Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Noxville posted:

If they’ve got a driving licence with that address on it then surely easy enough to just get a locksmith to let you in

Good point - if you're going to all this effort what's a little bit more fraud.

Also, if the reaction of the guy in the article is true:

quote:

"Mr Hall phoned the police, but the builder left and returned with the new owner's father, who said he had bought the terraced house in July, adding: "It is now my property. You are now trespassing. Get out."
then that's a weird reaction, unless you knew what was going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Maybe but they'd also be nervous and suspicious about what was going on and get defensive too with some random dude claiming he owns this house you just legally bought.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

They don't like to be talked back to by the poors.

The entire journalistic and political field is basically a structural "do not @ me" and they absolutely can not deal with the fact that people being able to @ them is now the only way their job will stay relevant.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

the comments are on top

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Journos use twitter like it's their personal facebook, they absolutely have the same brain as retired people posting HI SUSAN WHY DID YOU POST THIS ON MY WALL? JIM in response to ads.

They should all gently caress off and circlejerk on linkedin but they love their numbers.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ok friends get ready for a good one from universal credit.

Sent on a load of additional information, after they had received a work capability assessment form, to the health advisory service in Nottingham.

It’s been two weeks, they say they didn’t receive it and I’m to send it in again.

The tracking information would indicate that this is A Lie.

I tell them who it was for signed by.

Oh what do you know the caseworkers direct number and an email which we are all told does not exist to mail a pdf to.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

learnincurve posted:

Ok friends get ready for a good one from universal credit.

Sent on a load of additional information, after they had received a work capability assessment form, to the health advisory service in Nottingham.

It’s been two weeks, they say they didn’t receive it and I’m to send it in again.

The tracking information would indicate that this is A Lie.

I tell them who it was for signed by.

Oh what do you know the caseworkers direct number and an email which we are all told does not exist to mail a pdf to.

They'll get you next time, gadget!! :argh:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Hmm possibly have a job offer which could be contingent on being in Cambridge a few days a month for reasons (??).

Could anyone speculate on how grim it would be to have to visit there regularly from Dublin? I've actually never been but I'm assuming there's a lot of decentish hotels or short-stay flats because of all the MNCs located there? If works paying the bill it could be fine I guess.

Might be totally unworkable due to people being tax cunts tho

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Just posting this as a baseline for the effect COP26 is definitely not going to have on Glasgow's COVID rate just like the G7 definitely didn't in Cornwall.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

feedmegin posted:

My wife just got approved for Indefinite Leave to Remain :toot:

Also, told she doesn't have to come into the office on Mondays any more because of rising COVID, so, good day for her.

Excellent news, congratulations :)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Hmm possibly have a job offer which could be contingent on being in Cambridge a few days a month for reasons (??).

Could anyone speculate on how grim it would be to have to visit there regularly from Dublin? I've actually never been but I'm assuming there's a lot of decentish hotels or short-stay flats because of all the MNCs located there? If works paying the bill it could be fine I guess.

a few days all in a row? So only one trip back and forth? Otherwise I'm telling Greta.

Stansted to Cambridge on the train is pretty easy. Infact they could put you up at the grotty airport hotels there for cheap.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I cannot imagine how hard this is for people without an appointee.

If you can get one then do so, basically they come round your house and decide if you are capable of dealing with your own benefits. If they agree you can’t then you can pick an appointee who is interviewed and given the role. That person is for all intent and purposes is now you when it comes to the DWP.

From that point on they are calling themselves liars if anyone tries to claim you are able to work and you both get put in a completely different category.

I doubt UC will allow it but with PIP I was the one doing the capability assessment over the phone.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

If you're working in the UK less than 60 days a year it shouldn't be a tax headache.

Would your employer pay for the travel? If so it seems pretty manageable for 2-3 days a month. Only real downside would be the amount of time spent in Stansted, which is a hell place.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Just posting this as a baseline for the effect COP26 is definitely not going to have on Glasgow's COVID rate just like the G7 definitely didn't in Cornwall.

