Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jordan Davis for Heisman plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Florida is an enigma. After the Alabama game, folks (myself included) thought they had picked up where they left off last year and that Mullen had found a way to patch the holes left by departures last year despite his defense. Florida has out-gained every team they have played this season in total yardage, and yet their record is 4-4. We held them to 161 yards on the ground (Alabama gave up 245, for the record), not adjusted for sacks, and that was their bread and butter this season. It was just brutal. Our offense played like poop and yet it was still a total dismantling. It did sound like Mullen finally gave a self-reflective "I'm just not getting it done" sort of statement, but if he doesn't recruit like he needs to and he keeps himself chained to Grantham, it is going to be hard for them to turn the page.

Mullen attempting the field goal when down 24 points in the second half is a cowards move and that should say everything there is to say about that. 2nd string D let them keep their streak going due to a pretty big PI call that put them at the 1. Stetson threw 2 horrible pics in scoring situations so the score could have been a lot worse, but I think this game shows where Stetson's ceiling is and why despite the national "QB controversy" narrative, they are just trying to get JT healthy and this wasn't the game to throw him into without live practice.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

Only if that DC is a hell of a recruiter

You know, we have this dude on our staff, Will Muschamp. Lots of DC experience in the SEC, was a head coach, already knows south Florida recruiting. Would be a hell of a steal.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

With Patterson leaving, I remember his name being tied to UGA (which in hindsight I think our AD was all about Kirby from the get go) and thinking to myself that with the success he had at the time making TCU really competitive he might have been a good hire to replace Richt after Richt got shown the door. Obviously wouldn’t change it for the world at this point.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

A UGA defensive starter was arrested on suspicion of rape. Immediatly suspended from the team pending result of the investigation, there was no wishy washy phrasing about boys will be boys or anything like that. The fans... They are a different story.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Anderson lawyered up, too, and it sounds like they're doing a full-court press to the media. (Not inferring anything here about innocence or guilt.)

I mean any time the police get involved with literally anything that’s the first thing you should do, again not saying guilty or otherwise; just gives you the best shot at a good defense. I think this is the first big criminal thing to happen since Kirby took over. Not as fun as weed and guns with their numbers filed off #socrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

The real question is how many points could the best NFL team score on UMass in 60min regulation?

220-0 suddenly seems like a reasonable score again