Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Shear Modulus posted:

Tiktok being taken over by Truth Social would be funny

Hell yeah.

I opened up Tiktok today and the homepage video is a guy chilling at the beach and talking about connecting to Allah everyday. You think YouTube or Facebook's dumb poo poo algorithm will do that? By Allah no.

Retromancer posted:

2008 was the last time it seemed like an actual grassroots leftist movement could take root and all that energy got channeled into electing Barack Obama who immediately disbanded all of his organizing infrastructure and bailed the banks out.

Hell is too good for him.

lmbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

VideoKid posted:

I lived in a liberal bubble and we all thought that he was gonna actually do things his second term once he didn’t have to worry about an other election.

live and learn

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1783535386712510732

lmao

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Owned

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ah! well, nevertheless.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

He is so wise.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Who could have predicted that people who owe their position to the executive will always genuflect to the executive

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

His problem was caring too much.

More than two million Indians died in the first few months of Biden’s presidency, and it didn’t perturb him in the slightest.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

And he is *still* more empathic than Biden.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the loss of human life bothered him briefly, at least. biden never cared about a single other human beyond what use he could make of them. this includes his family, alive or dead. it's the difference between a bad person and a monster.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
very cool country. thanks genocide joe!

https://twitter.com/IUonStrike/status/1783620195581350102

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

The implications of this are highly troubling, but I bet it feels cool for that guy, especially if he is a gamer.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

cagliostr0 posted:

Who could have predicted that people who owe their position to the executive will always genuflect to the executive
We have to vote for the ancien regime, to stop fascism.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Trump has the same coping mechanism I have! Relatable. Feeling that thrill go up my leg!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KSBEChzpMM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol what is this from. Is there audio.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/Noshu4me/status/1783543657989087600

NoModsNoMasters69
May 17, 2023

what is this from?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 minutes!

Shear Modulus posted:

ah! well, nevertheless.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

In Training posted:

Lol what is this from. Is there audio.

Larry King 2004 Interview

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 minutes!
lmfao

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
things going very well

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1783856812053127239

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I wasn’t going to vote but now I’m gonna vote for trump

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
'swing' states

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

good laughter at the end of this one
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7356671841764789546

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

this but masks

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

young people love those old white blonde ladies

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Kamala's right

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

+15 in Michigan? I’m perfectly willing to believe Joe is blowing it but jumping jehosephat that is downright apocalyptic and I’m frankly a little skeptical

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ProperGanderPusher posted:

+15 in Michigan? I’m perfectly willing to believe Joe is blowing it but jumping jehosephat that is downright apocalyptic and I’m frankly a little skeptical

RV (registered voters) doesn't have the suppressed turnout modeling that Biden needs to win. Biden is relying on a bunch of Trump voters staying home for one reason or another.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I think Trump is the clear frontrunner (though there's a chance of anything happening because these, once again, are historically unliked individuals). That said, I think the poll is an outlier. The general trajectory for Biden isn't good regardless.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The truly apocalyptic polls will come next month. The Democrats are calling young liberals anti-semites while having them beaten, arrested, expelled, and fired.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trump outperformed polling in both 2016 and 2020.

Pollsters are fail, but lol that the Democrats are banking that this time the discrepancy will favor them.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

The truly apocalyptic polls will come next month. The Democrats are calling young liberals anti-semites while having them beaten, arrested, expelled, and fired.

They called Jewish Voices for Peace anti-semitic lmao

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I think it's reasonable to assume some percent of folks who didn't vote for Biden in the primary will come vote for him in November. What's not reasonable is assuming everyone will 'come home' in November no matter how much the dems tell them to eat poo poo in the months leading up to it.

They absolutely took the wrong lesson from 2020, that even promising to work against the left flank of the party and non-committed voters a historic number of people will come out against Trump.

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

maruhkati posted:

This election is honestly a generational bag-fumbling contest. By rights, Trump ought to be 10 points ahead (and a generic Democrat would be like 6 or 7 points ahead of Trump - honest to God, I think even Harris would be ahead by like 2 or 3 at this point). By rights, neither of these people should come even close to winning a Presidential election in 2024. I don't mean "should" in a moral sense, either - I mean this is not something that ought to be statistically possible. An incumbent this decrepit, incompetent, and universally disliked doesn't win re-election. An almost-equally-unpopular guy up on dozens of felony charges doesn't win an election. It's just not something that happens. But somehow, one of them is going to win, because each candidate is running as though they'll get the rights to draft Victor Wembanyama if they lose.

"I'm gonna run for a second term even though I gave my word that I wouldn't, then ban TikTok, do absolutely nothing to end a genocidal campaign that I could stop with a phone call, piss off all my core constituencies, and tell everybody who's mad about having to spend their whole paycheck on groceries that they're lying about the economy not being great!" vs. "We're going to argue in front of the Supreme Court that the President can kill whoever he wants if he can think of a good enough excuse for it, right after our appointed justices hear a case saying women who get pregnant don't, strictly speaking, have a constitutional right to be alive anymore." DeSantis made a half-assed attempt to sell America on "I'll be just like Trump, but not under dozens of felony indictments," but succeeded only in making America realize that he is the biggest loving dweeb in the world.

It'd be fantastic entertainment if I didn't have to actually live in the world that results from it.

They are the parties choices, we have no choice but to vote for worthless people.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

I think it's reasonable to assume some percent of folks who didn't vote for Biden in the primary will come vote for him in November. What's not reasonable is assuming everyone will 'come home' in November no matter how much the dems tell them to eat poo poo in the months leading up to it.

They absolutely took the wrong lesson from 2020, that even promising to work against the left flank of the party and non-committed voters a historic number of people will come out against Trump.

There's also some number who voted uncommitted in the primary who didn't vote for Biden last election, but idk what that number is. I'm part of that, here in MI, so there's at least one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

It will be interesting to see how this fucks with volunteer numbers. That dumb post earlier showing that he's "only" lost 6% of youth voters over Palestine had someone point out that losing all your door knockers would probably suck. Then a bunch of people were gloating in the comments that actually most GOTV people are middle-aged ladies so Biden will be fine if no young people volunteer and he definitely won't have to spend all the Lizzo fundraiser money paying for people to knock on doors (and pray that they don't just chill on a bench and say they did it).