Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

vyelkin posted:

if they get a veto-proof majority then that meant we get the chaos timeline where they appoint trump speaker and then impeach biden and harris

holy poo poo, this is the best possible future, pure thriller no filler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

one of the more hilarious ways this could play out is the khive going nuts if this happens and then turning against the dems like hillaryis44

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

2016: in november we will witness the death of the republican party!
2022: god please let us lose by enough to keep republicans from amending the constitution

great going guys!
what's that slogan that was used in 2016 that went "X means Y" or "X is Y" and it was about the changing composition of america meaning dems would win all the time
it got dropped after the latino vote for trump was higher in '20 than in '16 lol

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Kazzah posted:

"Demographics are destiny", that's the one

yes that's the one!
it turned very quickly into "latino males are hardwired for conservatism! crying_emoji", even here on SA someone ate a ban for that kind of talk.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

gay_crimes posted:

I 1000% hope it’s Hilary Clinton vs Trump in 2024

a close 2nd is kamala harris vs trump
seeing her get wrecked would be great

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

that white with college ain't gonna look so good in about 3 months lol

not necessarily, there was a poll that showed greater support for student loan forgiveness among those with no college than those with college
i mean there will definitely be a drop in support in that category, it just might not be catastrophic

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

ikanreed posted:

I Don't mean I want the Dems to win. I want them to be the kind of party that actually would

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

*dancing while singing in a mocking voice* build more schools, less jails! build more schools, less jails!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

LastInLine posted:

That's completely wrong. The 12th amendment says the VP cannot be someone ineligible for the presidency.

what about if the president and the veep resign at the same time and then the speaker of the house (trump) becomes president?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

prepare yourselves for this one, it's a doozy:

https://twitter.com/Mrs_Schwarzski/status/1475865081481211910

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

in a 100 years they'll still be going "this is the last election, for real this time"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

biden and the dems managed to blackpill mcmagic lol

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah true tho hedge's harrassment of them started years earlier over minor poo poo iirc

dig up

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Regarde is funny cause every time there's a cspam thread in qcs he's there to ask for deleting the subforum but you look at his post history and it's 90 pages of cspam posts

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

americans don't want to walk 500 feet to the store but sure they'll take long and difficult roads ahead instead of whatever flim flam the other party offers

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Nix Panicus posted:

I don't what would lead you to believe civil rights was the preferred concession and not calling out the national guard to fire indiscriminately into the crowd, with deputized white racists to make up the numbers.

We're all trained wrong, like Wimp Lo, into thinking protesting is this incredibly effective panacea for all political/societal ills when in fact it's more like whatever Steve Jobs did instead of going to chemotherapy like a normal person.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"democracy is on the ballot"
this democracy thing seems to be a very unstable form of rule if it's on the ballot every four years

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the right wing lunatics were right, obama really did destroy america
"how's that hopey changey stuff workin out for ya" is the quote of the century

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3dvbM6Pias

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

You'd think they'd put some effort into understanding Republican voters given their entire electoral strategy is this constant game of moving to the right in order to win over "moderate Republicans". The only conclusion I can come to is that they want to imagine that those mythical Republican swing voters are basically decent people (ie. like them) and that illusion disappears when you actually get to know them.

they want the besuited city slicker ghoul republicans, not the hicks

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

didn't Hillary have some comment about how she had won more than two thirds of the country when you counted it by income? like, actively bragging about being unable to convince poor people to vote for her

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2016/11/29/another-clinton-trump-divide-high-output-america-vs-low-output-america/

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

dr oz was the lesser evil candidate

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheEvanCarroll/status/1784621979741397002

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

i will never get tired of the zuck story where he asked xi jinping to name his child
complete weirdo

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

biden loses and runs again in 2028

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

i wonder what the "champ" lady's gonna do this year
if biden loses her he's done

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

a fatguy baldspot posted:

like she’s probably actually a bitch irl. but would rather that plus competence in our highest ruling echelon rather than the senile pedo or the senile racist

being competent at doing bad things is bad
ruining libya and the middle east is bad, doesn't matter if goofus or gallant does it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Inherited a pandemic and a vaccine, and yet still somehow managed to get more people killed in the same span of time as the last guy.

lol remember when joe or kamala said something like "if donald trump puts out this vaccine I'm not getting it, who knows what's in it"