Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm tired and not feeling too hot, think I'm catching the kid's cold. could someone sum up succinctly the results of the gubernatorial, house and senate races and what those results imply for unionization efforts and weed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
so, like, exactly nothing has changed then except michigan is getting better?

while not what I would really have liked, I think this can be considered a triumph for democracy

e: wasn't this how the midterms during obama's first term played out? except the michigan part

we are going to have 2 term joe and a cadaver impeachment

The Voice of Labor has issued a correction as of 02:35 on Nov 10, 2022

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

alarumklok posted:

your graphs only show 2020, the year cops were briefly on the defensive and trying to justify their stupid loving existence, and the data you pulled is literally sourced from their stupid loving mouths. you are a stupid loving moron

tbf, where do crime stats come from other than cops?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Private Cumshoe posted:

I voted early because I still can and I'm a loving sucker for voting lol

I like to get an early start because there are just so many ballots I need to hand out to illegal immigrants

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

atelier morgan posted:

i was of the opinion that the democrats would be destroyed because they're a comical collection of incompetents

if that's a metric for failure, cspam would've closed at midnight ages ago

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
fuhrer herschel walker will be a sight to behold

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Relevant Tangent posted:

Hillary vanished into the woods November 9th 2016 and never having to give a poo poo about her again was one of the few bright spots of Trump's presidency.

rainy clothnill, moderate democrat presidential candidate 2024

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
the predictive power of economic systems is a bunch of formulas determining what output you get when given whatever set of variables. marx is no different except the formulas mirror reality. you can calculate how much time is stolen by your boss in a day and you can make good predictions about how much more of your time will be stolen by your boss if the efficiency of job increases, but it's not going to, like, tell you that you should buy bitcoin in 2013 or that the people will rise on october 23rd 2036

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Halloween Jack posted:

He also couldn't predict how telecommunications gave the ruling class the power to surveil and propagandize the masses closely and constantly. That was his biggest failing, and by failing I mean the inability to perfectly envision and predict every meaningful event in the future.

he drew a really clear link between increased efficiency in communication, rail lines and telegraph, and increased effeciency in production. he nailed that telecom would make goods cheaper and shorten the hours of work neccessary to reproduce labor, though he lacked the data points to make a formula out of it. but he definitely laid out what its benefits are and how those benefits could placate labor.

why is the frame in this thread that marxism somehow failed or is wrong? 50% of the world was communist within living memory, latin america's gonna be red p' soon, china's the most powerful country on the planet and vietnam and cuba have proven themselves invincible against overwhelming odds.

communism is down one game in a best of seven championship run and all of capitalism's star players are on injured reserve

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Zodium posted:

I don't have the wherewithal to respond properly today, but just to be clear, I wasn't trying to set that frame at all, I was only talking about the western marxism I have been exposed to and my personal struggle to make predictions with it. :3:

I wasn't really addressing you specifically. but if the length of the working day in prosperous countries is now 8 hours instead of 12 hours and literacy rates and life expectancy and general quality of life stuff is exponentially better than it was 150 years ago and the main motive force behind those improvements is communism, it's weird to me that people want to say "marx underestimated the amount of poo poo people are willing to eat before they fight back"

as far as predicitve powers, if you take a quarterly earning and expense statement from a corporation and plug those numbers into a surplus labor formula, it will tell you down to a second how much time the employees of that company spend working for themselves and how much time they spend working for the man. that's a hidden fact of the world made visible by the application of reason. it's the same as taking a gravitational formula, plugging in masses and distances and having the end result match up with obsereved orbital eccentricities. in the later case the hypothesized invisible force, gravity, is revealed, in the former, the hypothesized invisible force, capiltalistic vampirism, is revealed. predicitve power doesn't really seem like the right term to apply to the process, but in both cases you're doing the same thing

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

MLSM posted:

why is Latin America going red soon? seems like every time they do some death squads show up to crush it

the paper tiger gets a little soggier every day. 40 years ago 'merica couldn't put down vietnam, now it can't even coup venezuela

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Lib and let die posted:

Why he's not being relentlessly chainprobed for it is beyond my understanding

the much better answer is to just allowed mods to be put on the ignore list. no reason to give potential idiots power over who posts, much better to have individual control over who gets to make posts you have to read

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

making mods able to give 6ers forum wide

there's the stumbling block. that's such a terrible idea even god and nature will conspire to prevent it from being realized

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Better than the unilateral strongarm US policy (as described so eloquently by kamala)

I hate that I got that joke

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
the republican party is big into edging and dems can only get off by loosing. so by not allowing them the release of a big loose, the republicans won

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
fools. the democrats are stronger than ever. soon they will outlaw guns and strikes and they will become unstoppable

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
joey b will support whatever the gently caress moloch tells him to if he knows what's good for him

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
nationalize the railroads

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
were I running for a senate seat I would fund raise exactly enough money to hire weird al to endorse me and spread my praises

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
there will be only stagnation. biden will win reelection, there will be another white trash pout session storming of the capital, there will be war famine fire floods and disease and the dollar in your pocket will take you longer to earn and be worth less.

president xi will not save you, trump will not save you

only afroman has the power to break the cycle

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
her progressive challenger will turn out to be a sex pest

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

HallelujahLee posted:

lets keep this thread hidden or were going to invoke the curse

praise allah

mods rename thread carter death watch

tia

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

what cracks me up about this is how vastly overrepresented asians are in the american higher education system

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Personally I don’t spend a lot of time worrying about how many people with Asian ethnic heritage are in the education system, but that’s just me

you worry about how many black people are in prison?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
would that have some bearing on the fact that college admissions way disproportionately over represent asian people, presummably as a result of affirmative action laws? or that there's a photo of some astroturfed group of pressumably asian people protesting that affirmative action laws have harmed them?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

30.5 Days posted:

Asians are overrrepresented in higher education because asians perform disproportionately well on the acceptance criteria of higher education. This is why asian groups have been used as stalking horses to dismantle affirmative action: asian acceptance rates are suppressed by both affirmative action and things like legacy admissions that preference white people.

the other side of that is without affirmative action, all admissions would be of the white people preferencing legacy variety

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
israel, having genocided and settled gaza now sets its sights on an even more west bank, the continental united states. biden gets coup'd, madonna is appointed as interim colonial manager

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
enough of the votes in michigan have been counted that we feel comfortable calling the 2024 presidential election for a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
trump refuse to concede, demands a recount

satan, laughing, spreads his wings

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
biden's gonna win. this time he will actually cheat

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
jeb! is old hat. it's time for mike!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
funnier still is that they will be replaced by members of the even harderline progenocide party

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
forget it jake, it's nazitown

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm barack and huge
barack and huge
all the women hate me in the polling booth

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I know something fascistic or genocidalesque can be punned out of mother loving robinnette but I cannot come up with anything

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
your mom never called you by your full name when she was mad at you?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ex post facho posted:

no i don't remember my mom died in a car crash in 1972 when i was 3

tell your dad to tell israel to stop bombing palestine

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
tbf phylactery science has made great strides in the last century

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
the matrix of leadership will open during the twatobots darkest hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

polls are worthless but these still made me lmbo

31 points from black voters :popeye:

what's the +11 dem for rural voters? dipshit computertouchers taking work from home gigs and gentrifying my backyard?