Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Sometimes, if I have too much butter on the knife after spreading my toast, I put it back in the tub even if it has toast crumbs all in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Eating toast with jam as I type this, fight me.

You didn't say as a topping. You might be eating the jam as a side dish.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Can't wait to see the actual wording of that bill

"A person shall be committing an offense if he or she knowingly replies to a tweet that already has 10 or more replies"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

learnincurve posted:

Ok friends get ready for a good one from universal credit.

Sent on a load of additional information, after they had received a work capability assessment form, to the health advisory service in Nottingham.

It’s been two weeks, they say they didn’t receive it and I’m to send it in again.

The tracking information would indicate that this is A Lie.

I tell them who it was for signed by.

Oh what do you know the caseworkers direct number and an email which we are all told does not exist to mail a pdf to.

They'll get you next time, gadget!! :argh:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I made my own First Class flying experience by fashioning a device out of wood that prevented the seat in front of me from reclining :smug: that's all i needed really

e: 7 is the only known number that is equal to 7

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

Honestly the whole idea of meeting people in real life is just odd to me,

goons.txt

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

feedmegin posted:

I am on a quite high London salary

I found a rich! Gettim!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Paper Planes posted:

Hi UKMT

Sorry I'm a big lurker in this thread, but I did want to ask a question in case anyone is knowledgeable about employment law.

During the Christmas period, our company forces us to use our annual leave when the offices are shut down, however I do work in a department that provides support and advice. We have been asked to volunteer to watch our help desk for queries that come through during this time, however I think there is no time in lieu nor compensation offered, being as its in a period that the company has actively forced us to take leave, is this legal? (I have no intention of volunteering, keeping my leave sacred! But it would be useful to know!)

Since you're on annual leave you could simply say you've booked a holiday and will be out of the country and unreachable, and tough poo poo

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

kecske posted:

Ypres Pan

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Blair cannot die. You know this

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Reminds me of Six Chip Twat

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

crispix posted:

wanna know where he gets his eyebrows done

Halfway up his forehead, clearly

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

big scary monsters posted:

More like Julie Bin (what she should get inside of).

Wheelie Bindel

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

stev posted:

'jommomy cromcrom'

This is a whimsical English biscuit from the 1920s isn't it

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

bring all the boys to the yard

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
My office (which can be reasonably described as Extremely Woke) is doing a survey

Is, uh, "underclass" an accepted term? :stare:

E: :siren: Critical Race Theory mentioned :siren: this is literally the first time I've seen it in the wild outside of the internet

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Nov 9, 2021

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
What about the JAMMERS

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I'm happy for someone else to do twitter numbers with it, twit away

I'm not doxxing myself by naming the source though :colbert:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

loving wot

Right I think I'm done. I'm probably the last one out as far as this thread is concerned but I'm finally quitting labour

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
People love getting angry though

Hence this thread :argh:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

The UK does pretty well by perceptions of public sector corruption standards

I'm glad they waited until the yellow was blinding before they switched from white to black font

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I don't normally venture into twitter but the Wellcome Collection has an exhibition that features, among others, this artist, whose art i rather enjoy. I saw this and thought of this thread

https://twitter.com/davidshrigley/status/1449268015770607617

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Nonsense posted:

Wear a poppy for Lowtax.

We remember the fallen (from grace) (and from the top of the stairs, which I assume is how he hosed up his spine)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

keep punching joe posted:

tldr Lowtax spent all his money so his ex and kids would get nothing in the divorce and then shot himself.

:stare:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Chris chan is dead??

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Noxville posted:

Not quite a verbal contract, it was in an email, but yeah before any payment terms had even been mentioned

Payment terms are a two way street. Say you will only pay for it on completion, nothing before, and he will likely gently caress off

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

The Perfect Element posted:

This this this. Just get out ASAP.

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/979810839749210112

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
For maximum cuntness I expect Boris to call an election right after the queen dies and ride the tory oval office patriotism wave to eternal tory oval office leadership

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

sebzilla posted:

She's been having a grand old time on Tinder since Phil died.

Pronouns: We

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
The BBC's head of news has told black staff to get used to hearing news they don't like

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

josh04 posted:

"This is what Princess Diana said we are all waiting for" is some primo Brit-anon, right?

Here in the UK we call it queue-Anon

E: drat I was beat :argh:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

peanut- posted:

I never know if this account is real news or not, but holy poo poo if it is. Someone was seriously going to blow up a maternity hospital?

Islamic state have been blowing up maternity hospitals since before it was cool. There are some extremely hosed up people out there.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Tarnop posted:

Thanks!

So as a follow up question, does anyone have any experience of Prospect as a union? It seems like the closest match to her field

A lot of my office has joined Prospect and we're aiming for union recognition. They have been very involved in this effort. They also provide what seems like an endless stream of zoom seminars on all kinds of workplace topics, often with Q&A sessions.

I can't speak for their 1-on-1 advice though.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

bessantj posted:

From each according to me, to each according to you.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Also, i am an expert on car bombs

We know :smug:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I can't imagine a q-anon nut job being able to build a bomb without (a) being incredibly obvious about it (b) blowing themselves up

Like Al Quaida improvised bomb makers are pretty well trained and even they're missing a few fingers

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Noxville posted:

I mean it didn’t seem a particularly impressive bomb given the cabbie was in the front when it went off and was basically unharmed

Never underestimate the strength of that vomit screen

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

On the plus side if it does get attached to some deranged right wing cause hopefully it makes them less popular.

BREAKING: Bomber is found to be regular Tory party member with no other distinguishing features

CON (+3)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

big scary monsters posted:

e: Apparently Pure Tuber is not formerly Vanced, Vanced is here: https://vancedapp.com/.

This sounds very appealing but I'd like to know more about people's experience of this. So far it's been a faff:

1) first I download the "vanced manager"
2) then i change my phone's settings to install .apk's from unknown sources because it didn't come from the play store
3) then i download something called microG which is apparently necessary but for what i don't know
4) then i download youtube vanced
5) and then - and this is where i get concerned - i have to hand over my google account credentials to sign in to youtube via vanced. How secure is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

loving hell the second he's not a Muslim it's immediately lone wolf mental health issues.

If he spent time in an asylum that does rather point to mental issues, yes