Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

CNN’s Wolf Blitzer obviously put the wrong postcode in his SatNav

https://twitter.com/wolfblitzer/status/1455118286736134149

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Gonzo McFee posted:

lmao this rules. With today's tech there is no point in sending out reporters to the field so CNN probably got to Glasgow, saw nothing impressive enough to film as a backdrop and went "gently caress it, we'll go to Edinburgh to film the castle".

Lol

https://twitter.com/christhebarker/status/1455130480127455239

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

👀👀 Great job opportunity going here lads…

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Sent mine

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Barry Foster posted:

To prove a point. It's a show of power

'We can do whatever we want and you can't/won't stop us'

It’s probably just this, but it does feel so flagrant that you wonder whether Patterson has something spicy that he threatened to go public with if Johnson didn’t rush to his aid.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

So they just thought the media and electorate were going to handwave away flagrant and blatant corruption. Then shat themselves when The Mail called them out on it? They’re really that loving stupid?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tesseraction posted:

what about all of this *waves hands over past 11 years* made you think these people have a brain cell between them

It’s a fair point. Their inbred Etonian stupidity and arrogance actually outweighs their malice and corruption

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

A truly monumental clusterfuck

Con +4
Keith -3

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Who amongst us hasn’t inadvertently snapped a bit of background suckling whilst getting some snaps of the wife’s knockers on the beach?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Flayer posted:

Why must the picture featuring the inadvertent suckling be specifically of an exposed wife on the beach? It's so weird.

Because the House of Lords is full of decrepit geriatric perverts

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This guy has seen some poo poo

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

peanut- posted:

British columnists are a truly unique class of brain

https://twitter.com/rcolvile/status/1457271787943829504?s=21

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Wes Streeting - Shadow Child

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

He should go and have a pint or 20 to celebrate

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I take pleasure in the rage behind Raab’s eyes as he is forced to go on National television and wipe poo poo off his forehead for Boris

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

From the Buttcoin thread - I’m afraid Canada has Out-Poppyfied us…

https://twitter.com/royalcdnlegion/status/1455245548525658118?s=21

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

RIP Dave Lee Travis

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

May his cornflakes always be hairy

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Moot must be making GBS threads himself

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lowtax has made it into the Currant Bun lol

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16704199/who-was-richard-lowtax-kyanka/

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Antigravitas posted:

Well, not quite, because the border in the Irish sea was negotiated by the UK. They wanted it. They had no intention of actually adhering to the things they signed, but they did sign.

Additionally, Article 16 doesn't allow the UK to disapply the protocol, it's a button that leads to further talks in a committee. However, as it is being threatened in extremely bad faith the US are getting ornery. All the inflammatory rhetoric and the shifting of goal posts isn't good for peace on the island of Ireland, and the US is invested in the Good Friday Agreement.

The "agree to everything the EU says but make it look like a compromise" is pretty accurate though. The EU doesn't mind that NI is slowly being pulled towards the ROI by having that sweet taste of the common market, and the TCA is heavily weighted in the EU's favour as well…

What the DUP and the UKGov don’t want to admit is that things are actually working well here. Businesses are adapting and shifting their supply chains to get stuff from the ROI and EU rather than the UK and we are not seeing empty shelves or petrol queues here in NI. The way the story was tried to be spun to be about “sausages” was particularly funny as if there’s one thing Ireland isn’t short of it is excellent sausages. There are however some bizarre exceptions like this Premier Inn I stayed at in Derry last week. They’ve clearly refused to adapt their England based supply chain for their crappy microwave meal menu and so 3/4 of their menu is currently unavailable.
Including , bizarrely, bread rolls. They are claiming they cannot find someone to supply them a bread roll in Northern Ireland lol.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

NotJustANumber99 posted:

items unavailable:

no cheesy chips

So are they available or not? Seems like this could be a matter of great concern for you, smellmycheese.

Chips were. Cheesy chips weren’t. Go figure

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just Another Lurker posted:

'They are unwilling to pay a higher price for the bread rolls' would be my take on things.

Regarding here in N.I. things look to be fairly good, we won't starve and the food selection is still better than i had available in the 1970s.

I'll take some pork, leek & honey sausages from McAtamney's Butchers over any imported ones from the UK every single time. :colbert:

The butcher in the Spar in my local petrol station does better sausages than you’d ever find in England.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Antigravitas posted:

I was under the impression that the protocol working well is the problem for them. The better NI looks with its access to the EU's market, the worse it looks for Brexiteers.

Which is hosed if you think about it for a few seconds, but also extremely funny.

Yes absolutely. They both have to pretend the protocol is bad for NI when in fact the opposite is becoming clear for all to see

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ah well. They’re only 100 million dollars each

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Brexit Benefits - Arse Salad

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Honestly I imagine the BBC top brass must think they dodged a bullet when Nadine was put in charge. She’s so loving thick she could barely operate a TV remote control so I imagine she’s easier to handle than that gimlet eyed little prick that was the previous minister, or indeed any Tory with the ability to walk and breathe at the same time.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

In other BBC news Andrew Marr has jumped ship for LBC

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Or was pushed to make way for Brillo to do it

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/theurigeller/status/1461946210596663300

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just Another Lurker posted:

That dude looks like has found some particularly choice mushrooms. :sparkles:

Geller possibly one of the few people on earth who is a bigger bullshitter than Johnson

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

She’d probably enjoy a garnish of Arse Tomatoes with it…

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Shock News!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I mean his mistress was literally given one of the handful of seats at his funeral, whilst being studiously avoided by any cameramen. I don’t think it’s hard to work out what’s being kept secret. Unless he bunged a few extra quid to the Paris hitman

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/nov/20/what-fresh-hell-must-philips-will-contain-to-make-the-royal-family-look-any-worse

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Camrath posted:

I've been making plans for xmas flavours, and Black Forest was one I'd missed off.. good catch! Ta :)

Dont forget “Prosecco and Tears”

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

One of the few pleasures of this government is hearing Raab being repeatedly sent out, clearly against his will as he loving loathes him, to slavishly defend Boris Johnson’s laughable behaviour. 5 mins on the Today programme of Raab painstakingly explaining how important Peppa Pig is to the governments vision.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Pistol_Pete posted:

I've got to admit, I've been browsing that Tattle website and it honestly is brutally funny about vain, online 'celebrities'.

It’s very reminiscent of the old Popbitch messageboard in its heyday

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Imagine sitting down at your computer and actually typing this out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Red Oktober posted:

Someone managed to get him into saying “up the ‘ra” a while back.

Twice