Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

What happens if I reply to a tweet calling someone a bellend and then later they get piled on?

Am I responsible for the conduct of other correctly-minded anti-bellends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Just posting this as a baseline for the effect COP26 is definitely not going to have on Glasgow's COVID rate just like the G7 definitely didn't in Cornwall.

Man something has gone horribly wrong on the pony crags

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Good thing Labour are around to capitalise on this humiliating climbdown aye https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1456214017115099137

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol the Beeb spoke to Peter Bone who voted to save Patterson and they opened the interview with how violent thugs vandalised his office (by writing "tory sleeze" over the front of it) and how it reminds him of how they sent "a picture of my son being executed" before finally moving on to his vote and why he did it after the sympathy barrel had been thoroughly filled.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

peanut- posted:

How much of this was him coming out swinging last night calling the report a fabrication and for the committee to resign. What a loving idiot.

I think some of it is just the fash rags not having any labour MPs to fuckbarrel and sniffed blood in the water here

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

So they just thought the media and electorate were going to handwave away flagrant and blatant corruption. Then shat themselves when The Mail called them out on it? They’re really that loving stupid?

what about all of this *waves hands over past 11 years* made you think these people have a brain cell between them

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think people forget that the Mail is pro-Tory sure but that's because it's fascist. When their party of choice is in power then fascists do what they always do when in power: shrink the in-group. Patterson was the chosen outsider and not for any particular reason they just need someone to hate.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hot drat his wife was found hanged on his birthday last year. Either she chose a powerful gently caress-you to him on the way out or someone's lying about her choosing to die.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Spangly A posted:

Not to get fully into it, but the circumstances strongly support the presence of ideation and a degree of preparation for an extended time. I don't think you can easily support any argument against a premeditated suicide.

We could speculate on whether it meant something, or we could laugh that an absolute piece of poo poo has just lost the last vestiges of his previous life and credibility because the Mail were bored.

Probably just a gently caress-you to him then.

And gently caress you Owen Patterson indeed. Eat poo poo loser

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think Vim Fuego is one of those TBEU-adjacent satire accounts.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Actually looking through it it seems he's earnest about everything else. Reverse Poe's Law strikes again

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Can't believe the whole UK is having a minute's silence just for Lowtax today.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

big scary monsters posted:

This is genuinely good advice, I just searched "Chris Chan" and the news story previews were enough that I regret it without reading any further.

lol he said he was deadly serious because yes, the rabbit hole went way deeper and darker than anyone thought in the early days

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

stev posted:

I haven't dived into it but one of the top results on Google is a Daily Mail terfbait article which was... Unexpected.

Yeah she's Christine Chandler now. Has been for over half a decade now I believe?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Observed the two minute's silence and I have to say, viewers, that war is not poggers.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/ArmAndUnionize/status/1458672341907648515

gently caress, him turning to pigpoopballs got me

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jedit posted:

Prince Andrew keeps his job but is now billed as The Under-18 Taker.

:vince:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

It looks as though he reacts automatically to the bang, walks in slowly to see what's actually going on, then picks up speed, perhaps in response to the driver shouting or calling for help.

Pretty sensible reaction to the completely unexpected.

Yeah my interp was "walked to see wtf happened, runs after seeing someone needing help"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Solefald posted:

"Cosmic Scousers"

poo poo name they should call themselves LiverQool

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

I also love how much the Tories are infighting over Chope. Just look at that strong stability and party unity... lmao

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1460621336234147844

New generation of Tories suddenly realising their party is 90% shrivelled old evil cunts

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/status/1460893292833423360?t=4WxJ-Q_wxZJ59JU4PiJ5GQ&s=19

Brexit seems to be a continued onslaught of annoyances and frustration until everything explodes

Pretty sure this is actually in protest of Section 75 tbh

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

The 9 Insulate Britain protesters have been sentenced to 3-4 months each in prison apart from this guy:

https://twitter.com/rachaelvenables/status/1460593839295582212

.... who was given 6 months for some inexplicable reason.

[standing in court naked] your honour, if you do not slam me in the clink I will poo poo on this floor here and now and I warn you I've had nothing but chilli for four weeks

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol PMQs was pretty spicy today

Starms pressed back on the government corruption and when Johnson tried to be like WELL WHAT ABOUT YOU the speaker stopped him, multiple times, before finally saying he was bringing the house into disrepute. BBC News afterwards was shocked at how unusual it was for Hoyle to interject himself into house business and this implied that Johnson was being a right oval office.

also johnson accidentally it seems said he'd release all documents related to the Raddox(?) contract, having presumably just meant to say those documents cleared them of wrongdoing

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A better idea of a neutral term is immigration. Racists see it as an existential threat, normal people see it as neutral or good.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

radmonger posted:

I don’t find that massively persuasive, to be honest. The key quote is ‘anti-colonialism is not genocide’. What is that supposed to mean other than ‘they were the good guys, so therefor cannot have done bad things’? And then there is a lot of emphasis on a census which showed lots of white people alive in one city in 1804, while not seeming to see any need so show they were _still_ alive in 1805. When the claim of historians like Girard is that the massacres were not spontaneous but specifically ordered city-by-city.

But ok, you do find it persuasive, and so think it didn’t happen. Why is it you feel the need to disagree with me, who quite frankly doesn’t have any kind of invested opinion on this ? But not with the person who thinks the genocide definitely happened and definitely was a good thing?

Do you really see both arguments as two sides of the same coin?

Either outright state your views on the Haitian revolution and who exactly you're accusing of killing what ethnic or social groups, or, preferably, shut the gently caress up.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nationalised sausages would absolutely be better as PM than Johnson.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Spangly A posted:

Doesn't that mean Israel are providing material support to a proscribed organisation

Crimes are good when Israel do them.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

What he was supposed to do: make Labour pro-Remain no matter what.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol that Boris cucked that Sun oval office and then this enters the news

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Whiny git that's the proper experience https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1462721809548251138?s=20

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

All these absolute vultures claiming boris is looking and sounding poo poo but he's the loving picture of health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I don't know if this has been posted but it's too glorious to risk it being missed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h10pd7vDytg