Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The only thing worse than tories, mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The climate summit is what they built the castle on.

Alternatively just use a ladder, it's summit, and you climate.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They could have put him in front of the junction of the M8 and the M74 as a funny joke but that probably isn't 1. impressive or 2. funny to americans.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

They don't like to be talked back to by the poors.

The entire journalistic and political field is basically a structural "do not @ me" and they absolutely can not deal with the fact that people being able to @ them is now the only way their job will stay relevant.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I once got a first class ticket during the breif time when the ECML was nationalized, and it was very swank, antimassacres on the seats and free sarnie, dead lush.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean I also want to get my own way, get free stuff, and face no consequences.

But getting vaccinated is a step towards achieving that.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He goes in a trenchcoat with the pockets stuffed full of thames mud.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did your grandparents not have those clear plastic things on the sofa?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TACD posted:

What the gently caress is an infinity toilet

I have to assume it is a toilet where the water comes right up to the brim and overflows into a reservoir underneath the toilet.

The :females: value them extremely highly and I am sawing through the foundations of my house to install twenty of them as I speak.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sometimes I park in the supermarket and then I expense the parking claim and then I buy something in the shop and redeem the ticket for the money back.

I am basically the third kray brother.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Honestly the whole idea of meeting people in real life is just odd to me, I almost never see anybody else I work with. Everything is managed remotely and always has been. Computer gives instructions, I follow instructions, computer gives me money at the end of month.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I suppose they could have one upped it if they had contacted elliot rodger via ouija board for comment.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I actually didn't think anything could really rattle me any more but that insane screed kinda has, genuinely unnerving to know I'm walking around with people like that out there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yes but at least the nazis usually go around heiling a lot and most people will say they are the bad guys. These nutcases go around thinking they're god's gift and get published by the BBC.

I am less worried about nazis because I think they are easier to spot and most of the groups I would voluntarily associate with are likely to exclude them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In a sense yes, I am hoping that it crosses the glinner threshold and ends up making them look like the raving psychopaths they are.

But I am also just very, very exhausted by the fact that that is the best I can hope for.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

Please don't start another derail of letting everyone know how much of an idiot and Elonstan you are.

Muskrat, IMO.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The marketplace will gauge the value of your piss and ensure that only the best piss is allowed to be conveyed into are glourious british beaches, while the low class piss must fester in the flowerbeds.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Really do think they missed a trick selling the 10 foot walmart skeletons over here, imagine the respect levels you could achieve if you put a brodie hat on a 10 foot skeleton.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Because they launched the once and future video game, skyrim.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No way in hell am I spending money on VR anything, I hate buying games full price let alone hundreds of pounds of peripherals.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm going to sell the tomb of the unknown soldier as an NFT and then use the money to buy a tesla and a vr headset.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't really have much interest in tourism at all, and if I want to be outside I want, like the full experience, sound, sight, smell, heat cold tactile, all of it. Going outside is quite nice, I went to go sleep in the forest last summer because it was too warm, very pleasant.

Some of the VR stuff looks neat, but I mostly find myself wishing it was just available as a normal game.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

VR is the absolute tits, and it's still pretty much in its infancy. I mean it always has been, except now the tech is actually good enough to sustain a market.

The infancy part is a large part of the disinterest. I might get it when it becomes much cheaper and much more developed, but I am not interested enough to pay to be a guinea pig.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I could buy fifty hours of eating fish and chips for £300. And also thus nearly two months food.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would be surprised if it makes much difference, the people who vote for them are still gonna vote for them as long as they promise to make everything worse.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean looking at the labour party they probably aren't much better.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think not voting delegitimizes the political system, unfortunately.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think that's really related to voting or not, though, that's describing revolutionary desire, voting or not I think is tangential to that, if everyone stops votng then MPs just vote for themselves and then shrug and go "oh well I guess that counts".

Equally if you have people willing to start fighting in the streets about politics then that's pretty separate from voting turnout, I think, they can do that whether they voted or not, and I don't think not voting makes them more likely to want to do that.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I guess I would say that the government's legitimacy isn't really founded in democracy, that's the story they tell but it isn't, the government is "legitimate" to the extent that it is able to govern people, i.e its control of the police and the police's control of the country and thus the government's ability to enforce its decisions on other people, usually centered around restricting access to property, places, goods, or services. The democratic process is just a small part of making people unwilling to challenge that control, but the main part of it is a combination of the feeling that it isn't worth it to challenge it, and that it is impossible to challenge it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Or more simply because they don't want people investigating them for corruption.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if that translates to "the third party voting company we use for internal elections got cryptolockered"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's what makes me think it might be one of the people they use for elections, unless they are also selling on everyone's data which... wouldn't be terribly surprising tbh.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1455835321451569155

I enjoy that shoving a postbox up the arse of a crocheted squaddie is becoming more widespread.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/scottwilks/status/1324618466465370112

hell loving yes nazi skeleton respect, also very big fan of not being able to remember what war you're remembering

Where the hell does all that stuff go in the off season, where do you put a six foot plastic horse?

Where do you get a six foot plastic horse?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

@giantpoppywatch really is a wonderful way to spend an hour or so, cheered me right up it has.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the main error is actually that they panicked at a salty mail headline.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Or have worse taste.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How many copies of the autobiography did you buy.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Really does seem very silly that they didn't just commit, the mail isn't going to start supporting starmer and even if they did I don't think it would be enough to make anyone want to vote for him.

I can only guess it's because johnson got some poo poo from some tory or other but even then I can't really think who would care.

I suppose he could just actually be rattled by the front pages but that seems very weird because he already knows how to power through, it was the first notable thing he did as leader was sack a bunch of MPs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If they were going to pressure him to resign then why have the vote U turn though, that just makes it look even more chaotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pablo Bluth posted:

Boris is a silver spoon failson who has failed upwards his whole live. Don't proscribe him any competance.

I mean I don't expect him to be a genius just like, this seems a marked step down in capability even from what he has previously demonstrated. like institutionally the top of the government should be more capable than that, but I suppose it depends on whether he's hauled off and done a bunch of stuff on his own in a flap, I guess.