Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

that technology was pushed/bribed etc by car insurance companies to be included

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

kaxman posted:

Oh wow the organizations that pay out after idiots drunk drive their cars into other people push for legislation to reduce the incidence of these expensive events

loving imagine that

hmm yes i bet this feature introduced by companies known for loving over people is to actually save lives

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

is the $400 just a tax refund per car?

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

this wont save the dems lol its happening under their watch and they wont do poo poo about it. this will however line their pockets as usual with their grifts for "save" abortion fundraising

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

knowing how incompetent and worthless these morons are this bill will definitely increase inflation

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

in this house we believe in millions dying of a disease that could of been prevented

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

I have a really hard time believing any of that decent interest stuff will last or even be applied, considering they are making everyone apply instead of doing it automatically just to add another pointless step to maybe weed out whoever they can, this was only done at last minute and forced because their terrified of the midterms, and as a cudgel.

if it does work then good at least they will get some relief.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

what the excuse for flint is it a baby-faced blue maga governor and insert all the other towns/cities with horrible water

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

why pay for good water when you can give the people cheap poison water

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Imagine shilling for a senile racist rapist

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

listen jack we have three senators voting against our agenda DONATE $69 to SAVE our nation

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Kazzah posted:

Strike’s off, some sort of agreement was reached. no-one’s reporting the actual terms yet, just that it was a “compromise”

theres no actual agreement the terms are garbage and the union still has to vote

edit: if the vote fails they strike is my assumption

HallelujahLee has issued a correction as of 13:08 on Sep 15, 2022

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the ultimate troll would be the railroad workers strike 2-3 days before the midterms

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

that’s the thing about these 2 week cooling off periods… 2 weeks from today means the workers can vote it down at the end of the month. then maybe another couple weeks of loving around and you’re looking at just a few weeks until the mid terms.

really until know it was difficult to see how the democrats would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but I think it’s starting to come together

i dont see them winning the house at all maybe 50-50 the senate

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

he has such abysmal polling numbers that 9% only gets him to like 44%

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah the 9% bump is entirely student loans, right, the instant he did literally anything he returned to baseline "one party likes everyone else hates" favorability

its probably a combo of loans gas prices going down(lol) as if he has any control over that. i think thats probably the max hes getting, inflation and everything else getting worse will probably drop it a few points before the midterms.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

On the topic of gas prices, they're already climbing here. I wonder if they're gonna be like covid and as long as the number is below the new peak nobody cares, or if people are gonna say "it costs over 20% more to fill up than it did 2 years ago" and be mad.
Normally the dem line is "the president doesn't control gas prices" but even Biden's team was crowing about gas prices just a month or so ago

i think people are aware gas is still way higher than before and yeah odds are they crow that its down 10% or whatever compared to last month.

edit: the loan thing is probably going to be a mess like everything the dems do that being said if the chuds find a way to stop it in the courts or prolong it people will be rightly pissed whether that translate to them blaming the chuds or dems no idea.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

inshallah

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

i just think the Dems are gonna do better in November compared to 2020 bc of Roe being overturned

i dont think abortion is going to save the dems op people care more about being able to eat and live somewhere rather than abortion rights, that isnt to say it might have some uptick in dem turn-out but that isnt the saving grace for them

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i dont think even the most pro dem turds think their keeping the house except maybe for the loser in this thread that carries water for them

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

You're a dumb piece of poo poo, I'm not carrying anyone's water. I just think the abortion issue is going to drive women to vote Dem like crazy.

sorry op your a dumb shitstain hope this helps

edit: lol at trying to carry water for biden of jackson mississippi

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yikes

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the de-scheduling thing is very very very vague and is literally "asking" for a review

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

also he kicked off a ton of eligible people right at the last second

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

that 22% have to be bots or the most insane shitlibs

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

once they lose the house he can change the tune to ill codify it soon as you deliver me 15 more house reps and insert senate reps

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yeah riots just like the last time liberals did something in the streets

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they want it to get struck down

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

the student loan forgiveness getting struck down was their ace in the hole for telling people to Vote! but the scotus is just going to wait until after the election to do it

pretty much they only need to wait like a week and a half

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

if they work that quick i guess but they only need to do like a temporary stop

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yeah you may want to check buchanon joe screwed like 4-5 million people out of forgiveness after the last second.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Basically confirms the anger over Roe being overturned has either passed or is less than anger over everything else in life getting more expensive

Or that people see the Dems won't do poo poo about it even if they get the magic number they say they want, which lol this one's completely true. Still shocked it faded as quick as the anger over Sandy Hook (2-3 whole months)

the economy getting worse and worse will always overtake any other anger

HallelujahLee has issued a correction as of 20:51 on Oct 20, 2022

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

not that they would be that smart but it can be that their wanting to wait till after midterms to axe it

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

HashtagGirlboss posted:

There’s also not really a ton to be gained ideologically out of spiking it other than spitting in Biden’s face. Maybe they’ll do it for that reason alone, but there are much bigger fish to fry on the conservative movement agenda and they may not care to bother one way or another with this one. Who knows

maybe i agree its not really a big deal for them their focused on more important poo poo like rigging elections permanently

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

if you give us another 50 house seats and 5 senate seats we will codify abortion in 2045

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

he could of easily won just by bribing the dumbos of the nation with another measly check

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

he tried but McConnell stopped it I thought.

i thought he vaguely mentioned it and it never got anywhere but your probably right

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

I don't think the gop actually want to dismantle medicaid now that joe leaned so heavily into privatizing it. Tho I'm sure libs will scold us about it in a few years and pretend the gop retroactively used their 2022-2028 majorities to make him do it in 2021.

yeah no need even lean on it medicare/medicaid are slowly being privatized anyway, i can see the usps getting privatized maybe

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-approval-dips-39-democrats-brace-midterms-reutersipsos-2022-10-25/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

They're getting Biden and Kopmala out to campaign for him lol :rip:

thats a auto loss for him then