mexico trends more heavily dem but still has a history of voting republican about a third of the time. Minnesota has only gone republican once since 1960 and that single time was 50 years ago.

yeah colorado voted for dubya twice and new mexico did the second time

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Colorado has voted D in every presidential election from 2008 onwards, in 2020 it was +13.5% D

i'd agree its pretty safe D but Biden is a monumental piece of poo poo and nobody wants to vote for him, least of all me

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Blue Texas, Trump Wins is still theoretically possible

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

ex post facho posted:

Colorado has voted D in every presidential election from 2008 onwards, in 2020 it was +13.5% D

i'd agree its pretty safe D but Biden is a monumental piece of poo poo and nobody wants to vote for him, least of all me

The vibe I get is the Colorado Springs Bible thumpers got gradually outvoted by Californian computer touchers moving for “cheap” housing and Texan libs moving for legal weed. At least that’s how CO natives make it sound.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ProperGanderPusher posted:

The vibe I get is the Colorado Springs Bible thumpers got gradually outvoted by Californian computer touchers moving for “cheap” housing and Texan libs moving for legal weed. At least that’s how CO natives make it sound.

Denver also sucks in young libs from KS and NE that don't end up in Chicago

Like most of my family :v:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
stroke out you braindamaged ogre

https://twitter.com/SenFettermanPA/status/1772292930935341471

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
d2i

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/1772439922353361319

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Pooky posted:

How do you forget the "[Adolf Hilter] didn't even sink to using chemical weapons" remark? lol

then following it up with

"Holocaust centers" is :discourse:

I miss those days. Every briefing was basically watching him get roasted by the press while he fumbled around trying to take his foot out of his mouth.