Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
IMO the only way they merely get rolled instead of omega-rolled is if Trump tries to make 2022 about him, which fortunately the GOP is powerless to stop. Dems still gonna lose though and we'll be the ones to suffer the consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

One More Fat Nerd posted:

The funniest option is absolutely for a combo of covid deaths and Trump "elections are fake!" based voter suppression to deliver extra seats to the dems, only for the public to find out the Democratic party has exactly as many Joes Manchin as are needed to ensure nothing good happens.

I still think this is sort of on the table, but Trump needs elections to be real in order to win in 2024 and I don't think he's smart enough to sabotage the GOP in 2022 so that he can turn around and say "see? you NEED me" in 2024.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Who was tweeting the other day about how boomers are incapable of understanding why nobody under 40 thinks that things can get better.

Yeah that's half of politics Twitter, it was last week and someone with a verified account otherwise I wouldn't even remember this much.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

It really is wild how broadly popular these policies are, even across party lines, and yet our government can't/won't implement them. This is a badly broken institution.

E: a few days old, but this entire thread
https://twitter.com/Patrick_Wyman/status/1453468344942694403

C-Euro has issued a correction as of 21:35 on Nov 2, 2021

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Funniest/most galling Dem "loss" from the last couple of days IMO is India Walton losing the Buffalo mayoral race after the guy she beat in the primary got more votes than she did as a write-in . I've always said that US elections needs WWE-style "loser leaves town" rules and this just further advances my case.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

"Cucked" is one of those terms that's rapidly losing all meaning on the Internet, but I can't think of another term that so neatly encapsulates the present-day Dem mindset. I almost wish she and her colleagues knew how badly they've been out-played by the GOP and they're just playing dumb to save face, rather than them actually being this dumb and out of touch. But I know which is more likely.

E: Wild to me that Republicans moved on from Reagan more readily than Dems seem to have.

C-Euro has issued a correction as of 19:54 on May 10, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Nothus posted:

I remember reading a piece based on an in-depth interview with one of her former staffers a few years ago that perfectly illuminated the ruling philosophy of these morons. The basic idea was that the entire generation Democratic leaders that came of age during the Reagan years was so poisoned by the experience that their entire mindset is that all that the party can do is negotiate with conservatives and corporations to slow-down the erosion of the new deal/great society state. Slow-down, but never stop and never reverse, because corporate conservative victory is inevitable. Anyone who tries to fight back is quickly replaced with someone more compliant.

Was it this one? I don't think they interview any former Pelosi staffers but it has the same message as what you posted-
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2019/07/05/feature/haunted-by-the-reagan-era/

AOC's line about the GOP having been clowns for her entire life hits especially close to home for me, with the 2000 election being the first political event of my life where I kind of understood what was going on.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
A country with a healthy administrative state could have probably caught this baby formula mess a lot earlier and mitigated a whole bunch of harm, but no the prevailing political ideology of last 40+ years in America has been "actually it's bad when the government does stuff, unless it involves killing people" so welp

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Antonymous posted:

it is funny how much "make america great again" stumped the democrats

Twice! Trump stole it from Reagan lmao

Real talk my career goal is to get a policy job with the FDA or EPA, get invited to speak at a Congressional panel, and tell a sitting member of Congress (either directly or indirectly) to go gently caress themselves. Could be a Dem, could be a Chud, I don't much care.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

if you want to make a lib go all words.txt at you just say "I dunno after Operation Warp Speed and getting those checks out I feel like Trump would've gotten us some baby formula one way or another, even that guy would've known starving babies is bad."

It's because Trump wants to be liked, while Dems just want you to dislike somebody else more than you dislike them.

There are cults of personality today that have popped up around people like Hillary, Kamala, Mayor Pete etc. but they will never understand the enthusiasm for someone like Trump, no matter how hard they try.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

indigi posted:

it will be interesting to see how American nuns react to this. last time there was a big standoff over abortion (nuns were helping poor women get to Planned Parenthood - for contraception, prenatal care, and abortions, 2/3 of which are big no-no’s) the nuns got the bishops to back down when they threatened as a body to schism iirc

Would you say that they were having nun of the church's poo poo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Eric Adams is the closest thing the Dems have to Trump, in that both are extremely stupid guys with complete self-assurance in themselves. Also New York I guess. So maybe he's their best shot in 2024 :v:

Zoran posted:

tbf he actually did but the only discipline he’s interested in is making sure the party doesn’t become even remotely left-wing

The last time Obama used his clout for anything was to make sure LeBron and the rest of the NBA didn't go on strike in solidarity with the BLM protests in 2020 lol

I'm sure this has been written about by people much smarter than me, but Dems are destined to fail because they think the world is fine as-is and have no incentive to change it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

I think he buys a little too heavily into the "Donald the Dove" meme when you consider how badly Trump wanted to stir up poo poo while in office, but this is pretty spot on aside from that.