Apart from the Septics, who definitely aren't going to be mixing much with the locals, almost all of the delegates are coming from countries with lower covid rates than the UK. Also going to assume a lot of them will have more than enough natural immunity from all the weird Eyes Wide Shut parties this class all attend.

e: Also G7 happened at the height of the tourist season in Cornwall - I was in Looe at the same time and it was crowded in a way I've never seen any seaside town in the UK, I mean to an extent that made Oxford Street look like the Nullarbor, so blaming the spike there on a bunch of weirdos all ensconced in the same bars and hotels is like blaming a dog pissing in a park for the state of all our rivers at the moment.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 1, 2021

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

:siren: UKMT Solidarity Fund Monthly Update - 1st November 2021 :siren:

Hey everyone, it's me, Tsietisin. I am once again asking for your financial support.

It's been quite the month over October. We have had a fair few applications from several people. The funds have dropped to their lowest amount since the fund began. However when you consider that we have now paid out over £11,000 to people in need, you can understand how much use this has been to so many people. We want to continue the great work we are doing, so if you have something spare and want it to go to others in need, please consider donating.

Don't make me start posting pictures of Goons looking sad with comments like "Just £2 a month can help find a Goon the real life friends they so desperately need"

Even though our reserves are down, do not think that you should hold back on an application if you need help. We want to help as much as we can.

Charity update - Quite an update on this one.

Where we are right now is that we are effectively ready to push the button to finalise the application to the Charity commission. Once that happens we would be a fully fledged charity, with numbers and everything. But before we did that, we wanted to come back to all of you first.

As part of the application, we designate the Trustees of the Charity. However, as it is soon time for the committee to be voted in once more, the likelyhood is that we will bring that forward for the next years committee to be voted upon. Do start having a think now if being a part of the fund would be something of which you would wish to be a part. More details of this will come out as soon as we have more to give.

If you are someone that is in need, no how minor or unimportant you think your need may be, please get in contact. This fund is here to help you with whatever comes your way. If something is causing you stress, pain, worry or physical distress, please get in contact with us. Please do not go hungry or without something because you are of the belief that your pain is not important enough. If there is something in your life that would make things easier, get in touch. Feel free to contact any of the committee if you would like to discuss an issue. All matters are treated in complete confidence.

Anyway, onto the reason that all of you are here.... TO SEE IF I ACCIDENTALLY UPLOAD MY BONDAGE PICS STATISTICS AND GRAPHS

October Stats:

Monthly donations and payouts:

Cumulative donations and payouts:

UKMTSF Data Trends | Record of Activity | Constitution

Donate:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/ukmtsolidarity - :siren: Please do not donate via PayPal for the time being :siren:
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details

Apply:
Application Form
Email Us
PM: AceClown, Fargle (discord only), Maugrim, The DPRK or Tsietisin.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Man something has gone horribly wrong on the pony crags

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

Man something has gone horribly wrong on the pony crags

I mentioned this last month but right now, on the mainland at least, infection rates have a pretty solid inverse relationship with population density:

I still have no idea what it means, but it's definitely *not* a testing artifact - the test positivity rate is still around 3% in all of those boroughs.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Thx for the Cambridge thoughts already people, but probably no need for anyone else to effortpost because I think the idea might already have been nixed by the Big Company HR going "No. :colbert: "

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:toot:

https://twitter.com/markjhooper/status/1455065570559340545

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There will be adequate tinned food.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

gently caress me, I hope that comes with the number for the Samaritans printed on it.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

An incredibly good cause, but, er, maybe not the best way to publicise it:

https://twitter.com/SistersUncut/status/1455166376960745472

Ring's on the wrong finger.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Never been a better time to be a vegetarian.

Oct 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/allforthanookie/status/1453443980973252611

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

but the Baron isn't even really a nonce in the new version ?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I like a big soup, but it is incorrectly named. I'd call it more of a medium stew

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I hope we don't have to dig into our water rations to thin it down like the old Campbells Scotch Broth.

