Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

That brings back memories alright. :dumbbravo:

On the plus side it's in Newtownards... nobody would have noticed if it was in Larne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I hope we don't have to dig into our water rations to thin it down like the old Campbells Scotch Broth.

Bless the Maker and his water. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Death & Taxes... don't they understand?!?!? :byodood:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Don't they have to as part of some of the existing food agreements?

Like "non-EU salt and pepper" isn't a marketing thing, it's saying "this can't be sold in the EU without further checks" rather than "100% guaranteed that a Dutchman hasn't touched this salt and pepper with his disgusting Euro hands"

It's usually printed on the back with the list of ingredients.... not slobbered all over the front as an advertisement.

That looks deliberately anti EU, from my view at least. :shrug:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Roll on the reunification of Ireland.... these ones are driving me bonkers so i need a new set of corrupt politicians to get angry at. :argh:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

When they turn green they can flog them off as St Patricks memorial pizzas! :rolleyes:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I bought a Rocket Stove back in 2019 (a camping model off Amazon), i have yet to use it but from what i've read and seen on internet it creates very little smoke due to combustion of the gasses given off.

Might have to do a trial run in case the UK collapses into rolling blackouts this winter.

edited for more info.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

They can be very touchy about the fuel-air mix and wood moisture content. If you run them on dry chopped sticks they're fine once they're hot, but I've seen them mostly decide to make thick wet smoke before.

Good to know, i've got a lot of wind but unfortunately also a lot of wet sticks, i'll store some to dry out for future use. :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

crispix posted:

they prefer all the irish stuff: green and big harps and that one curly font and that

murals of lads with big hair who died of state killings and eating disorders

Coleraine has lads who died for strange reasons as well and Union Jacks and Israeli flags and UVF flags.... Scottish flags have gone out of favour for some reason (i wonder why j/k). :rolleyes:

Let them stay on their poles and let the wind and time do their job on them... it's surely no concern of mine.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Guy from my small Irish hometown arrested for threatening to kill a British MP. Sadly, it was a female Labour MP, wonder which one

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/1106/1258303-man-arrested-cork-british-mp/

There is a non-zero chance I know this guy, have a couple of suspects in mind

Never underestimate the stupidity of the human mind; see Brexit voters.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Had to google which oval office of a Cox you we're talking about....... please be more specific.

edit: it was actor Cox.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

fuctifino posted:

I hope Boris loses his hair soon. He'll then look like the fascist dicator he so wants to be.

Benito appears to have lost his godly jawline.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

My revulsion for Johnson knows no bounds. He is unspeakably unspeakable. ^^ this comment is unrelated to the comment above, I've been working on how many words for vile I can come up with to describe it, the thing, for some minutes now.

I have to admit that i go full: "ending them and all their siblings genetic line" when i think of Tory MPs.... but those are just daydreams.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Your avatar is my reaction to this.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Don't know how the gently caress people who do 12 hour days regularly manage it, I'm loving knackered.

Did it for 19 years, now i do nothing and am all the happier for it (not on the dole, just "retired").

Best wishes to all those in the medical field who work even longer than i ever did.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Surprise T Rex posted:

I... think we've forgotten.

Very much so.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, I was just scrolling through Novara a few minutes ago and was wondering to myself what actual benefit I'd get from watching any more of their stuff.

A few others that i watch/watched have turned into copy & paste click merchants, "A Different Bias" is probably the sanest one i still watch.
Though even he does the odd bit of deflection.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

edit: Dave Lee Travis is not dead.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Nov 11, 2021

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Always an interesting phenomenon that the Irish republic gives no shits for Remembrance day, despite 200k Irish (>5% of the total Irish population at the time) volunteering to fight.

Actually the whole phenomenon of shame and secrecy that surrounds the Irish who fought and which remains to the present day is pretty weird in general. Still better than poppyfucking tho

A Rebellion followed by a Civil War will mess people up for a long time.... and grudges tend to be held and passed on to younger generations, for good or ill.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I have to say that Scottish Unionists are a particularly deranged offshoot of the gammon species, and they seem to be getting louder and louder.

We can loan you some DUP if you would like? :maga:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Do NI unionists also freak out about Gaelic road signs or is that just a :scotland: obsession?

