Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

dumbocrats lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Forseti posted:

Find it real hard to believe that 30% of Americans know anything about what's in it

28% of that are ones who didn't know it existed

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Edit: Deleted but heres a screencap

Jabberlock has issued a correction as of 04:54 on Nov 3, 2021

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Horseshoe theory posted:

American Progressives are progressive in the same way the Progressive Conservative Party was.

American progressives are the progressive rock of rock.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Feldegast42 posted:

Its "pro-genocide but incompetent" versus "publicly anti-genocide but masters at making sure the trains to Dachau run on time"

That's called a "focus on infrastructure".

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

the democrats are going to be defunct by 2026

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

If by "The Capitol" you mean "Applebee's" then yes

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

And if by "broken campaign promises" you mean "diarrhea-inducing food" then also yes

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

this might be a controversial opinion but, the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Carter/Dukakis

We need people with proven experience!

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

vyelkin posted:

and yes i am aware that the dems dont actually have convictions that strong but thats the quote so i went with it anyway

"You can say what you want I won't get in your way"

edit: tbf, they are defending it to the death via getting destroyed in 2022

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

the ukraine is going to get destroyed in 2022

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

ProperGanderPusher posted:

A friend of mine calls himself an Eisenhower Republican and really likes Biden. His litmus test for whether or not he likes politicians is how dignified they appear and how much they respect norms and decorum. He insists on holding the Republican label in spite of despising almost all of the modern GOP because he’s from the Great Plains and considers it a key part of his regional identity.

He can’t be the only one.

The southern democrats had their identity so wrapped up with the party that they were part of the new deal coalition until they were reminded that ideologically they don't align with northern democrats at all. I think that regionalist view of party politics still exists in a surprising number of places

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Democrats are going to get schlonged in 2022

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

i will move to a place without racism.
i will move to denmark, a nation that has never been touched by rising right wing fascism
in europe, a continent untroubled by rising right wing fascism

Hey, I read there was an alternative suggestion to move to Poland, a nation that has never been touched by rising right wing fascism.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

what does "has the gender" mean can someone help me out here

only people without gender can move to china

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Venomous posted:

greetings from the UK, where our equivalent to the Democrats are going to get even more destroyed over the next two years

Are the Lib Dems really doing that bad?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

ex post facho posted:

https://twitter.com/jasonintrator/s...ingawful.com%2F

*listlessly* oh no, the democrats should maybe do something about this, etc.

Dems eager to get in on that one-party state pie through successful pandering and staying out of the way

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Best Friends posted:

they also think that giving people things they want is “authoritarianism.” it’s basically exactly like how libertarians want a monarchy that doesn’t do anything, because the government doing anything is the greater tyranny

the only thing they want to fund is cops, the opposite of an authoritarian state

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Stereotype posted:

people really don't like it when i inform them, correctly, that america is not a democracy. your vote doesn't matter. the results of whatever legislative election you vote in are pre-determined by a computer algorithm ran by the most ghoulish people you can imagine to ensure that district boundaries result in a republican controlled legislature. your district is either a landslide for democrats or it is an assured victory for republicans. the supreme court has already ruled several times that this, while maybe not technically ideal, is impossible to prevent in any way. we live in a brutal theocracy dominated by a fringe minority of extremists and the party of the majority is nothing but feckless pathetic corporate stooges who couldn't care less about anything other than their own re-election, which is actually greatly enhanced due to these completely undemocratically drawn maps.

there is no solution to it.

What are you going to do about it, not vote?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

try spending less on healthcare and education

yes

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

orange man bad

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Leftist memes be like

Stereotype posted:

everything is terrible. deeply foundationally awful. everyone is miserable and a good half the nation believes that they will die young and impoverished and alone after toiling miserably for a few decades, while the other half froths with rage and fear at things they don't understand and have been tricked into believing are threats despite being purely fictional. the planet is dying and millions lay dead from a plague that we are deliberately ignoring and continues to get worse while rich out of touch senile geriatrics further cement a tyrannical oligarchy. the only response from democrats is to weep big soggy tears that a coal baron from the most backwards and stupid state that they agressively helped elect is keeping them from making anything better as the demented democratic president gleefully announces that we no longer help americans who are starving so that we can fight a proxy war with a nuclear power.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

lmao just get a single tear in there like

Since the original was a white person pretending to be a native american, the updated version should be elizabeth warren

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this is anti-italian discrimination

Sorry, since the original was an Italian pretending to be a native american, the updated version should be a plate of spaghetti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

ikanreed posted:

Weird! Congress sure said they weren't doing poo poo

No they didn't, they said you would have to vote for them again just to be absolutely sure before they'd make a decision