Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Update on my thrilling congestion charge bailiff story : turns out the reason I heard nothing until now (8 months later) is because my car is still registered to the address I lived at 6 years ago.

I had no idea updating your vehicle log book was even a thing (seeing as my licence is updated, and I'm on the roll here, and I've been paying vehicle tax from this address for the last four years, and it's never been mentioned during an MOT etc), so there's the lesson I'd like to share with you all : update your vehicle log book!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
One thing I learnt during lock down is that the supermarket own brand marmite is just as good as actual Marmite, and considerably cheaper. Which is handy as my two year old loving loves the stuff.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Could we stage a pile on of wizard master please. While we still can.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
That's the thing with THESE PEOPLE... They make out as if they want to be free from some evil tyranny and are fighting for the greater good, but ultimately everything is just about getting their own way, facing no consequences and getting stuff for free.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Lady Demelza posted:

I thougt nobody was switching at the moment? Suppliers of last resort aren't actively touting for more customers.

Never underestimate people's ability to capitalise on a crisis, and to exploit the vulnerability of others in order to sell them stuff.

When I was looking to challenge my bailiff letter last week, ALL the top Google results when I was looking to see what I could do were for firms who wanted to 'consolidate all your debts into one easy loan!!!' blah blah blah

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
tbf it's one of the most viewed shows on the BBC, so it's good to have a 'national treasure' absolutely calling them out on this, even if at heart he is a lizard person too.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Red Oktober posted:

“We’ve decided not to proceed with the work at the minute - thanks for your time.”

That’s it - if (as seems possible) he’s a bit of a conman then anything else is just going to open conversation which he’s probably a lot better at than you.

Even if he starts work without a deposit you could find yourself in a world of pain if he does a poo poo job or just decides after a few days and half a demo job that he actually needs money for x y z.

You don’t owe anything, just knock it on the head.

This this this. Just get out ASAP. And make sure to check back in here. if he's a dick about it.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I find the BBC going after LGBT people really baffling. Like, I thought that battle was won. We like gay people now.

I would have thought it would make more sense to weaponise them against scroungers, immigrants and lefties.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Counter point : when they HEAR ombudsman they tend not to roll over so they don't look like they're making exceptions for people who threaten them.

If you just make them THINK about the ombudsman then you're all good.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Never, as the Tories will consistently redraw the boundaries so an isolated Cotswold village has the same electoral weight as a London borough with 200,000 people living in it.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I wonder if he's got something genuinely wrong with his physical health as well. He's looked and sounded like poo poo for ages, and during that speech he just seemed like he's generally just a bit broken.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I think you can have a smidgeon of empathy with billionaire fail children because it's an incredibly hosed up environment to grow up in, but still wholeheartedly agree that they're first against the wall.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I will always remember the day before shrooms were banned, because it coincided with the cinematic release of the Tom Cruise War of the World's. We took a bunch, saw that, had a blast, then bumped into a guy I didn't really like from school, then proceeded to have a genuinely lovely chat with him and came away in general bearing less animosity to people who I didn't really know that well.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I thoroughly recommend foraging for liberty caps, or hell, just foraging in general, to all goons.

Every year, a bunch of us go to this amazing spot in Wales, hire an Airbnb, pick shrooms in the mountains all day, then go home and brew them all up in tea.

The foraging itself is just such a lovely way to spend a few hours. It's very peaceful, and you really have an opportunity to have some great conversations, or just be alone with your thoughts while focusing on a simple activity. Plus, you know, if you have a successful day then you can get delightfully high in the evening as well.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Some pro thread-reading on display today.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I think it's pretty well established at this point that he's a drunk tbh.

I've never actually seen it mentioned outside of this forum. Is there a credible source? I thought it all just kicked off cos of a) that publicity photo of him in his office with a bottle of scotch in the background and b) just look at him.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

It's funny how fixated these guys are on equivocating their mouths with their arses (see: frequent use of the phrase 'face-nappy').

It's silly really, cos one releases noxious poo poo everywhere and the other... Oh.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

keep punching joe posted:

People should get better masks and learn to fit them, if you can smell a fart your mask is poo poo.

No, they're saying that wearing a mask is like retaining a fart in your pants.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

OzyMandrill posted:

Yeah totally, but it does make a vaguely plausable 'reason' why they need to start enforcing the mask mandate a bit more, but not really because of the whole winter surge/NHS stress really doesn't want to have 25% capacity locked up in covid patients. But admitting any hint of that would have political cost, so a new variant to scapegoat is always welcome by the press.

This is my theory too. Sure, omicron could be bad, but it's also a really useful excuse for tightening Covid restrictions before Christmas without admitting that your policy up until this point was the wrong one.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Angepain posted:

That "what did you do during the war, daddy?" poster but the answer is "make a few snippy subtweets at the Nazis"

I'm not good enough at twitter to work out what is actually going on here. I can get as far back as an Andrew Neil clip and then???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Crankit posted:

I've got a job offer and they want me to bring in my P45 and documentation of my national insurance number (the card or a payslip), I've lost both of these but I'm on universal credit as a jobseeker, will the job centre be giving me those details, how do I solve this I'm feeling a lot of dread and panic right now.

I think if you've got an actual job offer then you don't need to worry too much man, so try to keep that dread and anxiety under control.

As other goons have posted, there are a few ways to get what you need, and it might not even be the end of the world if you can't get them.

Also, loving congratulations dude, you got a job!