Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Kambungler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

StratGoatCom posted:

spiking food prices before a midterm is a recipe for disaster.

https://twitter.com/nmeyersohn/status/1463167461549879296

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

a coworker told me in 2020 that the dems acceptance of science would accelerate their demographic destiny as all the republicans died off or some such nonsense

I think he just popped positive a second time after a family vacation to Mexico lmao. thankfully he accepted the science and travelled internationally during a pandemic (safely).

I have family members like that. They'll talk about how bad it is and then immediately start posting instagram pics of bars and parties and then hop on a plane to Greece or Mexico for the weekend. If you bring it up, you get accused of being toxic to their mental well-being.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

there will be protests if '24 is stolen, which will be immediately condemned by democrats who don't want to appear to be doing a 1/6

the republican congress will still hold hearings on the "radical left insurrection" regardless

The liberal elite media will cheer it on until someone yells at McConnell at a restaurant, at which point they will condemn the protestors and say we need to move on.

Obama will beam down from planet billionaire to say we just need to vote harder next time.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

really am enjoying the libs and dems already gearing up to lose roe with "after lose everything the republicans will be so tired of winning...we'll have em right where we want 'em, heh heh :smug:"

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1060213035074183169?s=20

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Tom Smykowski posted:

I'm already hearing people say the Dems are gonna lose because they're too woke but when asked just how woke the Dems are, people just shrug because ??

Don't worry. After the dems get BTFO, blame will be placed on blm, young people, antifa, Bernie, and whatever conservatives are mad at that week.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Also loving lol at the national mainstream media smearing Larry Krasner this week.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Flesh Forge posted:

when you consider maybe their goal is not to win elections at all, but to maintain the status quo as "the other party" and allow no third competitors, it all makes a lot more sense.

It also serves the purpose of smothering and dissipating any public anger that manages to organize itself into a leftward movent.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Animal-Mother posted:

a lot of the replies are basically "So?" :allears:

I know. An country of boot licking kicked dogs.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

DoubleDonut posted:

have any democrats proposed any kind of action or legislation that might prevent things like, I don't know, amazon warehouses collapsing and killing dozens of people being forced to work during a loving SimCity disaster

Thoughts and prayers, but only if you qualify according to this algorithm.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1471195557406609409?s=20

loving lol. The dems might not even exist as a party after this.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Noob Saibot posted:

Like I’ve said before we have vaccines, boosters, treatments, even pills for Covid. People even in liberal California continue walking around without masks like the old days despite new mask mandate and cases have not gone up significantly. Based on Omicron the virus seems to be getting weaker. In America we are now post-pandemic and the remaining people need to get vaccinated and get back in line. The government aid pigout is over.

Lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mike the TV posted:

Can't wait to buy an EV and have the next administration rip out every public charger in the country in 3 years

They won't rip them out, but they will sell give them to a private operator.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Business Gorillas posted:

my state put a tax on electric vehicles so now you're actively punished by the state if you have one. glad i can have a charging station though

Paying your fair share of road and bridge maintenance is punishment?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Business Gorillas posted:

No it's specifically a punitive tax to dissuade people from buying electric vehicles. Like that's the stated intent of the drafters lol

What the gently caress.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Buck Wildman posted:

the more of them that lose to cletus truckfucker who ran on a budget of $9 and a box of dunkin donuts the better imo

America deserves the dude who horny replies the local weather forcaster.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lol at the dems

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

LastInLine posted:

What more does liberalism have to accomplish? We live in a unipolar wholly neoliberal world, their project is complete. Liberals only have to defend the status quo, they have nothing left to build.

This is true, but liberalism serves as capitals immune system against leftist movement forming out of the immiseration

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Griz posted:

the weirdos in dallas who spent a month waiting for jfk jr are now drinking bleach out of a communal ritual bowl
https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/dallas-qanon-cult-members-are-drinking-toxic-chemicals-en-masse-13038506

What if Jim Jones but somehow stupider.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
"A strategy of retreat" has been the democratic party playbook since Reagan.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

A Buttery Pastry posted:

A strategy leading to defeat is one thing. Shifting your focus from "inevitable final triumph due to demographics" to "inevitable defeat due to irrational voters who don't realize that they're supposed to vote for the good guys" is something quite different. I mean, in both cases the thing they're actively doing is not doing anything for the people they want to get votes from, in one case they just assume the votes will keep coming, in the other they realize they won't.

It's not so much that voters won't vote for the good guys, it's the ethos that democratic values are inherently in the minority, so fighting for (or even promising) expansion is pointless and all you can do is try to hold on to the status quo as long as possible before the inevitable defeat.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Isn't that why all the nevertrump ghouls are democrats now?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Fame Douglas posted:

It's great that no one is even talking about standing for something or going into politics because you want to move the country ahead: The only winning move is apparently constantly looking at polling numbers and never advocating for anything that isn't backed by polling numbers. Maybe people would be more willing to vote for a party that has some actual values and convictions? And maybe advocating and explaining good policies would move polling numbers in their favor?

They don't even do that when the poll numbers show inconvenient things, like support for socialized healthcare.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Cannibal Llama posted:

What the gently caress is this

To beat the nazis you have to become the nazis?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I don't think anyone here is under the delusion that the dems getting wiped will result in any change aside from the continued deterioration of life in America.

It will be cathartic though. Lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

I hope they loving do it

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
lol that the dems think anyone outside of brain damaged msnbc viewers gives the slightest poo poo about 1/6 with everything else going on right now.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I used to be open to the possibility that covid would kill enough anti-vax republicans that the dems may squeak out a draw, but now it's clear that both sides equally lust for death and the dems are doomed anyway.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Minecraft Holmes posted:

Didn't they just rename a branch of the air force and otherwise change nothing except the uniforms

They didn't even change the uniforms much.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

This is how the landlord is going to wriggle out of the lawsuits and lmfao that Adams immediately jumps to push their narrative.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the landlord is the mayor's personal friend and a campaign contributor

For real? Lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Trump is a dumbfuck but there's no way a president Hillary would have made operation warp speed happen. The dems would have talked themselves out of developing vaccines.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Minecraft Holmes posted:

Why do so many people get everything about "toe the line" wrong

The idiom isn't about towing a trailer or a barge, don't these people ostensibly write for a living

Political hacks are poo poo stupid and nobody has copyeditors anymore.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
America deserves President Sinema.

You worms get nothing, I'm late for my winetasting class.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Actually watching all the Twitter blue checks have to pull a 180 and go full adoration and apologetics of First Woman President Kyrsten Sinema would be dark comedy of the highest order.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Fame Douglas posted:

She has absolutely no chance of ever becoming President because she comes across as being annoying. It's as simple as that.

Don't tell her that. I want to watch her eat poo poo on live TV in the primaries.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lol wow the benghazi hearings really did mortally wound her presidential campaign

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ex post facho posted:

he'll be able to work across the aisle!!

*secures 0 Republican Senate votes and loses 2 Democrat votes*

lol

We've got to gently caress over Bernie and vote for this dying piece of poo poo because he can get Republicans on board lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mind_Taker posted:

https://twitter.com/polltrackerusa/status/1484234913792643078?s=21

538 gives them an A- rating as a pollster with only a +1.3 R bent.

god drat the democrats are going to get destroyed, absolutely wrecked, thoroughly obliterated in 2022

Lol at the cope in the replies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord