Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Oklahoma's defense didn't look like total dogshit. 9-0, 16-game winning streak. Bye next week before championship November: @Baylor, Iowa State, @Oklahoma State.

Boomer Sooner bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Baylor-OU might be fun.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

That was a fantastic victory of Michigan. The fact that we didn’t give up down 30-14 at the half speaks volumes about where we have come from over the last two years. I never imagined we would be 8-0 this year. I mean for a second year coach, look what Mel Tucker has

- 8-0 team that controls their destiny to the B10 game / CFP
- A strong, and I say front runner, Heisman candidate RB
- First MSU coach to win their first two games against UM
- All while barely having any of his own recruits

I haven’t felt this excited about MSU football since our CFP run a few years ago. And dashing the hopes of UM in such a spectacular way was just icing on the cake. I have no delusions that we’ll beat OSU, unless OSU beats itself, but I can actually see us going 10-2 if not 11-1 this year which would be insane from what our expectations where

GO GREEN
GO WHITE
SPARTY YES
Victory for MSU!

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

We better never play a west coast OOC night game again. I went to bed at 12:30 and it was midway through the 3rd quarter.

Our defense is also complete dogshit. Surprised we stopped BYU on any possession.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Mullen can't recruit and currently doesn't seem to be able to coach either so I'm not really sure what the point of his entire existence is

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

General Dog posted:

Baylor-OU might be fun.

If it's a night game it's gonna be fuckin' wild. I may not make it to the end before passing out.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Also:

Deacs

Bitch

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

James Franklin must be really embarrassed. Dude loses to Illinois in 9OT at home, then for some inexplicable reason travels to the Big House only to lose to Illinois AGAIN? Yikes.

I'd probably quit coaching.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

EvilHawk posted:

Mullen can't recruit and currently doesn't seem to be able to coach either so I'm not really sure what the point of his entire existence is

Finally giving the torch-bearing folks Richardson with the likely knowledge he'd be killed was indeed a choice.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
If Mullen gets a good DC he's going to be fine. If.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

LLCoolJD posted:

If Mullen gets a good DC he's going to be fine. If.

Only if that DC is a hell of a recruiter

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I definitely won’t put the end of the first half on the Florida defense.

Your defense is going to struggle if you have three turnovers in less than 3 minutes of game time.

E: my point is to fire Grantham but don’t expect Florida to be fine just because they get a DC. They’re real bad everywhere.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nebraska fires Frost after the Ohio State game, yes?

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Caleb Williams is way too good especially as a true freshman. Hopefully this bye allows a few more starters from the secondary to get healthy before the Baylor, ISU, OSU stretch. The defense already looked a lot more respectable getting Turner-Yell back at safety and Jalen Redmond on the line. Key Lawrence looked good at corner too.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

EvilHawk posted:

ed orgeron is gonna be looking for work soon

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kloaked00 posted:

That was a fantastic victory of Michigan. The fact that we didn’t give up down 30-14 at the half speaks volumes about where we have come from over the last two years. I never imagined we would be 8-0 this year. I mean for a second year coach, look what Mel Tucker has

- 8-0 team that controls their destiny to the B10 game / CFP
- A strong, and I say front runner, Heisman candidate RB
- First MSU coach to win their first two games against UM
- All while barely having any of his own recruits

I haven’t felt this excited about MSU football since our CFP run a few years ago. And dashing the hopes of UM in such a spectacular way was just icing on the cake. I have no delusions that we’ll beat OSU, unless OSU beats itself, but I can actually see us going 10-2 if not 11-1 this year which would be insane from what our expectations where

GO GREEN
GO WHITE
SPARTY YES
Victory for MSU!
Considering how bad a defensive coordinator tucker was in the NFL, it's kind of cool to see him succeeding now with you guys. Out of the six "powers" in the big ten (osu, psu, msu, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa) I think I like seeing msu succeed the most since they're the little brother in their state

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Today, I am thankful for Ryan Day, because that’s absolutely a game where that number of penalties/mistakes would’ve made urban clam up and run QB power the whole game trying to grind it out ultimately losing. That Penn state defense is better than I have it credit for but Jesus Christ why are we running goal line dive 4 times without our power back in the game.

