Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I just think it's amazing we went from Joe "One Term" Biden to Joe "I Am Running" Biden in the breath of 2 news cycles and no one in the MSM fuckin batted an eyelash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

4 southern states and Vermont... which has a town named Brandon that's been in the news a bit lately

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 13:04 on Oct 31, 2021

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

How many people would you need to move, physically, to guarantee both a heavily, uncontestable blue map in 2024, and victory for some number of actual progressives in key places?

I wonder how this compares to the number of reliably left voting workers who are currently fully remote and might be willing to go live someplace otherwise undesirable to them for long enough to be registered voters in nov 2024? Or even 2022; it doesn't even appear to me that the required length of time is that long, most places? One would need a physical address, mail, actual residency.

I love where I live and it would suck to be isolated from my family for a while and have to travel a distance to see them, but if this was something that was feasible based on math and had organized momentum behind it, I personally would go rent some cheap place with internet access for as long as needed, gently caress it.

Does anyone have a clue what the numbers look like and if this is a pipe dream or something that's possible?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

THS2 posted:

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

sir, there's a thread for that

wait I am in that thread somehow

carry on

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

wonder if there's been any kind of ongoing mass casualty event that could depress turnout among older republican voters

https://www.nber.org/papers/w30512

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

In Training posted:

That doesn't say anything about turnout though
You're right and I have no idea if this was a factor or not in any of the tight races but I do look forward to seeing statisticians wrangling with that question over the next few years, because if there is any merit to it, as well as merit to the idea that the Trump admin initially saw COVID as something that would hit blue cities harder and this impacted their response, then there is some dark irony there in devising an immoral strategy to hurt the other party and then having it bite you in the rear end because your own party got caught up in anti-vaxx and anti-PHI hysteria that meaningfully changed their demographics, via early conversion of humans into their skeleton form.