Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Are the republicans gonna be able to call a constitutional convention after 2022? I’m not tuned in enough on statehouses to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ex post facho posted:

lame duck dementia Biden for 2 years tearfully vetoing republican lege while the crazy spins up is gonna be a helluva ride

Why would he veto policies he favors? Besides, he’ll want to show that he doesn’t hold them constantly impeaching him against them.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
lmao

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1455940313340682240?s=21

Do you think that they’ll just add a bunch of new amendments at the constitutional convention of 2025, or start or with a totally new constitution?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
it’s 2/3 of state legislatures to call a convention and 3/4 to approve the changes, right? So 34 to call it and 38 to ratify?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kaxman posted:

Seems it would be loving easy to have an override button that you could use in a genuine emergency and justify said use after the fact. Seems like a really loving obvious situation you could design around.

Seems like a really stupid feature that no one wants that is going to be trivially easy for anyone to campaign against and even if is never implemented will be pointed to as an example of stupid poo poo being done at the behest of lobbyists with no consideration for real world impacts.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I thought Harris dropped because she was polling in third or fourth place in her home state and didn’t want to end up getting shellacked in California.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The SALT repeal was so transparently stupid that I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it ends up being a major point for republican attack ads next year, this one is just the start.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Laterite posted:

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

vyelkin posted:

if they get a veto-proof majority then that meant we get the chaos timeline where they appoint trump speaker and then impeach biden and harris

There aren’t enough competitive senate seats in 2022 for that, I don’t think. They’re definitely gonna impeach Biden immediately after taking the House though. Only question is whether they just take the vote as their first action or do a long drawn out Bhegahzi-sequence show trial first.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BUSH 2112 posted:

i'd honestly love to see anyone with any strategy at all unfuck Ohio. as far as i can see this state has been moved into the deep red column, it keeps getting dumber and dumber every day, and i'm glad i'm getting the gently caress out of here in a week. i never thought i'd live in any other state because i've been here my whole life, but now i really doubt that i'm ever coming back for any extended period of time

it really sucks because Ohio has a shitload of potential but it's just being absolutely crushed out, and the things that were going well are just being swallowed up by people electing the most vile and/or incompetent chud assholes who then ruin them. it really pisses me the gently caress off, but i don't see there being any kind of useful opposition to it

That’s happening in basically every state that was a swing state a decade ago. The entire Midwest is going bonkers. I don’t even recognize the Iowa I live in now compared to a decade ago.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Vomik posted:

the democrats are a more embedded version of the Lincoln project I’m not sure why anyone thinks dems want to pass voting rights bill or any voting rights bill proposed by them would actually improve “voting rights” (the most useless right)

The democrats have two primary messages:
  • The Republican Party is a fundamental threat to democracy
  • We love bipartisanship, working with republicans, and a strong Republican Party.

And they wonder why they keep losing voters

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Democratic primary voters have been trained wrong, as a joke.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

tiberion02 posted:

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022
the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2024
the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2026
the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2028

Bold of you to assume there will be elections in 2026 and 2028.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

gay_crimes posted:

the Democrats winning is also not a good thing. and it is not a funny thing

The democrats losing is good and funny but the republicans winning is bad and not funny so many sides. kinda sucks living through interesting times.

The democrats are gonna get destroyed in 2022.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Veep was a documentary, apparently.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The democrats are going to get hammered in 2022.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

i say swears online posted:

lol unironically ask trump and pete about david byrne and see who gives a better answer

Wait, what did David Byrne do other than wear a giant novelty suit that I need to be aware of?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LastInLine posted:

Serious question, I'm in a deep red state and while this sort of Romney 2012 republican was common up to 2018 or so, they pretty much went extinct in the run up to the election and I've heard nothing from them since. Has anyone spotted one in the Biden era?

Yes, Joe Biden.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

petit choux posted:

Can you trade in futures for this kind of thing? Like you know they're going to do it, pretty easy to project what they may make, arbitrage future income against current? I mean I know it's not sportsball but still.