Serious question, if Florida opens who would they actually get? They’re behind LSU in the pecking order, maybe USC in the eyes of some coaches. The Midwest guys don’t make sense so like what…Napier or bust?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Declan MacManus posted:

ed orgeron is gonna be looking for work soon

Geaux Coach Eaux to Fleauxrida

That does not look right.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Pobrecito posted:

i dont have the tweet anymore but someone put out that steve sarkisian has already had a bigger loss by margin, a bigger blown lead, and a longer losing streak than tom herman ever did

the good news is at least Texas isn't a second-half team anymore

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

TheGreyGhost posted:

Serious question, if Florida opens who would they actually get? They’re behind LSU in the pecking order, maybe USC in the eyes of some coaches. The Midwest guys don’t make sense so like what…Napier or bust?

Make Mario Cristobal say no. Cristobal solves the recruiting problem on the lines, and in South Florida.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to deal with baffling, conservative in-game decision making but I'm already dealing with that with Mullen, who is not as swash-buckling as the reputation suggests.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Godzilla07 posted:

Make Mario Cristobal say no. Cristobal solves the recruiting problem on the lines, and in South Florida.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to deal with baffling, conservative in-game decision making but I'm already dealing with that with Mullen, who is not as swash-buckling as the reputation suggests.

Make the head coach of 7-1 #7 Oregon football say no to becoming the defensive coordinator of 4-4 Florida? What the gently caress?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Former Everything posted:

Make the head coach of 7-1 #7 Oregon football say no to becoming the defensive coordinator of 4-4 Florida? What the gently caress?

believe the hypothetical is if they dump Mullen, not Grantham.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

He was responding to a question asking about a potential head coaching vacancy, not the coordinator vacancy.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Bring back Ron zook

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Gotta eat some crow on my Badgers. Maybe they aren't as bad I thought they were. They aren't great but they aren't the worst Badger team since 1990. That defense is a lot of fun to watch. Finding and sticking with one offensive line group along with letting Braelon Allen tote the rock more has the rushing game moving in the right direction and that will help the passing game.

Remember when people voted Iowa #2? Ha.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

LLCoolJD posted:

He was responding to a question asking about a potential head coaching vacancy, not the coordinator vacancy.

Ohhhhhhh poo poo that makes way more sense

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Will Michigan ever fire the fraud known as Jim Harbaugh, or are they stuck with him for eternity?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

You know, we have this dude on our staff, Will Muschamp. Lots of DC experience in the SEC, was a head coach, already knows south Florida recruiting. Would be a hell of a steal.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

Best UGA point differential through 8 games since 1910.

For reference, 1910 Georgia
Locust Grove Institute 101-0
Gordon Institute 79-0
Alabama 22-0
Tennessee 35-5
Mercer 21-0
Sewanee 12-15
Clemson 0-0
Georgia Tech 11-6
Auburn 0-26

The first two games were against prep schools. Gordon suffered so many injuries, IIRC, that UGA vowed never to play a prep school again.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You're welcome

Also Deacs bitch

Also

LMAO owned

I can’t believe he was a) a Wake Forest player in the first place and b) transferred out of there (no offense). He’s our best running back since Le’Veon Bell, who himself was somehow a two star recruit I believe.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Obviously I don’t think Mullen gets fired this year. But this team has totally quit on him. He seems defeated. But this is a mess of his own making and things like recruiting aren’t there to bail him out. Someone up thread said it’d be reasonable to say he could only win with McElwain’s recruits and while that’s a dagger to the dignity bone, it certainly appears to be true at the moment.

I dunno. I’m not sure who I’d even pick to come in and try and go toe to toe with even Kirby smart, much less Saban.

Maybe he’ll get it right. I’m, uh, not optimistic.

