Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I wouldn’t get too fired of about the committee rankings, there’s a pretty strong history of them changing their whole arithmetic for the final ones. Everything that comes before is a huge waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Never heard of any of these, which is to be expected since I'm not from there, but it occurs to me that it would be a good gag if all of them were fake. Like that fake grocery chain graphic.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

PostNouveau posted:

Never heard of any of these, which is to be expected since I'm not from there, but it occurs to me that it would be a good gag if all of them were fake. Like that fake grocery chain graphic.

And the "coming soon to waco" poster

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://twitter.com/WarBlogle/status/1455755448263614464?s=20

If Auburn could keep signing kids named Nix I'd appreciate it thx

Last time the Braves won the world series, the Cowboys were 6-1 and would go on to win the Super Bowl.

Just going to add the Nix coincidence to this and assume it is finally going to happen again.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

General Dog posted:

I wouldn’t get too fired of about the committee rankings, there’s a pretty strong history of them changing their whole arithmetic for the final ones. Everything that comes before is a huge waste of time.

So what you're saying is 2 loss Alabama will jump to #1 after losing to Georgia in the SECCG?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Idk if he’d take it but if I’m Tech or TCU I give Tom Herman a call. He can recruit, he’s got his gimmicky offense that can create production with athletic guys who can sorta play QB, and his teams tend to play above their heads in big games. Plus you know he’d find a way to beat Texas if given the chance.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
We’re all playing right into ESPNs hands and embracing debate on the meaningless CFP week 1 rankings.

The crack shack is a fake restaurant right?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://twitter.com/WarBlogle/status/1455755448263614464?s=20

If Auburn could keep signing kids named Nix I'd appreciate it thx
Haven't noticed lately but used to be, in the replies to like any Auburn personality mentioning Bo Nix in a tweet, a Bama fan saying something about Bo having a secret child in Phenix City. So maybe sooner than you might think?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Edit: whoops misread

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Thermos H Christ posted:

Idk if he’d take it but if I’m Tech or TCU I give Tom Herman a call. He can recruit, he’s got his gimmicky offense that can create production with athletic guys who can sorta play QB, and his teams tend to play above their heads in big games. Plus you know he’d find a way to beat Texas if given the chance.

Maybe he'd work at Tech, but I don't see TCU hiring a notorious rear end in a top hat after firing the abrasive Patterson

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Thermos H Christ posted:

Please Xort let this be. Houston could come in year one and hand Tom Herman his rear end. Lord have mercy :vince:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Haven't noticed lately but used to be, in the replies to like any Auburn personality mentioning Bo Nix in a tweet, a Bama fan saying something about Bo having a secret child in Phenix City. So maybe sooner than you might think?

Oh man that’s some good rear end home grown stupid rumors. Get that right in my veins.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Warbird posted:

Oh man that’s some good rear end home grown stupid rumors. Get that right in my veins.
Pusha Tide, "The Story of AUdidon"

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Naw it's a local fried chicken chain. I think the owner/chef is a Top Chef alum.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

dirty shrimp money posted:

Please Xort let this be. Houston could come in year one and hand Tom Herman his rear end. Lord have mercy :vince:

What do you have against Tom Herman as a Houston fan? Just that he didn't stay at Houston when Texas and LSU came knocking (and probably every other program that made a hire that year would have taken him over whoever they got)? No offense, but how many coaches would stay at Houston when they could take their pick of job openings?

Assuming he wants to be a college HC again, I think one reason he might not take it is that he could get an OC job at a bigger program and if he had 1-2 good seasons he could potentially get a better HC job than TCU or Tech from there. I don't know what he wants or how interested schools are, but I feel like he's an underrated coach who could probably be hired cheaply for what you're getting. Obviously he was perfect at OSU running Urban's offense only better, he did quite well at Houston, was OK at Texas and perpetually seemed to fall just short of turning the corner, and by HFC standards he's a young guy who still has time to learn from what went wrong and do better. Plus Texas is apparently a harder place to win than you'd think, so his time here should probably be graded on a curve.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Thermos H Christ posted:

What do you have against Tom Herman as a Houston fan? Just that he didn't stay at Houston when Texas and LSU came knocking (and probably every other program that made a hire that year would have taken him over whoever they got)? No offense, but how many coaches would stay at Houston when they could take their pick of job openings?

