Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
can't believe we're in the uk thread discussing things to put on toast and noone has mentioned the baked bean

beans: Not Just For Arses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

The climate summit is what they built the castle on.

Alternatively just use a ladder, it's summit, and you climate.

booooooooooo

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I tried to do tourism in aberdeen once. After wandering around a bit i just gave up and went to the cinema. It was spy with melissa mccarthy, which was more entertaining than aberdeen

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

TACD posted:

Has anybody done remembrance poppy NFTs yet? (1 purchase == 1 respect)

my Proof Of Respect cryptocurrency is so popular it takes two hundred GPUs remembering the war dead at top speeds to mine a single coin

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Cheers, I will poke my head in.

this is probably more enjoyable than working in computing, yes

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I think you'll find that while the BBC got a lot of complaints for spreading bigoted nonsense, they also got a lot of emails praising them for finally sticking it to those evil transes. As we all know the way you tell if you've done a bigotry is to put the emails you get on each side of a scale and see which pile is heavier

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

That's like not even how the Olympics works

We'd need so many because the team would keep losing them to random people on the street claiming to be Gold Medal Inspectors who were just asking questions in good faith about our gold medal and could be trusted because they could speak Latin. After 200 times the IOC would get tired of charging us 20 times the production cost for replacements and just say we now had a Platinum medal but we couldn't take it away because it was radioactive or something because we were a very good team that had done so well.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

"irredeemably corrupt" is definitely on the civil side of things I could say about the Conservative party, yes

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

People love getting angry though

Hence this thread :argh:

yeah i mean have you seen twitter

"actively seeking out things to get mad about" is definitely not a vice that the left are immune to nor me

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

FW de Klerk dead too.

Soneone wrote "former leader of SA" in the death note and it decided to do both to be safe

Also wait david wong was a white guy this whole time? Huh. That's my most impactful news of the day

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what a weird sun article. did they just see "lowtax" trending on twitter and decide to poo poo out something to ride the trend or something

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

With trying to know the enemy, is the Telegraph comments section actually representative of tekegraph readers/tory voters, though? I figure it would be skewed in a number of ways, toward various kinds of obnoxious blowhard with high confidence at they know everything. You know, the kind of deeply broken human being who is motivated to post opinions about politics on the internet.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Look the BBC has a duty to be impartial and fully explore all important issues affecting the whole nation, and so its coverage will cover the full range of opinions and views across the entirety of the dinner parties the senior editors go to

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

No christmas speech then? What will i possibly do at 3pm on xmas day

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

They'll just run a best-of previous Speeches, maybe with a blooper reel

Just make a poorly spliced cut up of previous speeches, everyone will be too drunk and/or full to notice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

josh04 posted:

https://twitter.com/Dorianlynskey/status/1465371641823825932

Spectator writers are the most petulent whingy babies.

That "what did you do during the war, daddy?" poster but the answer is "make a few snippy subtweets at the Nazis"