Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the classic school yard joke about dropping your gay card except it’s an NFT and official government policy for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Goldskull posted:

This is exactly the poo poo they pulled in my constituency last Election, and letter bombed the poo poo out of them. Which was annoying as piss, as of course it took a massive chunk out of the Labour vote (who the previous election were within ~1000 votes of taking it off the Tories) and still came a sad third. They know full well the average person won't look up/know the actual figures.

i like the scottish election where some right wing nutter just set up his own party which had “green” in the name

also didn’t ted heath struggle against someone also called ted heath

if i wasn’t in a safe labour seat and actually liked my local MP i would set up my own Conservator party and sacrifice my 5000 quid deposit for 2% of the tory vote

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Lungboy posted:

Boris comes across as a Big Bloke but he's 5'9".

he’s basically the same height as that kid he mullered playing rugby

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it was his dad

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I dont understand the bit. Its just a guy saying something dumb and Jonathan Ross calling him an idiot?

Had the pleasure of meeting Johnathan Ross at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i honestly dont understand how someone can get sued for posting that?

apparently you’re not the only one

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

josh04 posted:

The vote difference was all of 8 votes, not sure how much to read into it. They somehow both ran on "the other party will close your green spaces" and, uh, "no more stink":

https://twitter.com/NUL_Labour/status/1463442034635808772
https://twitter.com/AaronBell4NUL/status/1462013466563289090

Huckfield appears to have previously contested local elections on a platform of "vote for tories and the tories will give us more money" which is pretty lovely.

it’s ok labour say they won’t give out money to anyone which is very responsible and good for business

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What annoys me is people who think because Jeremy Corbyn is Piers Corbyn's brother, he must think the same.

My brother, ToryBoy, and I agree on one political/social thing only: Palestine.

it’s kinda the same thing with the johnson family tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I made a kid a few weeks ago and so far it's been really quite affordable. Mostly because everyone else is constantly throwing their baby stuff away so getting free baby stuff is incredibly easy. So far we've spent like £500 but accumulated £3000 worth of baby stuff (and the child benefit, worth £86 a month, is mitigating some of what little we've spent. Soon this baby will have made us money)

The childcare next year is where costs are really going to bite

make a reminder in your calendar to set up a childcare tax free account with .gov (google it), knocks of >£100 per month