They have that as one of the signs of the Apocalypse, they really messed up local government trying to make sure no alternate language signs appeared.

So you are not alone.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

YT now hides all down votes, i now have to type: "I clicked the DISLIKE button for this vid" every time i dislike a vid.

I wonder how long it takes them to disable posting on vids.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

'Now i realise how you managed to get Brexit done'.... this might just be the funniest sentence i've heard all year. :bighow:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I don't think that works the way they think it works. :ohdear:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

sebzilla posted:

She's been having a grand old time on Tinder since Phil died.

That reminds me of an old Frankie Boyle joke that i won't repeat as it was rather haunting. :rolleyes:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

If the Queen is dead, how long is the current paper money valid for?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Also how the *gently caress* do people browse YT without an adblocker?

No sane person does.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Among a close group of people that would have been real nasty, thankfully it wasn't a car bomb like the Remembrance Day bombing in Enniskillen back in 1987.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

fuctifino posted:

But yeah, if it was the remembrance day service that was targeted, it could very easily be the start of Irish republican action on the mainland, due to the tearing up of the GFA.

Can't see them doing anything preemptive, and current SF policy is to sit back and let the DUP accelerate reunification instead. :magical:

If an enforced border is implemented here i honestly have no idea what will happen as regards a republican response.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Is it weird that i don't trust the security of phones?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

They are claiming they cannot find someone to supply them a bread roll in Northern Ireland lol.

'They are unwilling to pay a higher price for the bread rolls' would be my take on things.

Regarding here in N.I. things look to be fairly good, we won't starve and the food selection is still better than i had available in the 1970s.

I'll take some pork, leek & honey sausages from McAtamney's Butchers over any imported ones from the UK every single time. :colbert:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Lungboy posted:

Frost openly admitted this in a panel recently, weirdly not widely covered.

I downloaded and saved that whole meeting. :agesilaus:

You're damned right it wasn't covered, they were discussing things without any 'spin' and you don't want the general public to see that if it can be avoided.

edit:

big scary monsters posted:

Thank you for the additional Article 16 explanations! So it sounds like the status quo (in this limited aspect) is basically fine for people in NI in practical terms, but ideologically unacceptable to the Conservative and Unionist Party and their political allies?

That's a valid assessment.

Things were good without the border.... nobody cared too much and we just lived our lives.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Nov 16, 2021

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

crispix posted:

the tide has a'turned and they are pretending it is the 1970s

why do people keep pretending it's the 1970s, the loving bins are okay and they have been for 50 years

It will ALWAYS be 1690 for them, do i laugh or cry when i say that? :confused:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

The tories are openly coming for Johnson by putting his sex pest dads antics on record.

And I think Johnson is swinging back with his stuff about banning paid consultancies as he knows it will play extremely well while massively disadvantaging his obvious successors.

It's like watching people desperately fighting for survival on a sinking ship, but in this case they are fighting each other for the biggest cabins instead of the liferafts. :sigh:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

I would unironically support a Labour government making Boris Johnson stateless.

Send him back to where he came from; Turkey.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

fuctifino posted:

Boris is starting to lose his voice, is starting to cough and is sniffing too.

Is it wrong to enjoy watching him suffer?

I still have a picture of Dominic Cummings leaving No.10 last xmas as the wallpaper on my laptop, revel in the suffering of unworthy politicians.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nice clip, my pic was the one of him with being ushered out the front door at night carrying his belongings in a box, it's quite festive tbh. :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Worth a read if you want to revel in the upcoming self-destruction of The Thing In No 10

John Crace piece:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/17/empty-benches-at-pmqs-amid-fury-at-johnsons-inability-to-do-one-job

Boris doesn't have colleagues, only people he has yet to sacrifice.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Convex posted:

Hello UKMT. I took a break from UK news for a few weeks so have no idea what's going on at the moment. Hope everyone's ok :)

Welcome back. :)

My thought for the week: Enjoy the Brexit, because the Rejoin will be terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Private Speech posted:

Rejoin is not happening any time soon, because there's no way EU would allow the UK to keept the same optoits foru euro, budget contributions, schengen borders and visas, bespoke family reunion and permanent residence rules, etc.

Strict adherence to the Copenhagen Criteria is my wish if a rejoin is ever tried.... no more little side deals.