Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
lets go brandon

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
if ur willing to move just salt somewhere so we can have unions strong enough to dictate terms to congress regardless of who is in office

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Also somebody recently said carpetbagger is a racial slur but I can’t remember if it was Twitter or d&d

I'll take people who aren't real for $1,000 please

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
2022 content dropped early this year. thank u, collapsing supply chain santa!!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
when lenin was talking about revolutionary defeatism I think he meant the democrats. homeboy knew

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Question about the aftermath of the upcoming bloodbath: what's in it for the losers who are junior status from unimportant areas*? Like, the senior officials who get voted out will still have a comfy place in the greater apparatus or private industry, those with sufficient idpol can run the television circuit scolding leftists and anyone who made a sufficient splash in the media, however unearned, can run/grift again at their leisure.

But what about the truly empty suits, the sacrificial lambs allowed to run for poo poo seats and otherwise ignored? Obviously no one allowed to sniff higher office has any intention of actually governing, so why did they bother? Do they just get absorbed back into the machine and live out their lives as obscure advisors? Do they actually think Pelosi et al will one day cede the throne to the hardworking grunts?

e: *unimportant to the beltway dems, not unimportant in the "rural folk are a drain on us" lib sense

I would file this under whomst among us giveth one single shyte about these class quisling call ups

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
who?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
we need a cspam office pool for what high crimes and missy misdemeanors sleepy joe gets impeached for

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Zokari posted:

i would like to put every dollar i have ever made and will ever make on "2020 election fraud"

I was thinking Afghanistan but your idea is dumber so I’ll switch my bet to that

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
it’s like that cardasian show trial episode of ds9, the verdict is always known but it’s about the pageantry!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

trick question, the progressives suck poo poo too

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

tenderjerk posted:

our president

nope!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
this is going to be the most important election of our lifetimes

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

CaptainACAB posted:

Yes it will also be the last because democrats will lose as hard as is possible and then the GOP will just outlaw the Dems.

donate now to save democracy

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Loucks posted:

Biden can't wait to veto that.

it’s time to admit joe biden is an extraordinary politician

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I can’t even imagine the liberal psychosis that is coming in 2022 but I know it’s going to be hilarious

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

lol

lamo

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

etalian posted:

Also the new Foundation TV series stinks

no vaguely materialist philosophy can pass that close the capitalist singularity that is apple and emerge intact, that’s just basic relativity

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

gay_crimes posted:

We will not win until it’s 100/0, and even then, they need to be the right Democrats

unanimous consent is difficult, but it would be racist, misogynistic, ableist, and above all gauche to settle for less

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

ELTON JOHN posted:

no it's literally stuff like refugee/asylum seeker reception and integration programs getting gutted and people getting thrown onto the street or into the camps

bidens_border_patrol_on_horseback.jpg

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
do not cum

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

ELTON JOHN posted:

like drat i didnt even say to vote. i just said dont celebrate election results because theyre always terrible

it’s cool dawg we all know what unchecked republican rule means, we’re not lusting for it and the suffering it portends we’re laffing at its historical inevitability and the inability of the libs to see it coming.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
yeah OK baizuo I think you need to rewatch that Picard clip on liberals

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
the party of game theory

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Trabisnikof posted:

please mods close this thread, because 2022 is about saving democracy and by being a thread for sad doombrained losers to cheer on people not voting this thread is doing real material harm to minorities and the lbgtq community.

not enough paragraphs, not smug enough, not in qcs

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Smythe posted:

who was the big boss of the clinton branch? i would assume bill since he was the pres and also an insanely competent / ruthless neoliberal world breaker. is this true? or are there other.. illuminati ppl... its interesting to me!! who is the puppetmaster........ ....... :ninja:

I once asked this question as was told arkansas, waltons, etc

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

etalian posted:

just make screwdrivers at home is really that hard?

brunch is a scene where monied people
go to hook up with other day drinkers silly

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Alec Eiffel posted:

Serious question: why don’t the Democrats run on a popular platform that will better the lives of millions of Americans and then execute their platform once in office? It seems pretty simple. In fact, it might be a part of the basic job description of a politician. Anyway, that’s what I would do.

same reason your boss doesn’t do that poo poo

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I hope they run Hillary again. and I hope trump beats her again

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
lol rip

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Tbh resuming student loan payments is one of the most direct, personal, and lovely things a politician has ever done to me. Most bad policies have effects at the structural level, but this is literally sending me a monthly bill for 10% of my income.

don't pay it dawg

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

dunno this guy's bona fides but the info he pulls on the bubble popping sometime soon seems pretty solid.