I don’t think predictit does options but you can definitely make bets about it, either directly or via a proxy bet.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

smug jeebus posted:

Can we speed this election up? I'm tired of waiting for the Democrats to get destroyed

We still have 11 more months of bumbling non governance and right wing terrorism before people get to vote. There’s way lower lows for us to get to first.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

etalian posted:

It's a crime that the upper management of failed CSA wasn't executed after the war.

We had to look forward, not backward.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I don’t get why they don’t just split the difference and reduce interest to zero. That helps borrowers immensely and undercuts any moral hazard arguments against outright forgiveness.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

tangy yet delightful posted:

https://tippinsights.com/i-i-tipp-poll-stunner-just-22-of-americans-want-joe-biden-to-run-for-president-again/

Not that I expect this person to run but if you were to ctrl+f the article and poll for Sanders it would never show up.

lmao at the bench being so thin they just toss the lip gloss Kennedy out there because he’s one of the designated torch bearers even though no one actually likes him.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

like people joke about here and there but the Republican Party will absolutely have the numbers to do a constitutional convention in the 5-7 years? and literally do whatever the gently caress they want?

They need 34 states to call a convention (2/3) and 38 (3/4)to ratify amendments coming out of said convention, I believe.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mind_Taker posted:

dems ain’t winning the popular vote in 2024

A very Democratic Party move would be for them to realize they are going to get blown the gently caress out in 2024 and respond by devoting 90% of their resources to get out the vote efforts in New York and California to try and salvage the meaningless popular vote.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DoubleDonut posted:

Chuck Schumer, the guy who asks an imaginary white conservative family who lives in his head for advice whenever he makes a decision, has been publicly begging Joe Biden to do something about student loans

Chuck loving Schumer thinks Joe Biden should do something, that's how bad the party is right now

I figured he is just doing stuff like that to do the bare minimum needed to prevent AOC from running against him next time he’s up for re-election. Joke’s on him because she’s been fully captured by the party apparatus and never would threaten a party elder anymore but that’s for a different thread.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

RC Cola posted:

Nah that can go here too

Kinda but I skip the succ zone for a reason, because it succs when there isn’t an active election going and is obsessed with unsourced quotes, and I like this being a thread to make fun of democrats without being the succ zone.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

etalian posted:

I'm guessing it will be the alt Right Qanon types for most states.

Most of the RINO / GOP old guard wiped out as a result of Trump's shift of the GOP over the last 4 years.

If local school board elections in 2021 are any indication 2022 is going to be all Qanon people and ultra-evangelical culture war freaks with very strong opinions about CRT.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ardennes posted:

They would also have to let him tweet if he was speaker of the house.

What’s the lowest level of government where they’d have to let him tweet? Because there are a bunch of places that would make him mayor in a heartbeat.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The democrats are going to be destroyed in 2022.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

petit choux posted:

To rise again like the phoenix of lameness

Probably, I remember not even 20 years ago when the republicans were supposed to have been reduced to being a permanent rump party that only could win elections in rural parts of the Deep South.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fame Douglas posted:

The US electoral system being undemocratic garbage doesn't mean she wasn't popular. You're saying she should have pandered to a minority.

Signing in to the ‘democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022’ thread in the year 2022 to defend Abuela’s actions in 2016, thus doing a great job showing why the democrats are going to be destroyed in 2022.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/SenateMajority/status/1487079769338531853

The democrats are going to be destroyed in 2022.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
drat it I liked this thread because it’s a good place to make fun of the dems without all the stupid succ zone stuff and insisting that there is no way to think the dem response to January 6th is stupid without completely downplaying it as a non event is the most succ zone thing imaginable.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Shut the gently caress up about January 6th there's a whole thread for it called the Succ zone this thread is for talking about how the democrats are going to be destroyed in 2022.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Cloks posted:

I know people like to be sarcastic here but Biden really does have a lot of accomplishments that would be easy for Democrats to highlight, such as lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

:kiss:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Vomik posted:

just tossing out ideas as an lol here but if I don’t ever actually register but just pretend I’m gonna run in like Georgia or something on Twitter to get a bunch of coastal libs to donate to my go fund me is that all above board? asking for a friend

Yeah and then launder all the money to your friends and family by hiring them to run your campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Are any republicans running on "Biden and the democrats doubled child poverty in 2022" yet?