Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
democrats are going to pick up seats and the only ones owned will be cspam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

a.p. dent posted:

has anyone done this: The Nastier Nate Silver

Yes. More then once

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

One More Fat Nerd posted:

The funniest option is absolutely for a combo of covid deaths and Trump "elections are fake!" based voter suppression to deliver extra seats to the dems, only for the public to find out the Democratic party has exactly as many Joes Manchin as are needed to ensure nothing good happens.

They had 60 democrats and still did this

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Cloks posted:

however, and it gives me no great pleasure to say this, the Democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

None? Like at all? Not even a little?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

well, never say that biden didn't improve your life in some way

my fox news loving mom and i bond over mutually making fun of sleepy joe biden

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

i am harry posted:

what the gently caress does this even mean you loving bastards, other than "blah blah here's some words but ultimately to hell with everyone in america"

it means that hospitals and insurance companies should be required to fill out the proper paperwork before they charge you $30,000 for a trip to the ER and saddle you with crushing debt for the rest of your life

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

hobbesmaster posted:

despite Biden’s efforts to the contrary, debts can still be discharged in bankruptcy

student loans is in the same category as court ordered fines as stuff you can’t discharge. (you can in theory, but really you can’t)

my understanding is that they garnish your wages for student loan debt

because if you don't pay your mortgage they can take your house, or if you dont pay your car note they can repo your car

but if you don't pay your students loan they cant slice into your brain and extract the 4 years of knowledge you learned to get your sociology degree....not yet anyway

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

that's probably true but by that logic why would anyone go out on a limb to defend Feinstein when literally any empty suit can be voted into office and vote the same way.

or i guess maybe you should vote for the most senile person on the ballot cause they're less likely to defy party marching orders

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

they've got more important covid related measures to focus on, such as

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Mind_Taker posted:

right but republicans still run hardcore right wingers in those states just to make sure there isn’t any leftward drift

democrats of course are more than happy to drift right and Utah is a prime example of this. they want as many joe manchins as possible

it's hard to recruit a democrat to run for a suicide mission where they're just gonna end up losing by 20 points anyway.

republicans though, there seems to be a much more ample supply of chuds willing to run for offices in deep blue districts to be humiliated

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

DoubleDonut posted:

FDR was smart enough to think "if we don't make sure people can eat and have a place to live, they are going to become communists and then they are going to shoot me"

if you're gonna run a bread and circuses government you gotta make sure you pony up the bread and not just double up on circuses

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

fast cars loose anus posted:

I think my favorite bit of "Elizabeth Warren claims Native American heritage" lore is her having some recipes in the book "Pow Wow Chow" which, like her heritage, she stole

I think what might have happened is that Elizabeth Warren grew up thinking she was part Native American, cause she thought she was cause that’s what her family told her her entire life.

Then she took a DNA test for the dumbest possible reason and it turned out to be not true. So she coulda just said “ok well my idiot parents didn’t have 23 and me 50 years ago so we all thought we were Cherokee but I guess we aren’t, my bad”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Maya Fey posted:

wonder how much this cost

"you know everyone always says how bad it is to work for or do business with trump, he sounds like kind of a dick. What if we go with 'Big Dick Donald'?"

"sold! here's your $600 an hour!"