https://medium.com/predict/sorry-but-the-mother-of-all-crashes-is-coming-and-it-wont-be-fun-beaa2bc9f96a

the only thing that would be funnier would be sleepy joe also tanking the economy guaranteeing a Mondale-level wipeout

come to the doomsday econ thread, every indicator is hosed and trending toward crisis

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
hope and change baby

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
jerome powel is still head of the federal reserve, crypto is the defacto deregulation of the finance industry, and democrats will never fail to perform their one remaining act of political economy: passing war budgets. the parties only matter insofar as the ratings drop and people start imagining non-electoral solutions to their immiseration or someone with ambition tries to become the first american emperor

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
love it or leave it, buddy

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Crowsbeak posted:

They don’t do as well when Imperialism becomes more overt as it tends to close doors to finance. Also on the matter of America turning into a one party state. Attempting one party states in nations with a tradition of regular voting (even if one considers that since the late 50s the options have been intentionally limited at the state level) is much more difficult then say in nations where there is a tradition of overt authoritarianism by bourgeois or even aristocratic interests. It is easy for Bolsonaro to advocate dictatorship because plenty of Brazilians actually lived in such a state. India BJP can be authoritarian as many remember Indira, Turkey? Erdogan can criminalise the opposition do to that being a tradition in the last 100 years. In the USA the idea of being able to vote if the guys in charge are being poo poo is sacrosanct for most Americans.

Yeah they might not consider that perhaps the parties should represent the actual interests of the people. But going full on Authoritarian would be out of the question. Is it possible for GOP dominance? Yes. But unless they deliver in a way that keeps a large minority (45%) happy at least that is unlikely to happen. If they tried to bring back Fordism which also favored those currently with property and used traditional trucks of disenfranchisement while backing expanded cTC, maybe also give out a extended tax credit to make getting mortgages easier I could see that. But no that’s not how they or their paymasters think. Carlson and Bannon don’t call the shots. It’s an oligarchy of rich jackoffs like the founder of Menards, The Koch network, various oil lobby owners, and other manufacturing owners who see workers as cogs who can be easily replaced despite all the data showing that’s no longer the case. They see quarterly profits declining and expect handouts and if necessary wars to expand possible areas of profits. As well as to assuage their spiritual egos where they see Iran as an enemy to Israel. GOP likely gets four years of dominance before new parties come to the scene. The goal is of course to ensue one of those parties is a ml influenced party and if were truly looking at a system collapse. It’s ready to seize power entirely.

they don’t call them red states for their sterling commitment to democracy

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

DoubleDonut posted:

i hate it here

claims that biden has not followed through with his promises on domestic spending fail to consider he is only one year into his term as presinald. we rate this claim 14 pinnochets

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
it’s the year of the jeb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Orbis Tertius posted:

the CDC / Delta thing utterly broke my parents brains, apparently. Biden administration is being “criminally negligent”.

disconnect between the “it’s mild” messaging (initially accepted) and reality, particularly what’s going on with to hospitals, was also a big thing. “if it’s not dangerous then why are so many people going to the hospital? you can’t call that mild”

unvaccinated getting the worst of it didn’t seem to matter, “so many people getting sick at once is dangerous for everyone” “people don’t listen to details, they’re just going to hear that it’s safe now and that’s irresponsible”

“joe Biden is still the president for unvaccinated people whether he likes it or not” lmao

very doubtful this is gonna stick and actually change how/if they vote. my parent’s fervently believe it’s a moral obligation to vote dem. on the other hand, this disillusionment comes on the cusp of a pandemic wave that’s going to just relentlessly reaffirm the doubts they’re having now.

I don’t think there is a future in this country for a party that makes Boomer’s afraid and uncertain that things are under control . Democrat incompetence causing legit feelings of fear is basically the only thing I can think of that could possibly break the stranglehold ‘blue no matter who’ has on my parents brains. if the choice in the ballot box is between someone you hate and someone who you’re afraid will get you killed, you don’t vote.

just an anecdote, but it makes me feel like “getting destroyed” will be laughably inadequate to describe what’s going to happen to the Democrats in 2022.

think of the democratic party as any other modern business, in that it uses state of the art management practices to manage its supply chain. instead of just in time inventory, it relies on predictive models to do the minimum work necessary to win elections. namely, technocratic adjustments to the apparatus of state to court constituencies like college educated millennial soccer moms in purple state suburbs. as the last year indicates, it doesn’t take much of a disruption to cause a series of cascading breakdowns. it only takes a little slippage around the margins for the democrats to get destroyed in 2022