Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

One of the things I have tried to do since taking over from HA is keep an eye on all of the most active threads, and get to know all of the communities posting in TBB. Consequently, while reading the Book spoiler thread for discussing WoT on tv, I have become somewhat intrigued about this whole thing. I think next year I am going to make a point to read a book from most of the larger mega threads to get a better flavor for why you all find these series so good. I assume for WoT its start from the first book or do things start kicking later and a different book would be more representative?

I think you could start from book 2 pretty easily. To me that's where the series really starts and it also has the benefit of being the most complete, stand-alone book in the entire series. If you like it, either read on or go back and read EOTW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU