Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I guess I just assumed the particulars of it would blow over anything like it just being a low level coach or even not really their fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Today I learned

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1456622185662058501

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

TipTow posted:

Oklahoma State opened at -7 @ West Virginia, line is down to -3.5. That seems pretty odd. Anyone in here have any clue why the line moved so much?

Probably because ISU beat OSU, and WVU just beat ISU, so people are expecting WVU to win, or at least make it a very close game.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

Probably because ISU beat OSU, and WVU just beat ISU, so people are expecting WVU to win, or at least make it a very close game.

Seems like a bad bet to me

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Isn't this sort of thing fairly common? Like I remember hearing other teams doing stuff like this. I thought that there was something like this for Red River even.

edit: Yeah here's an article from a few years back talking about OU doing basically the same thing.

https://www.oudaily.com/news/ou-nav...82201c5f02.html

drunk leprechaun fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 5, 2021

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

Well, poo poo. I picked WVU for my pick 'em group because that's a decently-sized line shift, but if this is true (I know you're just speculating) I'm switching to OSU. 'Cause yeah,

PostNouveau posted:

Seems like a bad bet to me

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

drunk leprechaun posted:

Isn't this sort of thing fairly common? Like I remember hearing other teams doing stuff like this. I thought that there was something like this for Red River even.

edit: Yeah here's an article from a few years back talking about OU doing basically the same thing.

https://www.oudaily.com/news/ou-nav...82201c5f02.html

Doesn't make it any less awesome. CSU run 38 miles & up 2500'. WYO run 27 miles and down 200'. Either side fuckin' suuuuuucks to pull off

RRS one is cool too

All of this is cool

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Omnikin posted:

Doesn't make it any less awesome. CSU run 38 miles & up 2500'. WYO run 27 miles and down 200'. Either side fuckin' suuuuuucks to pull off

RRS one is cool too

All of this is cool

Not saying it's not cool. Just that it isn't unique to them. I may have misunderstood the original post, but that aspect is what I was reacting to.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

fast cars loose anus posted:

Can I just say it's absolutely unfathomable to me how that monkey story seems to have disappeared overnight? Did I miss something where it got debunked?

While it's not the NCAA, the broader football world has had some wild stories pop up in the NFL since then that probably gabbed a lot of the sports media attention. Particularly an NFL player killing somebody in a ridiculous DUI crash, but also the Aaron Rodgers anti-vaxx drama and OBJ's push to get cut probably tied up a lot of gawking media attention with no new interesting developments with Pole Assassin and her biting moneky.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

A UGA defensive starter was arrested on suspicion of rape. Immediatly suspended from the team pending result of the investigation, there was no wishy washy phrasing about boys will be boys or anything like that. The fans... They are a different story.

Anderson lawyered up, too, and it sounds like they're doing a full-court press to the media. (Not inferring anything here about innocence or guilt.)

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Anderson lawyered up, too, and it sounds like they're doing a full-court press to the media. (Not inferring anything here about innocence or guilt.)

I mean any time the police get involved with literally anything that’s the first thing you should do, again not saying guilty or otherwise; just gives you the best shot at a good defense. I think this is the first big criminal thing to happen since Kirby took over. Not as fun as weed and guns with their numbers filed off #socrow

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Based on the timing I'm thinking this may be the last we see of Jack Miller for the year at 3rd string QB. Dude got to watch one of his teammates get buried on the chart for this earlier this year, and we're quite literally days after the Ruggs case.

Pretty much guarantee he transfers/gets processed out now, so good luck with that Arizona.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/interceptions-thrown-per-game

Sort from worst. :allears:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Turnovers = Turnaround, but the ones we saw last Saturday were....oof.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
It's definitely one of the chinks in the armor this season.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Seems to me that you think a lot of teams shouldn't be ranked. And while I think it is ridiculous that UTSA is not ranked at 8-0.....yeah....if you are cracking jokes on Minnesota's wins and then bringing up UTSA's schedule where the best win they have is a seven point win against a 3-6 Illinois team that the Gophers are going to thrash on Saturday.....I'm not sure you have made any good points.

lol

lmao

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

So that was nuts

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

This week is further proof that the entire SEC sucks poo poo except for Georgia and mayyyyyyybe Bama

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

This week is further proof that the entire SEC sucks poo poo except for Georgia and mayyyyyyybe Bama

not so fast my friend

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

edit wrong thread

Tatsuta Age fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 7, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Which would be a more competitive game. UMass/Georgia or Georgia/Detroit Lions?

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

UMass Georgia.

Jared Goff is awful but he was way better than both of Georgias QBs in college.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 7, 2021

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Even the shittiest NFL OL/DLs would destroy college teams. Georgia’s front 7 is an all-timer but who knows what their pro careers will be.

Also what in the world Florida

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Yeah UMass/UGA would be closer. The Lions would hang 100 on UGA without breathing hard. And UGA would never score.

Also, gently caress Dan Mullen. If you're going to be an unlikeable shitbag, you'd better win.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

Even the shittiest NFL OL/DLs would destroy college teams. Georgia’s front 7 is an all-timer but who knows what their pro careers will be.

Also what in the world Florida

I know the Lions would win by 80. Im just Not convinced umass gains a first down.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Literally any NFL team would destroy the best college team every year.

At the same time UMass is really bad.

This is one of those things where the difference would come down to how committed the winner is to stomping the competition.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The real question is how many points could the best NFL team score on UMass in 60min regulation?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wilderthanmild posted:

Literally any NFL team would destroy the best college team every year.

At the same time UMass is really bad.

This is one of those things where the difference would come down to how committed the winner is to stomping the competition.

Georgia like most elite teams against putrid crap would hit 60 points in the early 3rd and pull all of their starters. If they actually tried to score every drive they could hang 100+ on UMass. So basically can Georgia keep it within 80 of the Lions because if so that’s more competitive by default.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

The real question is how many points could the best NFL team score on UMass in 60min regulation?

Enough that Jon Bois would make a video of it.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

220-0 suddenly seems like a reasonable score again

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

220-0 suddenly seems like a reasonable score again

Stray dog chasing UMass' QB around the field

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Also, gently caress Dan Mullen. If you're going to be an unlikeable shitbag, you'd better win.

Will Muschamp didn't get fired until the absolute last moment because the right people in the building loved him. Dan Mullen's relationship with the people who write his checks is testy at best.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I wonder how far back you'd have to go before you reach a point where the worst NFL teams of that time wouldn't completely obliterate the best college teams of today. 30 years maybe?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
A long ways, but it also depends somewhat on the rules you play under

If you let 1990s NFL defenses hit college players under the rules that were around in the 90s, those games would generally end in a forfeit by the suddenly-very-undermanned college teams

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, well at least Kentucky fans have plenty to complain about at the end here I guess.

e: oops wrong thread, but still

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 7, 2021

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

I wonder how far back you'd have to go before you reach a point where the worst NFL teams of that time wouldn't completely obliterate the best college teams of today. 30 years maybe?

I've seen highlights from the NFL of the 1960s and 70s. Today's college teams would annihilate those out-of-shape part-time used car salesmen

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Pakled posted:

Closer to 50.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_College_All-Star_Game#Game_results

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Pakled posted:

The super bowl champion used to play a college all star team every year into the 70s and most of the games were competitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Thanks, COVID

Thovid