Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Just posting this as a baseline for the effect COP26 is definitely not going to have on Glasgow's COVID rate just like the G7 definitely didn't in Cornwall.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Jedit posted:

I remember that guy from uni, although be damned if I can remember his name now. Sad story - he went off the deep end after his Masters thesis was rejected and spent all his time hanging out on the High Street with a giant placard protesting the bias of Maxwell Irvine (who was chancellor at the time). Of course a year or so of that and you become completely unemployable. That was when he hit the Army Surplus stores and went full conspirasphere. Last I know of him was about 15 years ago; he was living in a tiny bedsit with army camo curtains and a giant board about Scottish nationalism in the window.

I didn't know Coohoolin went that crazy!

e: I don't know when someone did the custom title but I'm kinda into it

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/08/tory-peer-lord-bethell-whatsapp-covid-texts-deleted

LOL what a crock of poo poo.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

big scary monsters posted:

I'm hesitant to judge a man based on his father's actions, but hearing this stuff about the elder Johnson does rather shed light on some aspects of the PM's attitude to relationships for me.

You're hardly judging Boris based on Stanley's behaviour - it just helps explain why Boris ended up like he did.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

keep punching joe posted:

Applying for a free card that tells the hospital to send the bill to the NHS seems a lot better than paying for insurance but eh.

As far as I can tell the new GHIC is identical coverage to the EHIC. I saw an article claiming it doesn't work in Switzerland/Norway etc but the gov.uk website says it does. So shrug idk if this is really something people need to get upset about.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Any cyclist who has spent any time on public roads will firmly assure you that car ownership is a direct causal link to absolute sociopathy. I don't think I know anyone who cycles regularly who doesn't have multiple stories of essentially being attacked with several tonnes of high-speed steel.

Then when confronted about how they're attempting to murder someone else, will immediately go Full Clarkson and bleat about ARE ROAD TAX

As far as I can tell road rage in general seems to be proportional to how close you are to the Dartford crossing.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

OwlFancier posted:

Shouldn't have had the climate summit, all the climate showed up and is happening.

Had the pleasure of meeting the Climate at a charity do once. It was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

edit: apologies to Limmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/29/someone-needs-a-kick-up-the-butt-bexley-voters-consider-tories-record

quote:

... Sue Buckley, a retired Sidcup resident, said she would “love Boris to sort himself out” and “might vote Labour”. However her criticisms extended to wider frustrations with the government. “Someone needs a kick up the butt,” she said. “I don’t believe them any more. They backtrack a lot.” ...

Lmao what is anyone smoking that they think that Labour might win this by-election, or that people who would "love Boris to sort himself out" will ever be Labour supporters.