Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Sometimes, if I have too much butter on the knife after spreading my toast, I put it back in the tub even if it has toast crumbs all in it.

Broken Britain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Anyone capable of paying so little attention to a house that it can be sold and them not notice for over three months deserves everything they get imo

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

fuctifino posted:

Exactly this.

I'm genuinely surprised by some of the victim blaming going on here. The guy owned a tiny terraced house, yet he deserved to lose it and all of his possessions because of fraud? WTF?!?

Yeah fair enough, I read the article consistently saying "house" and not "home" and jumped to landlord bastard conclusions.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

TACD posted:

What the gently caress is an infinity toilet

It's where the piss goes right up to the rim of the bowl so it looks like there's piss all the way to the horizon when you're in it.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Suspended sentence and 200 hours of community service for Claudia Webbe. Also expelled from the Labour Party (having previously lost the whip)

Recall petition automatically triggered if she doesn't appeal (or fails an appeal) I think.

Lots of by-elections lining up.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/FreeNorthNow/status/1456547555614003201

tl;dr Labour owes this guy £185 because he claimed they "mis-sold" him membership by not trying to win the 2017 election and they didn't bother contesting it

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

stev posted:

There's also Dr Cox in Scrubs.

Yeah but his name is Percival, not Brian

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

My office (which can be reasonably described as Extremely Woke) is doing a survey

Is, uh, "underclass" an accepted term? :stare:

E: :siren: Critical Race Theory mentioned :siren: this is literally the first time I've seen it in the wild outside of the internet

You could do some numbers on Twitter with that poo poo.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1458541727061577732?t=ggdxdXGbub60uk_uvyaAUg&s=19

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Had the honour of meeting Lowtax once at a charity do. He was unsurprisingly disappointing and very unfunny.

From the Sun article:

"Another simply wrote: "Had the pleasure of meeting Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.""

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Leyburn posted:

Nice for him to be involved in at least one funny thing on the internet in the past 20 years.

Gaming Garbage or whatever his youtube thing was called was fun when it was him and Shmorky falling through level geometry of terrible games made by idiots.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

If I know anything about synods it's that being dead never prevented anyone from attending before.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

radmonger posted:

Sounds more like the work of the trains agenda.

Welcome to tiny tran world, Winston

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/alexnunns/status/1459206421489360898

Receipts

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/zarahsultana/status/1459232761320030222?s=20

Genuinely heartwarming stuff

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Lungboy posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1459812319760900096?s=20

How does a 93? year old with servants to do everything for her sprain her back?

She's been having a grand old time on Tinder since Phil died.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

Just realized something.

Do the British know why Eastern Europe has a tradition of putting rugs up on the walls?

So that when you shoot the eye with your hook shot and it rotates the corridor you still have something to walk on

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Tarnop posted:

Thanks!

So as a follow up question, does anyone have any experience of Prospect as a union? It seems like the closest match to her field

I'm a Prospect rep (very new and as yet untrained but still) and they're/we're alright!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

"The villain of the piece is Stanley Johnson.

Bower portrays him as an absent father and violent husband, who punched his wife so hard he broke her nose. Johnson Snr is faithless and a creep: in the parched summer of 1976, he told the family’s two au pairs that the water shortage made washing clothes impossible and therefore they would have to follow the lead set by him and his wife and walk around naked, which they duly did. Naturally, Stanley began sleeping with one of the two young women, in full knowledge of his children."

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Perfectly timed to make Starmer's speech he's just made at least 90% redundant

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

That actually is a shame because acapella motorbikes could have rivalled the current world champions of riddly diddly

Incredible.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Its 7am dude I'm not reading all that

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Prospect are a union for melty white collar professionals.

Don't do me like this, man

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Normal media, normal country

https://twitter.com/BareLeft/status/1461990423598092288?t=Y7qGDJH9qPA_SVPzohH3eQ&s=09

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

feedmegin posted:

Even if true (and yes it certainly is to some extent, something something that proverb about anyone young voting Tory has no heart and anyone old voting Labour has no head or however it goes) - a) I'm not sure it was /this/ polarised; about 80% of olds vote Tory/Brexit these days and b) the Boomer generation is a thing and there are a lot of them and c) the things that make people vote Tory (like owning houses) are concentrated in them.

Politics will be interesting in about 10-20 years when the Boomers actually die off/go senile in significant numbers. Til then we're hosed and by we I mean more or less the entire First World at the very least; I don't know enough about e.g. India to comment on the age gap and its politics there.

(Also d) retirees ALWAYS vote at higher rates than people of working age, because they have poo poo else to do. This also is true going back decades)

The strongest voting correlation is with wealth and always has been iirc. It just so happens that older people tend to have more of it, so that tracks pretty strongly too.

Therefore, we can solve all of our problems by simply killing aggressively redistributing wealth from the rich.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Tarnop posted:

before you get to spend a penny

Old people wee quite a lot though I think

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

DarkCrawler posted:

Why does watching Trump elicit hate in me, but watching Johnson elicits pity and slight concern? Is it just the accent? Like every time, every time I watch him speak it is "Oh no, why isn't this person's caretaker stopping him from doing this?"

I'm the opposite. Trump is funny because at least it's not my idiot country that he's in charge of and he's basically just a shitposter. Also the liberal handwringing if he wins again will be incredible.

Johnson is just depressing when we could have had an actually good PM for the first time in my life.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Barry Foster posted:

Am I crazy for being suspicious?

No, I would a) not give strangers my wifi password and b) always lock my door if I were you.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

just trebuchet the cars across and catch them on the other side in a big net

Just build a big ramp and jump the river

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

just upload your consciousness, explode the car on one side of the river, 3d print a new one on the other side and insert yourself into the usb port on the other side

Just the first step and the final two to work out now, Elon

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I can't believe it's still Tuesday

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

So you're telling me Durham *doesn't* offer modules in fuckonomics and pimpology? drat, better fix my UCAS form.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1464005004059103232?t=PjZEbJ3qmjTeCEiG4kwcIA&s=19

Local election but Labour are so toxic 81% of the people that could vote didn't. Labour voters staying home.

Clearly *checks notes* Knutton is a hotbed of extremist woke leftism and it's good that they're no longer a part of the Labour project.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Bankschat and boatnamechat in one day, but no crossing of the streams?

Unusual.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Ataxerxes posted:

That was fun to do in Eve, name your ships things like Insubstantial, Inperceivable, Incoherent, Inconstant and so on.

Inconceivable
Indistinguishable
Inch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Lib Dem skills wallets?