Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

sebzilla posted:

Anyone capable of paying so little attention to a house that it can be sold and them not notice for over three months deserves everything they get imo

Hard to disagree, but who has a holiday home in Luton?

They were doing him a favour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

Flayer posted:

Sadly sounds like someone who knew this guy personally committed this fraud. They knew he'd be away from home for a significant period of time and were able to get all his documentation. Almost certainly had access to the house. It will turn out its his brother or something that's done this.

My mum was talking to me about this in the car after listening to some Fraud show on the radio last week. Apparently the picture used was of someone he didn't know, and they think it's happened to a few other people.

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

When I went to the States it was about an extra 200 quid for "Economy Plus", which is basically business class but not quite (in fact it was less than that because I had extra baggage with all my bike gear and got two bits of carry-on so I didn't have to risk my crash helmet in the hold, but I can't remember what the charges for that were).

Anyway as far as I'm concerned it was worth every bloody penny because the standard Economy seats, even on Virgin, have the same pitch as the top deck of a London bus and even my stumpy little legs are cramped there. gently caress knows how anyone can cope with that for an 8 hour flight, let alone the even less room you get on the budget carriers.

I think the KLM "business class" from London City to Amsterdam used to be the funniest though, because the little planes were configured as all business class and the only difference I could see is the business class people got a copy of the FT on their seats - everything else was identical.

I traveled to the States in economy about 10 years ago, somehow economy plus was absolutely rammed, and there were about 12 people in economy. We all slept lying across seats in the middle aisle. The plus plebs couldn't see us due to the curtain.

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

ThomasPaine posted:

I don't understand the shopping trolley emoji in this tweet

He uses it to mean Boris Johnson