Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Shyrka posted:

"I never thought the leopards would eat my face!"
Lol holy poo poo theres no connection between actions and consequences for these people is there? Literally blackballing oposition MPs for years, then fucks off out of the party and expects to be treated differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I work in customer service/tech support for an american company and if a customer ever starts threatening legal action I have to tell them to contact our legal department and put the phone down.

Getting angry with front line agents rarely changes anything, they're following the policies and procedures they're told to and by asking them to bend the rules for you you're asking them to risk their job. Try to escalate to a manager, if they can't/won't help google the company and directly email someone higher up the chain.

I had a problem last christmas with Sony that their support were completely unwilling to help with but it got sorted out realky quickly and easily after we sent an email explaining the situation to whoever it is that gets the messages sent to the CEO of customer service's public email.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Has anyone ever actually said what bad stuff they thought Corbyn would have done to Jewish people once he was in power? Its so fun watching everyone get into the academic weeds over israel and zionism and historical claims while the Tories privatise the NHS, stamp all over LGBT rights and feel safe announcing that they'll drown migrants in the chanel.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Fuuuck its infuriating watching the BBC news about the migrant deaths. The home secutary was literally suggesting we let people drown just a few weeks ago, feels very relevant right now but ofc they won't bring that up.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
It is fun seeing Keir fans try and twist yet another lost election as proof that their guy is the most electable person in the world. I'm not sure what 'redkipper' means but if its what it sounds like on the tin theres FBPEs arguing that starmer doesn't want to win over brexit voters now which is amazing.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSIhX-VWhtQ

I mean I'd prefer Bowie to Nu Metal but I think this new variant should reconsider its relationship with to the disgraced Auteur videogame director David Cage.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Tarnop posted:

Quantic Dream was (and probably still is) riddled with abuse
Yep.

Its really bizzare honestly, like how do you simultaneously make self important 'cinematic' games where the player is the 'director' and has full control over how gently or forcefully you choose to open cupboards, but also apparently scream at your staff about your games 'not being for F*gs'? I found his games facinating when all we knew was that he was a kinda skeezy Wiseau level 'Auteur' that somehow got famous actors and David Bowie to put their names to his crap, but just yuck to all that stuff now.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

NotJustANumber99 posted:

the process of digitising a person's likeness pretty much guarantees that. there was an interesting story recently, for me at least, that jet li dropped out of the original matrix sequels when he realised that they would be "capturing" his movements and able to replicate and apply what he considered his long worked upon, unique abilities to any physical model.
Do you think when they made the matrix the first step was to create a fully nude model of keanu reeves?

They didn't do a full 3d scan and motion capture of Eliot Page, an actor who famously has never appeared nude in a movie. They scanned their face then decided that the body they made for the shower scene needed textured nipples added despite there being zero reason to include them.

Also yes its loving sus that Cage, a man who claims to have an album full of childhood photos of page, was in a position to request that the model be made that way.

Also given that he came out recently it seems especially horrible thing to do. Page was probably suffering gender disphoria and they essentially included a nude poser model of them in the game files. even if it wasn't intended to be seen thats really lovely and unprofessional.

Mr Phillby fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 27, 2021

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol nice.

I just wonder how coldwar steve's works don't fall foul of the same issues?
Because people have eyes and brain and can tell the difference between a topical satirical photo collage and a targeted image that basically boils down to 'Mr Corbyn suports blowing up hospitals' with zero satirical bent based around a story with no connection to Corbyn in the slightest.

Like if you're a politician don't share doctored pictures of other politicians you don't like supporting awful crimes its not hard

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I'm not really sure how to respond to that question?

Do you think the problem is anything to do with people believing the picture is real lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

crispix posted:

i would vote for that googly eyed thing b/c i would go for a pint with that googly eyed thing
That sounds really boring