Bless the Maker and his water. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

fuctifino posted:

Exactly this.

I'm genuinely surprised by some of the victim blaming going on here. The guy owned a tiny terraced house, yet he deserved to lose it and all of his possessions because of fraud? WTF?!?

It happens when people take larpy ideas like "eat the rich" a bit too far. Stick to the billionaires people.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/solhugheswriter/status/1454749733390622720?s=21

I mean, we all knew it, but we didn't know know it.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

learnincurve posted:

From that point on they are calling themselves liars if anyone tries to claim you are able to work and you both get put in a completely different category.

The DWP is absolutely capable of this level of dissonance. The judge at my PIP tribunal happily rubber stamped the DWP contradicting themselves between my WCA and PIP assessment

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

It happens when people take larpy ideas like "eat the rich" a bit too far. Stick to the billionaires people.

Puts me in the mind of this tweet

https://twitter.com/Iron_Spike/status/1453905016713011238?s=19

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Failed Imagineer posted:

In the Before Times, I was supposed to attend a weekend set of seminars based in Cambridge in the university buildings in Wilberforce Rd. It was really difficult to find accommodation. Finally booked something via airbnb and then it all got cancelled as the Before Times moved into the Now Times (but I had to just get a voucher not a refund from airbnb because I couldn't prove cancelled travel plans - who organizes travel within the UK in the January for a June trip? I digress._ )

So am just saying, as soon as you have your dates, based on my one example anecdote, start booking your accommodation, unless you could fix up with someone who lives in Cambridge and have some sort of accommodation agreement with them on a private basis?

Ed: nevermind, just saw your post saying HR had nixed it.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 1, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Ed: nevermind, just saw your post saying HR had nixed it.

Still appreciated, I'm having a call with the HR lad tomorrow to tell him to sort himself out, though it will most likely be futile.

Figure I could just sleep on the floor in Stansted like back when I used to fly over for gigs when I was 19. My almost-middle-aged spine would enjoy that I think

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I know someone that runs a dodgy off books Stansted carpark and b and b in their barn if you're interested.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I know someone that runs a dodgy off books Stansted carpark and b and b in their barn if you're interested.

Sounds like the kind of place you have to fight your way out of in the middle of the night.

Do they have stairs in their barn

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Cambridge itself is not a terrible place to be, but commuting there semi-regularly from Dublin sounds a bit horrid. Flying is presumably only a nice experience for people going first class or business class, for everyone else it's extremely tedious and uncomfortable

also as a side note, on the last flight I was on there was almost nobody there, I'd guess about 20% capacity. I moved to a seat that had more leg room because I'm 6 feet tall. An air steward came and told me that I couldn't sit there because it wasn't my seat, despite the fact that there was nobody on that row, and nobody in front or behind the row. The plane had already taken off! He said he'd have to go and ask someone if it was ok. He said it wasn't ok and I said that it was ok and I wasn't going to move, and that was that. utterly stupid exchange really but how have companies destroyed our minds so much :negative:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its because they charge more for those seats and absolutely nothing to do with 'weight distribution on the plane' or any such bollocks that they try and pull.

The extra leg room seats are usually about 10% more than the rest of the cattle class.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/AndyAtLockerbie/status/1455245428723703809

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

serious gaylord posted:

Its because they charge more for those seats and absolutely nothing to do with 'weight distribution on the plane' or any such bollocks that they try and pull.

The extra leg room seats are usually about 10% more than the rest of the cattle class.

This is correct, but also the pilot (and to a lesser extent the flight manager) has full authority to do literally whatever the gently caress they want once the plane is in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I have to have an attendance review meeting on Thursday because I had the temerity to call in sick when my sister had COVID and I developed symptoms five days after contact with her. I'm so loving tired. I work for poo poo pay and my eyesight is failing and I'm so done in with this whole thing. Attendance review meeting! So they can tell me my absence levels are unacceptable and I can go 'well I call in sick when I'm sick' and that's it. That's the whole thing. What a waste. gently caress everything.