Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Can't wait to see the actual wording of that bill

"A person shall be committing an offense if he or she knowingly replies to a tweet that already has 10 or more replies"

"A person shall be committing an offense if he or she knowing replies to a tweet without any substantial contribution to the discussion."

:emptyquote:

On the plus side if it's ever enforced it'll kill Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Antinumeric posted:

My mum was talking to me about this in the car after listening to some Fraud show on the radio last week. Apparently the picture used was of someone he didn't know, and they think it's happened to a few other people.

Quick read online suggests that most of the victims are landlords.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Was this before or after the subject of that article published their Final Solution to the Trans Problem?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

Always reassuring to know that even if I try very hard I do not think I can manage to be that much of a fuckup this late in life.

Don't worry he managed it after pocketing nearly half a mil for these dead gay forums.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Red Oktober posted:

It’s astounding by design? that an individual can just delete notes with no backup or even just an audit log to show “it said this and now it says that”.

The logs are there to gently caress you up if (and only if) you get caught or piss someone else off up the food chain.

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Nov 13, 2021

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

smellmycheese posted:

Geller possibly one of the few people on earth who is a bigger bullshitter than Johnson

Isn't Urigeller a Pokemon of some sort?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
I recall a long and passionate derail about the morality of the plod running down the scooterthieves and forcibly dismounting them.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Payndz posted:

It's not like Steve Jobs' Reality Distortion Field where he could talk even people opposed to him into doing what he wanted;

A shame it worked on his oncologist and not the tumour!

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jippa posted:

Have you guys heard of "tattle"?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/24/people-nasty-as-hell-on-there-battle-close-tattle-most-hate-filled-corner-web

I'm pretty online but I knew nothing about it. I suppose I never really use instagram or whatever. Even so, I thought it was odd it had just completely missed me.

Thought that was kiwifarms tbh

Dabir posted:

Food shortage? No no no. What we have here is an overpopulation crisis. But don't worry folks, we can turn that problem into a solution. Hope everyone likes white meat!

*Brown meat. Everyone on the boat draws straws. Short straw gets asylum, the rest off to the corpse starch factory.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Dunno about noncing but I'd be *astonished* if there's not an island full of organ-banks somewhere out there, given the obsession multiple billionaires have with life-extension and immortality.

The Island is a more likely scenario since we don't have the tech to keep complex organs alive for more than a few hours/days at most so leaving them in a cloned body would be easiest. For the simple stuff you wouldn't really need a custom grown human when pig and cow are right there.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

keep punching joe posted:

Human cloning will be mainstream as soon as its more cost effective to run organ island than simply harvest organs from state dissidents.

You need healthy, un-abused dissidents tho. Which billionaire is going to pay for the kidneys of some malnourished guy in a gulag?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

It's time we re-examined our obligation to journalists, IMO.

I said it before but before you qualify as a journalist you should be sent off to some suitably oppressive hellhole and asked to write something nasty about the local big man.

If you survive you pass.

Hard mode for distinction - write something nice about Jaromy Croblyn.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

Mainly posting this because holy hell, he's put on weight. He's got a proper pear-shaped face now. Genuinely astonishing how fast his personal appearance has gone downhill.

https://twitter.com/keir_starmer/status/1464988311337029646?s=21

People forget how calorie dense ethanol is. Chugging vodka is like chugging liquidised sausage by volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Borrovan posted:

strains of flu have literally been going extinct

my 10 week old has slept through the night since day 1. Insisted on doing it on my chest for the first week or 2 mind, but I feel like I've won the lottery & look forward to my karmic punishment

Covid has nuffin on baby plague when they start going to nursery.

We need a study where someone does these things while under the influence of various substances.

Who knew LSD + cocaine would make the AI think you were a fantastic applicant?

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 30, 2021