It's not that he left - that much was obvious after the Big 12's expansion scam ended. It's not even on the level of being a Houston fan, or a sports thing. What gets me is this lovely comment he made at UT's next spring practice about how he and Todd Orlando "had made chicken salad out of chicken poo poo" on defense at UH. Herman worked his rear end off for those players and he parlays them into a fancy blue blood job and he could have at least been respectful and mentioned taking a bunch of good players and making them pros. Instead the most he can say about those guys is they're chicken poo poo? What an ungrateful, indignant, petty, disrespectful, bitchy carpetbagging lovely person. gently caress him.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 4, 2021

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

We’re all playing right into ESPNs hands and embracing debate on the meaningless CFP week 1 rankings.

https://www.crackshack.com/

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

dirty shrimp money posted:

It's not that he left - that much was obvious after the Big 12's expansion scam ended. It's not even on the level of being a Houston fan, or a sports thing. What gets me is this lovely comment he made at UT's next spring practice about how he and Todd Orlando "had made chicken salad out of chicken poo poo" on defense at UH. Herman worked his rear end off for those players and he parlays them into a fancy blue blood job and he could have at least been respectful and mentioned taking a bunch of good players and making them pros. Instead the most he can say about those guys is they're chicken poo poo? What an ungrateful, indignant, petty, disrespectful, bitchy carpetbagging lovely person. gently caress him.

:psyduck: He literally had multiple first round picks on defense.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Sure, I guess it's just that as CFB sins go, being an arrogant douchebag who devalues the work of the players making him rich is extremely entry-level.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That OU dude ever kick that burrito into orbit or what?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Volquest_Rivals/status/1456335795158192130?s=20

After thorough investigation of ourselves we have found we have done no wrong and thus we will not be punishing ourselves.

Its hilarious this is even being announced because this has nothing to do with the NCAA investigation that hasn’t even started yet

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Double Smoky Dog Dare you to punish us NCAA.

JUST TRY IT

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Double Smoky Dog Dare you to punish us NCAA.

JUST TRY IT

Woah hey man they can hear you

I’m sure we’ll be fine, history has shown cooperating with the NCAA is the right mo-what’s that?

Ah, beans.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m sure we’ll be fine, history has shown cooperating with the NCAA is the right MO-what’s that?

Don't know if you were referring to the Mizzou thing specifically but it's what I read.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Don't know if you were referring to the Mizzou thing specifically but it's what I read.

Will Wade got caught on audio offering players money and when the NCAA looked into it LSU told them to gently caress off and nothing happened.

Mizzou well…

Don’t cooperate with the NCAA

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1456332473630081032?t=8vos7Q7wjS4Mn0rxUuLrSA&s=19

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

It took me a minute to realize they worked it into the logos. Very nice.
One of my buddy's favorite twitter accounts. Having the SA App Smilie Keyboard is worth it just to talk about it.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Y'all
Y'ALL

our boy did it
https://twitter.com/T_McFatridge/status/1456419389662810113

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

A UGA defensive starter was arrested on suspicion of rape. Immediatly suspended from the team pending result of the investigation, there was no wishy washy phrasing about boys will be boys or anything like that. The fans... They are a different story.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That didn’t get anywhere near the moon

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

That didn’t get anywhere near the moon

He did strike a pretty concussive blow.

Love the new AV btw :wink:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

He did strike a pretty concussive blow.

Love the new AV btw :wink:

It was tough to give up the last one but when I saw that pic of Dansby I had to do it

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

It was tough to give up the last one but when I saw that pic of Dansby I had to do it

Dansby kicking the ball around like a kid in coach pitch then ripping a timely homer to allow Soler power to flourish. All was forgiven.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
https://twitter.com/DavidKellyKVOA/status/1456399127672025106

We about to get this win homedudes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Didn’t realize Aaron Rodgers left such a lasting influence on the program.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Can I just say it's absolutely unfathomable to me how that monkey story seems to have disappeared overnight? Did I miss something where it got debunked?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean it wasn’t a head coach or even an important coordinator so people just lost interest

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Oklahoma State opened at -7 @ West Virginia, line is down to -3.5. That seems pretty odd. Anyone in here have any clue why the line moved so much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

fast cars loose anus posted:

Can I just say it's absolutely unfathomable to me how that monkey story seems to have disappeared overnight? Did I miss something where it got debunked?

No clue but pole assassins video of her backyard def makes it feel like stupid kid behavior vs poor management on their part. That said I dunno, the news cycle simply moves too fast, no one can care for that long.