Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Vote!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

https://twitter.com/polltrackerusa/status/1484234913792643078?s=21

538 gives them an A- rating as a pollster with only a +1.3 R bent.

god drat the democrats are going to get destroyed, absolutely wrecked, thoroughly obliterated in 2022

Good thing they are terrible so I don't actually care if they lose!

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Nothus posted:

because it makes the midterms "the most important election in history".

If only there was someone worth voting for. I think I'm just going to start replying "lmao" to any fundraising contacts. I used to feel like that was too mean but seriously. Lol. Lmao.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Justus posted:

the Dems will be genocided.

Now that's something I would vote for!

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

It makes me feel confident about the state of the Republic.

I am extremely confident in the state of the republic. No. Not like that!

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I can't wait till Republicans realize they can add "being a Democrat is now illegal" to the next bill that raises the debt ceiling and all the dems will still vote for it

Tell me you wouldn't vote for this! I would vote for this! Gonna legit start voting for Republicans so we can get to dumping the Democrats already.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

LastInLine posted:

I can't imagine the kind of mind who thinks repubicans hate democrats. It'd be like the Globetrotters voting to kick the Washington Generals out of the league. To the republicans there's absolutely nothing better than the democrats.

Yeah this actually isn't something I considered before and I'm honestly a little salty about it because it is so obviously the correct take. How hosed up is it that there isn't even an accelerationist option because capital has so completely captured the system. Jesus take the wheel I guess!

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

LastInLine posted:

Wait until you fully internalize all of the second order effects that must be true if the system we live under lacks any adversarial nature. I'm not picking on you or anything, I just know for me that that realization is what really unlocked a fuller understanding of American politics. It isn't that capital has captured the system to eliminate options, it's that capital built the system to provide the illusion of options.

Oh yeah dude I sort of had that in my head that the electoral system is a heads I win tails you lose situation in that the Democrats only exist to be a toothless alternative that can't actually do anything. But for some reason I was still thinking the Republicans would be happy to take them as political prisoners or whatever which as you pointed out lol lmao they definitely wouldn't.

And yeah my dude no offense taken or anything, but I appreciate that you spent some words on this kindness, you're a good egg.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Lmao cars and meat are only for people who make more than 300k! Jesus Christ I make a stupid amount of money doing a stupid job but that's a ridiculous amount of money what the gently caress is with these people.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Democrats... bad?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

I thought every study that showed that normal people have no say in electoral politics also said that the capital class does?

If it's the one I'm thinking of it is policymaking rather than electoral politics, because the two are only loosely related.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

We are still on the cusp of a new progressive decade thanks to :syoon:joe biden:syoon:

Just lmao that anyone ever earnestly said those words

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

oscarthewilde posted:

do you have a link? this sounds extremely up my alley

I think this is the right one:

https://faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu/~jnd260/cab/CAB2012%20-%20Page1.pdf

Just blindly googling brings up a bunch of garbage that makes it look like the system is working as intended but without any actual quantifiable information. Embarrassing!

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Yes.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Doing whatever it takes! As long as it isn't governing, that is.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

ikanreed posted:

The democrats will continue to exist as a political party in 2022

This is violence

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

empty whippet box posted:

never believe anything a democrat promises

they will never, ever deliver, and after they fail to deliver they will turn around and ask why you aren't singing their priases, because they promised you that thing, remember?

If only you donate more, volunteer more, and vote as hard as you can, they will definitely do it next time.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

rounding up all the bad posters is cheating :colbert:

Look I came in here to be mad about the Democrats and cheer on their destruction. I don't know what you expect from me but if it is good posting you may as well vote for the Democrats because both of those things are equally likely to pay off.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

Abolish all together. We've proven we can't be trusted.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

If only we move further to the right Republicans will vote for us!

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m lee carter?

Well one of you fuckers definitely is because he obviously posts here

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

fabergay egg posted:

on second thought, i am pro deathd and take great pleasure in reporting this

Buddy have I got good news for you

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

ArmZ posted:

the funny thing is nasa could do it cheaper and better if they got the budget and politicians didn't interfere

I believe you will find these landers are exceptionally efficient at their intended task (moving money from our pockets into the pockets of rich douchebags)

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

bawfuls posted:

she infamously hated DC and never wants to pursue national politics for that reason

Sounds great honestly. The hero we need. Just go in there and burn it all to the ground.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Stereotype posted:

an angsty stupid teenager who wanted to go do drugs at the mall with his friends

Trump!

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

In Training posted:

Yeah drain the swamp!!!

Yeah you're right Bernie can stay. Everyone else though! Out!!

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

lizard people poo poo

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

ex post facho posted:

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/st...ingawful.com%2F

lmao

I think comparisons to Hoover may be too kind

This tweet is just loving incredible goddamn

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

the bitcoin of weed posted:

this is still less embarassing than the Notorious RBG stuff that is everywhere at these events

I maintain that the deathbed begging to not let Trump pick her replacement is the most shameful poo poo. RBG has a really wonderful story but how can you be that smart, dedicated, determined, and still think that anything you say at that point would matter. Just so goddamn ignorant.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

ex post facho posted:

Iran is 100% correct and absolutely should have a nuke

Honestly I would rather they had ours, too

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Probably but that bad yet. But if you're pregnant and get in a car accident or have a medical emergency...

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Shrecknet posted:

this is better than any exit poll

lmao nhd just perpetually wrong about everything forever

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I guess the republican party really is the trump party now and without him nobody bothers to show up

Gonna make 2024 into a real ruckus huh

I don’t think this is true. My parents and everyone they know would literally die before not turning up to check the box next to the lovely racist, especially in a midterm. Either enough of them died from Covid or more young people showed up. I am pretty happy to have been wrong about the election.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

listen jack were going use abortion as cudgel for next elections just vote for us and we may consider codifying it by 2069

I literally want them to use this as the red line for the upcoming budget meltdown. Literally no we will not raise the debt ceiling until roe is codified gently caress you we will burn this country to the ground over it.

While I’m dreaming I suppose I may as well ask for a unicorn, too.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

so you want trump to win this is the most important election of our lives vote or die

I choose death

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

gonna need something stronger than that barkeep

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

space uncle posted:

I remember in 2016 making the case that perhaps a Donald Trump presidency would be preferable to a Clinton one in that it would accelerate our failing systems. That piecemeal reform was impossible and we needed to identify our irreparably broken systems (Supreme Court lol) by stress testing them with a big dumb evil idiot.

But now is Biden the accelerationist candidate? Wouldn’t re-electing him cause more instability and chaos and conflict? His party is actively jailing and disenfranchising his only competition. His party hates him. The public hates him. He has no popular will or agenda anymore other than eternal war. He can’t work with Congress or the Courts.

If you truly believe in DTA or DTI, maybe you should vote for Biden? Heighten the contradictions?

You are very close to a profound truth of elections under cybernetic capitalism: every candidate is the accelerationist candidate

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

space uncle posted:

Ah poo poo this is really baking my noodle. But I think you’re right.

I voted for Biden in 2020 because orange man bad and he has been worse than I could have possibly imagined. This definitely broke my brain some more, but it really drove home the fact that capital is in the driver’s seat. If you think about it for a minute it is pretty liberating.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

wait does this mean I agree with Alex Jones? I might need to reconsider how I got here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

That’s a comforting response, thank you!