Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

keep punching joe posted:

Also why are grown adults so exercised by being trolled online? Have the never used a forum or newsgroup in the 30 odd years of the mainstream Internet. It's not real just log off you n00bs.

The internet and forums were for anoraks and weirdos sitting at computers until everyone bought smartphones with internet-abled social media apps and suddenly everyone logged on at once without any preparation or understanding.

This is the same reason people act like an account suspension is an un-human-ing civil rights violation and act of censorship that prevents you from doing business and induces destitution. Or as I like to call it: getting banned by mods.

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Did Lowtax seriously loving die on Remembrance Day.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59242195

Am reading comments from some to this article posted on FB - some people are finding the online payment system very complicated (eg you have to book each meal separately and can't pay for half a term in advance for example).

I think this is the head who got into trouble last year for bullying staff.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I don't want to be a massive oval office but my understanding of South Africa's Covid situation is that a) their current Delta rates were low enough that it was easier to displace it, and b) SA has a vaccination rate of 28% 1-dose 23% 2-dose and 72% wholly unprotected. The variations are real and theoretically scary, but in practise we don't know yet since we're in a total opposite situation with 1 million Deltas a month and 12% (excluding 0-12 yo's) wholly unprotected.

Again, the variations are real, but it's running free in a very beneficial environment.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
The speedy reaction to Omicron is extremely welcome but uncharacteristically ott that it being the scapegoat makes total sense. Like a post I made earlier, Omicron's dangers are theoretical: there seems to currently be less than 200 detected worldwide, it's supposed country of origin is barely at 3000 Beta cases a day and 70% of the population are wholly unvaccinated; take that and dump it onto 40,000 Deltas a day with 88% vaccinated and it just seems strange. But welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

TACD posted:

Uhhh ??? This is just a bad joke or ???

There is no Pi variant so yes.