KKKLIP ART posted:

You know, we have this dude on our staff, Will Muschamp. Lots of DC experience in the SEC, was a head coach, already knows south Florida recruiting. Would be a hell of a steal.

This post is giving me hives.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

But this team has totally quit on him.

It was 3-0 until near the half against Georgia's team of destiny, I think everyone is disappointed but it's too early to say they've quit. Grantham had better be moving stuff to a storage unit so that he can stage his home, though.

Hughmoris posted:

Will Michigan ever fire the fraud known as Jim Harbaugh, or are they stuck with him for eternity?

Richtian futility is a difficult pit to climb out of because you're still winning most games.

KKKLIP ART posted:

We're not going to fall for that trick again!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I was excited to finally see Tyler Macon or really anyone other than Bazelak for Mizzou, although I didn't want it to come because of injury.

Then I noticed next week is Georgia and now I really hope Bazelak gets better fast because I don't want to feed a freshman to them. I mean, not because of any thought of competitiveness, that ain't happening. Just because I don't want whichever guy they go with (there's a RS Freshman too) to be broken right off the bat.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

LLCoolJD posted:

We're not going to fall for that trick again!

I mean I'm a South Carolina fan so I know the horror as well but I'd probably take him as a DC, he can recruit that side of the ball extremely well.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Illinois beating Penn state then losing to Rutgers reminds me a lot of when they beat Wisconsin then lost to northwestern. If they'd won this week they had a slim chance at a bowl

But I'd rather lose to crappy teams and beat high ranked ones, the inverse of Michigan

that northwestern game where they put in the third string quarterback and just ran the single-wing against illinois and attempted like two passes is one of my favorite northwestern games of all time.

northwestern unfortunately has no defense at all this year and we're going to lose the Hat, I'm despondent.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Hughmoris posted:

I think there’s like a 1/5 chance that a new hire actually does better for them.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky always seems to have one game a year that they come out completely flat and lose what should be a winnable game. I'm not sure they were prepared at all for Mississippi St to run the ball as much as they did, but they couldn't stop the pass either. It was death by 1000 cuts. Missing two starters on the D line is really hurting right now.

The offense couldn't do much either. The first interception wasn't a killer, more like an arm punt, and lead to the Josh Ali punt return touchdown. It was the 3 turnovers in 4 offensive plays that did them in though. The interception at the end of the half prevented at least 3 points, if not 7 as they were actually moving the ball well that drive. A fumble on the second play of the 3rd quarter after holding MSU to a FG set up a short field TD, then an interception on the next UK play set up yet another short field TD. Even if that one had been reviewed and overturned like it should have (loving SEC refs, again), Mississippi St is still likely to come away with points there.

Levis looked so good the past two games, but he just did not have it last night. He was behind his receivers all night that lead to 2 of the interceptions and what easily could have been two more. Rodriguez is the better RB but has to have better ball control, he's had way too many fumbles this year. Turnovers have this team's issue all year and they've won despite them so far, but it caught up last night.

Still have a chance to bounce back against Tennessee at home and finish what could be one of the best seasons in UK football history. I think 10-2 can still lead to a NY6 bowl. But I'm not near as confident as I was.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

mastershakeman posted:

Illinois beating Penn state then losing to Rutgers reminds me a lot of when they beat Wisconsin then lost to northwestern. If they'd won this week they had a slim chance at a bowl

But I'd rather lose to crappy teams and beat high ranked ones, the inverse of Michigan

They are all over the drat place. I sometimes think they have a pretty good team but cant get it all together. Bret Bielema blames past recruiting and while some position groups do seem hosed, there are so many times the players on the field seem to have no idea what the play is or what basic football positions are.

It's a really weird watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BunLengthHotDog
Jun 30, 2003

Good Game

KKKLIP ART posted:

Shhhh…

Lanning won’t be UGA’s DC next year, Muschamp can take over…with little or no chance of a head coaching gig luring him away.

Edit: Florida jab notwithstanding of course