Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao at that poll:

Q: Do you approve or disapprove of the job Joe Biden is doing as president? [And, would you say
you strongly approve/disapprove of the job he is doing or just approve/disapprove?]

Democrats: Strongly approve 35%, approve 49%, disapprove 8%, strongly disapprove 3%
Independents: Strongly approve 13%, approve 26%, disapprove 16%, strongly disapprove 36%
Republican: Strongly approve 1%, approve 5%, disapprove 10%, strongly disapprove 80%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

vyelkin posted:

lmao at that poll:

Q: Do you approve or disapprove of the job Joe Biden is doing as president? [And, would you say
you strongly approve/disapprove of the job he is doing or just approve/disapprove?]

Democrats: Strongly approve 35%, approve 49%, disapprove 8%, strongly disapprove 3%
Independents: Strongly approve 13%, approve 26%, disapprove 16%, strongly disapprove 36%
Republican: Strongly approve 1%, approve 5%, disapprove 10%, strongly disapprove 80%

bigger lmao at the NPR poll

not even the results, just the question

"In general, which party do you think is the bigger threat to democracy in the United States?"

democracy in the United States :cawg:

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

vyelkin posted:

wow i wonder why young voters might be fed up with both political parties, it is a big mystery

it must be because they want more joe manchin

It’s Putin’s fault

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Who was tweeting the other day about how boomers are incapable of understanding why nobody under 40 thinks that things can get better.

Yeah that's half of politics Twitter, it was last week and someone with a verified account otherwise I wouldn't even remember this much.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

I pray for the death of the demon rats. We should all be on board with this.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

a.p. dent posted:

has anyone done this: The Nastier Nate Silver

Yes. More then once

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

One More Fat Nerd posted:

The funniest option is absolutely for a combo of covid deaths and Trump "elections are fake!" based voter suppression to deliver extra seats to the dems, only for the public to find out the Democratic party has exactly as many Joes Manchin as are needed to ensure nothing good happens.

They had 60 democrats and still did this

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

nobody fuckin knows whats in it because all the media has been talking about for the past six months is that it's too dang expensive and that crazy wacky ocasio cortez wants a bunch of unrealistic hooey

this wouldn't be a problem if the dems had any PR strategy beyond just relying on the media to carry water for them

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

One More Fat Nerd posted:

The funniest option is absolutely for a combo of covid deaths and Trump "elections are fake!" based voter suppression to deliver extra seats to the dems, only for the public to find out the Democratic party has exactly as many Joes Manchin as are needed to ensure nothing good happens.
thank you for pluralizing 'Joe Manchin' correctly it's extremely annoying when people don't do that

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who would lose harder in 2024, Joe "nothing will fundamentally change" Biden or empty vessel Copmala Harris

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1451228049480065030?s=20

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think all the fixing in the world could get harris through the primary, even.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think all the fixing in the world could get harris through the primary, even.

if biden says he's leaving after one term and letting harris take over there would be just as much a primary as if biden himself decided to run for re-election

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

obama reaching for his cellphone for jeff bezos to send down primary-fixing asteroids from space

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

if biden says he's leaving after one term and letting harris take over there would be just as much a primary as if biden himself decided to run for re-election

nah, you'd have a few dipshits like Lamb or Ryan or Moulton get in and run as right wing spoilers but both the voters and the establishment would be fine with Harris, with the logic that even an unpopular VP is still the VP.

But yeah she'd lose to Trump or like anyone else lol

edit: oh I read your post wrong :q:

Ramrod Hotshot has issued a correction as of 09:03 on Nov 2, 2021

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

uh let me be clear, there's an asteroid just like the one that hit milwaukee, uh... for any state that wants to pass a law to ah... deny VP harris her rightful uh place in history

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

We live in hell world, so the dems will make very slight gains in 2022 that will vindicate their strategies while still leaving the dems in congress deadlocked against their own party. Everything will get worse but nobody will do anything

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nix Panicus posted:

We live in hell world, so the dems will make very slight gains in 2022 that will vindicate their strategies while still leaving the dems in congress deadlocked against their own party. Everything will get worse but nobody will do anything

losing a couple seats in the house so they have a majority of like two and gaining one senate seat so that manchin and sinema can still block literally everything

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
or even better, electing like five new democratic senators but then it turns out they're all clones of joe manchin, just an entire democratic senate caucus made up of coal barons who are very concerned about the nanny state

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

OK baizuo posted:

Who would lose harder in 2024, Joe "nothing will fundamentally change" Biden or empty vessel Copmala Harris

Copmala easily, young people would still hate her and all the olds would too

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Cap'n Chuck's "Oops! All Manchins" Senate majority

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Manchintum

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol if you tried to warn people to beware greeks baring gifts in 2020.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Lol if you tried to warn people to beware greeks baring gifts in 2020.

We just need to invite in more greeks. One of them will turn out to be on our side!

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

C-Euro posted:

I still think this is sort of on the table, but Trump needs elections to be real in order to win in 2024 and I don't think he's smart enough to sabotage the GOP in 2022 so that he can turn around and say "see? you NEED me" in 2024.

Trump doesn't need elections to be real in 2024 because by then the GOP will have captured enough state legislatures and election oversight positions to just decide that any Democratic wins are fraud and therefore the state gets to decide the winner (Trump).

2020 was the last real election this country will have.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Vernii posted:

2020 was the last real election this country will have.

lol

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

I pray for the death of the demon rats. We should all be on board with this.

listen fat, they're working on it but Joe is still on his first year

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

America, notorious for free and fair elections

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Forseti posted:

Copmala easily, young people would still hate her and all the olds would too

I hope she has to run in 24 so I can tell succdem shills I won't vote for a cop. Also she might lose so bad it puts the final nail into liberal idpol if we're lucky

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I still think its in the cards that they outright cancel the primaries to protect either Biden or Kopmala

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 384 days!

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

think of the fundraising potential tho

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

tenderjerk posted:

think of the fundraising potential tho

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

the democrats are going to get destroyed rich af in 2022 2023

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

although personally, as an idiot who gave away way too much loving money to democrats from 2017-2020: they're not getting any of my loving money

we'll see how that scales

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

like I think this year I gave $25 to one democrat because she called me and seemed nice. she asked for $250 tho which was not nice :thunk:

that's it that's my contributions to democrats this year and it's already way too loving much imo

I did tell her I'd have given more if she'd just run as a communist and that I hate the dems

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
as an idiot who gave away way too much loving money to democrats from 2017-2020, every single dem who contacts me is going to get a counteroffer to tongue my anus

i'll cover gas to my place but nothing else

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Feldegast42 posted:

I still think its in the cards that they outright cancel the primaries to protect either Biden or Kopmala

If Biden intends to run again they wont need to cancel the primaries, his support will shore up as soon as the opposition isn't "Generic Other Democrat". He'd probably also win re-election, cause America just loves incumbents.

Harris though... yeah, they'll rig it for her so hard 2016 and 2020 will look legit. Her vp would almost certainly be Mayor Pete, and they'd get flattened by probably any Republican.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Odds on the marriage fully dying before 2022? Or do you think they'll try to stretch it out so Pete doesn't run as a bachelor in 2024?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

what is dead may never die