Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I like a big soup, but it is incorrectly named. I'd call it more of a medium stew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Cambridge itself is not a terrible place to be, but commuting there semi-regularly from Dublin sounds a bit horrid. Flying is presumably only a nice experience for people going first class or business class, for everyone else it's extremely tedious and uncomfortable

also as a side note, on the last flight I was on there was almost nobody there, I'd guess about 20% capacity. I moved to a seat that had more leg room because I'm 6 feet tall. An air steward came and told me that I couldn't sit there because it wasn't my seat, despite the fact that there was nobody on that row, and nobody in front or behind the row. The plane had already taken off! He said he'd have to go and ask someone if it was ok. He said it wasn't ok and I said that it was ok and I wasn't going to move, and that was that. utterly stupid exchange really but how have companies destroyed our minds so much :negative:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Just Another Lurker posted:

YT now hides all down votes, i now have to type: "I clicked the DISLIKE button for this vid" every time i dislike a vid.

I wonder how long it takes them to disable posting on vids.

I would guess they won't do that because comments drive traffic and traffic = ad revenue

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

If I were Uk Dictator I'd have Patel incarcerated for inciting violence and hate speech. She really is an appalling creature.
It's quite obvious that any support for Palestinians is going to end up being equated with anti-semitism and end up either with jail or everyone terrified to speak out.

Is any of that stuff really going to hold up in court? Like, criticising Israel in a non AS way still gets labeled AS by bad faith actors and/or idiots, but in a legal setting surely most accusations would fall apart. Maybe I'm being naive, but I think that if something genuinely is not antisemitic then it should be fairly easy to defend as such if the trial is fair

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

jaete posted:

Why would it not hold up in court? What is the judge gonna do, will they say ok let's look at the constitution... oh wait, there isn't one... where it explicitly guarantees freedom of speech.... oh no wait, it doesn't really... and also there's a lot of case law saying that this freedom of speech is very broad and protects all kinds of unpopular political opinions especially... or is there? Probably isn't

Mate, this is the UK, what are you on about

Because accusations of antisemitism against non-antisemitic statements aren't logically coherent, I guess? They don't have to be for the poo poo to stick when it comes to smearing politicians in the media, but if actually scrutinised that should be apparent in many cases