Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zhar
May 3, 2019

Mebh posted:

The gently caress are we even going to offer silicon valley?
Let them mine crypto on all our smart meters? Nfts of the queen? Testing grounds for unethical tech startups tied to the DWP?

lots of data, but we give that for free (although i bet hancock got a few dollars behind the scenes). see also the neutered replacement for gdpr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zhar
May 3, 2019

Tarnop posted:

Quantic Dream was (and probably still is) riddled with abuse

there's also the ellen page nude shower scene he got his company to make without her knowledge that hackers managed to dig out of the game files. bear in mind this would never have been intended to be in the release, he just got his 3d artists to model her nipples for reasons we can only guess at.

zhar
May 3, 2019

HopperUK posted:

Yo, not having a go at you or anything but Elliot Page came out as trans a while back and uses he/him nowadays.

Now you mention it I do remember reading something about that but I forgot - guess I haven't seen anything with him in since then.

Private Speech posted:

That one is kind of whatever to be honest, it's not the only game to have nipples in. (see also mass effect cameltoes etc.)

There's a million easier and far skeevier ways to do a virtual deepfake like that instead of putting it in the game if he wanted it for sexual gratification.

Also "hackers" is basically just any random modder with access to decoded game files and modelling tools.

That said there's a lot of credible allegations of abuse and harassment in quantic dream, which are far worse. I can't really get worked up about nipples on an otherwise barbie model of all things.

I don't have a problem with nipples in games like gta5, cyberpunk or whatever but making a nude model of someone without their knowledge, let alone consent is pretty unethical for a games studio to do imo, especially then publishing it in a triple A game even if it's buried in the files. it's a bit different than some nerd making a nude texture mod for a character based on someones likeness, and Page did consider legal action. Cage also spent a year collating a binder of photos of Page from the age of 6 through his teenage years before they even met.

zhar
May 3, 2019

a potted plant is more than enough responsibility for me