Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Mebh posted:

Yeah but squeezy marmite is discontinued so I have to use two butter knives to make a single piece of toast or risk marmite butter contamination.

Extra strong marmite just tastes like super old marmite to me. Not a fan. Wife loves it though.

Lick butter off knife, use same knife in Marmite. It's not as though anything iffy can survive in raw Marmite.

Yes I do live alone, why do you ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

feedmegin posted:

That's what we are doing. Our lease at Dirty Des's pad was up anyway so we've sold up and got a smaller office in Aldgate - it is no longer physically possible to have everyone in 5 days a week even if we wanted to. Plan is basically 2 days a fortnight in for meetings and planning and that only from February. Regular set top box snuggling remains at home from now on.

We were supposed to be going back in Nov for a couple of days a week (and hopefully employ/train up a couple of new 1st-line techs) but that went on hold what with rate spikes, and now we've just been told we've been sold off to a Portuguese company so god alone knows what's next.

On the bright side the one guy we've seen from our new masters seems decent, they seem keen on keeping us as a going local concern, and having a possible bolthole in Europe could come in very handy in the next few years...

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Spangly A posted:

Which paper ran the story about the standards chair investigating Boris, and mogg(?) being asked a pointed question about whether she was loving off after this?

Priti Patel complained about a hostile environment against minorities because a civil servant said you can't put foreigners in a volcano

I would've thought she'd be all for that!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

josh04 posted:

The UK gov is putting a lot of faith in plans that end with "and then they'll look bad!"

More like "keep stringing them along until we can pass this along to the next suckers in office!"

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Boris and Keith having a contest to see who can gently caress up the most

And/or a drinking contest

It's like reverse chicken. Loser has to be PM.