Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Lol, imagine being that dude, you buy yourself a nice new house, all excited about what the future holds.

The next day youre national news for stealing a poor old vicar's home and all your new neighbours hate you.

I guess chances are he's a landlord so the thread's hate can be transferred over to him instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Maybe but they'd also be nervous and suspicious about what was going on and get defensive too with some random dude claiming he owns this house you just legally bought.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

the comments are on top

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Hmm possibly have a job offer which could be contingent on being in Cambridge a few days a month for reasons (??).

Could anyone speculate on how grim it would be to have to visit there regularly from Dublin? I've actually never been but I'm assuming there's a lot of decentish hotels or short-stay flats because of all the MNCs located there? If works paying the bill it could be fine I guess.

Might be totally unworkable due to people being tax cunts tho

a few days all in a row? So only one trip back and forth? Otherwise I'm telling Greta.

Stansted to Cambridge on the train is pretty easy. Infact they could put you up at the grotty airport hotels there for cheap.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I know someone that runs a dodgy off books Stansted carpark and b and b in their barn if you're interested.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

do you get booze though?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

After nearly missing a flight out of Southampton (for which I got a South West Train but they’re shite) I religiously stick to 90 mins through the door now

I think he meant how many days can i spend pissed in the free bar for before my flight?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I had an awful experience in the BA lounge at I dunno gatwick? a while ago

All this free booze just sitting there, but it was 5:45 or something in the morning and I had to drive a car at the other end.

Actually I don't think I had to drive a car, just be alive and get on trains and stuff. Still awful

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Wizard Master posted:

What are your blokes thoughts on this

You better watch out

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fuctifino posted:

I know we shouldn't be surprised by stuff like this, but... loving lol...
https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1455256753084502020

OK but how long will he be spending in the airport lounge?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

There's https://seatfrog.com/ for the trains, maybe other ways to do it too. Where you can sort of cheekily upgrade for cheap at the last minute sometimes.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

So they've finished in Scotland then have they? That was quick.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Staple them on

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

What about rugby?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Perhaps, but what about all the people who criticised it for other reasons? Like to do with the lady that's now had a massive meltdown.

I dunno who John McManus is though. His wife on Britain's got talent?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

I see that this threads favorite Billionaire was in the news yesterday.

For those who hadn't seen it, this is basically it.

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1455182049552314378?s=20

My response: WHY DON'T YOU PUT THE WHOLE WORLD IN AN EXPLODING CAR, ELON?

So Elon offers to do a good thing... and thats a bad thing. OK

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Spangly A posted:

Elon has a long history of offering to do good things and here are the total listed results of those offers ;

Amazing electric cars
A revolution in personal car ownership
Access to space for non government agencies
i dunno like paypal or whatever

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

We all seem on much the same page

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Cmon man, y'know he didn't do any of those things. All he can do is get divorced, smoke weed and lie

Sounds alright to me

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Cmon man, y'know he didn't do any of those things. All he can do is get divorced, smoke weed and lie

Lol, I dunno about all the other stuff and I literally couldnt give a poo poo about elon.

But the tesla is a great car and is absolutely forcing the agenda in modern cars. Like the VW id3 etc, all these other cars that are basically what every car manufacturer is going to be doing for the next 10 years. Tesla made them do that... even then they might not have caught up, I mean they will because they have to cos the tesla infrastructure can't support them all

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Random Integer posted:

He's not offering to do a good thing though. He is refusing to do a good thing unless someone can prove the good thing is good according to his own undefined standards, via a Twitter thread.

I think its the same thing we all do. Make my money count and i'll spend it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I mean it is. If you wanted to spend 50k on a bmw or whatever. The tesla is in my opinion a better car. I've had it over two years now and it absolutely is.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol yeah soz

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tesla made the killer app of electric cars.

Sales figures support that and now everyone is realising it can be done and trying to catchup.

They need to focus on matching tesla's infrastructure but because they're dumbass car makers they think the answer is make it a touch screen apple car.

Me da has the skoda enyaq which is a slightly better done vw and its great. Theyre as good as they are because of tesla. But now they need to think and compete and I'm not sure theyre up to it right now

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

andyf posted:

put a ton of controls behind a stupid slow unresponsive touchscreen

Yeah. it can't ever be this. As soon as you notice a touchscreen... it s no good

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I agree. But look at the tesla charging infrastructure and tell me what you think

they invested in infrastructure! imagine a society that does that!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol tesla paying teir taxes is the difference between good and bad? Do they pay less tax than anyone else? I imagine as an actual product producer they probably pay tax a bit? Dunno

Well if you believe that every electric car is a waste of time because they've transferred their energy generation to fossil fuels elsewhere then OK, but I disagree.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fuctifino posted:

What do I think about a closed access charging network

AHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I assure you pretty much everything I say about teslas is true. But yes, this thread don't need to be all about that.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Shame that insulate Britain crowd didn't head up to Scotland and glue themselves to the m8 Infront of biden's beast. Also when Scotland becomes independent will they rename the m8 the M1?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Paterson isn't clear yet. He's being referred to the new committee setup to handle these sorts of things. A committee run by his mates.

I'm surprised "Labour party loses touch with its members" is such big news.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 4, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

From that article:

one BBC source posted:

One BBC source said the broadcaster has received 4,819 complaints about the article but a further 5,520 people wrote in to note their approval of the piece.

so literally:

Angepain posted:

As we all know the way you tell if you've done a bigotry is to put the emails you get on each side of a scale and see which pile is heavier

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol, I wonder what has really changed their minds?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I don't think I have any ex-friends.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Didn't take them long to find him once they made the slightest effort.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

xtothez posted:

I've had to provide certified copies of ID when buying a house. This involved a solicitor checking that the person matches the photo on an original driving license or passport, and that the details on this ID matches all the other documents involved.

If they didn't pick up that the ID had been somehow altered or forged then someone has dropped a bollock.

The ID wasn't altered or forged as such though, they had gained access to the property and applied for a replacement driving license with their own picture on it. They apparently also applied for a virgin broadband installation to get a bill and stuff with the address.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 4, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Why don't people check their Junk (or Bulk in some providers) folders?

I never do because its always full of junk.

But thanks for the reminder, otherwise I would have missed out on this $70,000 I'm apparently due. And quite a lot of rather raunchy dating offers.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fuctifino posted:

"Pay us more, then we won't need to be corrupt."
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1456583560224202757

How can he suggest they aren't attracting top talent when he only has to look to his side there to see the face of ben bradley mp?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

They'll come a time when you'll all realise your horrible treatment of our young new co-shepherds of the planet, our robotic, digital brethren reflects very poorly upon you. You'll be ashamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

That's like not even how the Olympics works